Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dangerous driving

Options
  • 12-09-2010 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Sorry if this is already here but there is a thread over in after hours with a link (sorry don't know if it'll work doesn't seem to be when I copy it but its called Limerick Lady vs The Duck Filly Race )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qaiIxo3qf8&feature=related

Everyone is debating whether the guards would be able to do anything. It has to be illegal- they are in the hard shoulder and the wrong lane (you can see the traffic coming the opposite way in their hard shoulder).

If I passed this I would report it straight away but loads of people seem to think nothing coulde be done about it. If I was driving on the wrong side on the road I'd be arrested. Are these races actually legal?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Must.....resist....urge....to....make....sweeping......anti-traveller statements!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Well, the black horse was galloping ,that's a disqualification there straight away :D

(bloody idiots ...that looks like the main Sligo to Dublin road which they effectively took over for their little race.)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Of course its bloody well illegal. And they will continue to do it and get away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

They would only laugh at the guards anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

even if (when) its reported, nothing will get done because they're travellers. I guarantee it.
    :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,141 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They usually have police scanners so they are well tipped off if the Gardai are on the way. By the time the Gardai get there they have moved on to another location. Some serious amounts of cash changing hands too at these gigs.

It's a pitty that Revenue doesn't make a few enquires about how all those expensive SUVs and vans are paid for. :rolleyes: Of course that would not be very PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Jamie-b

There are massive double standards at work so. Not so long ago a group of teenagers posted a video on youtube that everyone was talking about and they were caught and arrested and their cars were seized.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

bazz26 wrote: »
    It's a pitty that Revenue doesn't make a few enquires about how all those expensive SUVs and vans are paid for. :rolleyes: Of course that would not be very PC.

Who gives a sh1te about PC Bazz? You can have no doubts about it - if it were you and me it wouldnt be long before someone knocked on your door.

These kind of people really turn my stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Sure its apart of their culture guys, what's with the anti-traveller statements? These people are decent people who just can't get jobs*

*lots of sarcasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

Alot of travelers don't have an address so where would the gardai send the summons to? That's why they would probably get away with it and maybe that's why the gardai would not bother stopping them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Who gives a sh1te about PC Bazz? You can have no doubts about it - if it were you and me it wouldnt be long before someone knocked on your door.

These kind of people really turn my stomach.
    +1

p!sses me off no end how these "people" get away with it year after year, whereas if my car is a week out of tax I'd get screwed.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

Plenty of penalty point offenses committed there and not a chance of anything been done about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 NC27

peasant wrote: »

(bloody idiots ...that looks like the main Sligo to Dublin road which they effectively took over for their little race.)

Yep it sure is. Its the N4 just south of castlebaldwin. I was very suprised to see this happen on that strecth of road because the gaurds are almost always along there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

mondeo wrote: »
    Alot of travelers don't have an address so where would the gardai send the summons to? That's why they would probably get away with it and maybe that's why the gardai would not bother stopping them?

They all have PPSNs. They would have to supply an address for that and it is also tracked by Welfare. But guess what - the Gardai are not entitled to ask them for their PPSN:(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Must.....resist....urge....to....make....sweeping......anti-traveller statements!!!
    Absolutely, if you want to avoid a ban. You can of course go to town on the people in the clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

DonJose opens the traveller thread door gently and steps into this thread. DonJose looks around and see's Anan1 sitting in the corner with a ban stick, DonJose steps back and gently closes the thread door.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

DonJose wrote: »
    DonJose opens the traveller thread door gently and steps into this thread. DonJose looks around and see's Anan1 sitting in the corner with a ban stick, DonJose steps back and gently closes the thread door.

Brilliant !!!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭jock101

bad2dabone wrote: »

I would as some PC Zealot, banned me for a week. All because he got the idea I was refering to Travellers in an other Thread! Even though I never mentioned them at all! Another death nail in this Forum!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Doesn't matter who's driving ...this is idiotic and dangerous and they should be prosecuted

127365.JPG

The horses are absolutely fine in this pic btw :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Ah sure it's ok. Their hazard lights are on!

• Advertisement

127365.JPG

Is that Hosanna in the HiAce???

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Disgraceful behaviour on a public road, has anyone reported this video to the news stations and gardai seeing as the last time it was so effective?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Doesn't matter who's driving ...this is idiotic and dangerous and they should be prosecuted

127365.JPG

The horses are absolutely fine in this pic btw :D

thats the bit i was about to post, 3 cars traveling 3 a breast, a 4th on the oncoming hard shoulder and a 5th joining it, serious serious accident awaiting to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

jock101 wrote: »
    I would as some PC Zealot, banned me for a week. All because he got the idea I was refering to Travellers in an other Thread! Even though I never mentioned them at all! Another death nail in this Forum!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

*Gets up and leaves 100 euro note at the bar for Anan1*

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

jock101 wrote: »

Bye bye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

2dvvdcy.jpg

127365.JPG

Horse racing commentary, "And they're off, on the outside there's John Joe Ward, followed closely by Edward Ward and coming up fast on the inside is the favourite Jed Ward...."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭glic71rods46t0

I wonder if those involved in the clip are using their commercial vehicles for personal use - Gormley and the rest of the greens would frown on that!
    The lads with the horses on the other hand .... emm, very green and sustainable transport!

What would your guess be on the profession/trade of those involved... tarmac technicians? scrap merchants????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

If the Gardai can't beat them they join them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

-Corkie- wrote: »
    *Gets up and leaves 100 euro note at the bar for Anan1*
    Bye bye.

Gets out another €100 for Alanstrainor for that :D.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement