Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final results! decisive YES vote!!

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Have a feeling Ganley will be making a phone call to Cameron or visa versa soon!

good to see him campaigning in his own country for once so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    Well done, it really is.

But you are so smugly using the argument that somehow an aggregate score is a tie breaker.

Again, show me your source for this.

Jesus, is nobody going to tell him? Right... Bob... It's a joke. A piss take. It isn't serious. It exists only in the same world where we have a "1-1 draw," so should obviously have a third referendum. F*ing Christ...

(edit: What Scofflaw said, only meaner...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

passive wrote: »
    Jesus, is nobody going to tell him? Right... Bob... It's a joke. A piss take. It isn't serious. It exists only in the same world where we have a "1-1 draw," so should obviously have a third referendum. F*ing Christ...

I know it's a joke, but when he says something so smug like below:
    ei.sdraob wrote: »
    i will keep linking to the above fact until some people get the facts. fact! :D

In which he claims it to be a fact, surely he must be called up on it.

During the run up to the vote if a No voter so much as farted he would demanding sources and citations for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

But it is a fact.

More people voted yes then no in both votes combined, what are you calling him up on?

Fuhrer wrote: »
    But it is a fact.

More people voted yes then no in both votes combined, what are you calling him up on?

The concept of a tie breaker.

• Advertisement

Which only you brought up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

I know it's a joke, but when he says something so smug like below:

During the run up to the vote if a No voter so much as farted he would demanding sources and citations for it.

dude come on, wheres your humor this morning?

the whole [fact] thing is a pisstake at Coir

the word never written by me in first place

my post quotes marco_polo :)

Humm...I don't think I did to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

There was never going to be a tie breaker. If lets say UK does hold a referendum and gets it through at first attempt, that will be it. Remember this whole process has taken eight years. EU has little energy to be renegotiating the treaty let alone carrying out multiple referendums.
    But on same level, I say most of the country will be wary of ever voting on another European treaty after this. Nice twice Maastrict, Lisbon twice. At some stage you have to say enough is enough.

Humm...I don't think I did to be honest.

Oh, good god.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

I bet that if the situation was reversed - if the combined No side vote was greater than the combined Yes, it would be used by the No side as an excuse for a new referendum.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Oh, good god.

You're invoking God a lot today. A new expression of Lord's Day Observance?

You're invoking God a lot today. A new expression of Lord's Day Observance?

Its my go to expression with the swear filter in place when im confronted with such staggering levels of stupidity.

staggering levels of stupidity.

Reported ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Nice twice Maastrict, Lisbon twice. At some stage you have to say enough is enough.

Amsterdam once, accesion once, SEA once. What is you point about "enough being enough"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Mario007 wrote: »
    well to be honest FG kinda went mad with the job rhetoric. i'm in YFG and i have to admit that. FF was just too vague, Labour was just incompetent to be honest, if we want a summary of the parties.

I totally disagree. We had a good presence on billboards etc and our posters were the only ones from the Yes parties to think outside the box and the whole 'yes for jobs'. We also did a fair bit of canvassing and I think we pulled above our weight for the campaign. Anyways less of this Yes side bickering, tis over thank God! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

well i'm half way through eating my hat. well there goes my 56% no. my polls were complete garbage. as they say the people have spoken, thats the beauty of democracy the people have spoken, while chewing the remainder of my hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

zenno wrote: »
    well i'm half way through eating my hat. well there goes my 56% no. my polls were complete garbage. as they say the people have spoken, thats the beauty of democracy the people have spoken, while chewing the remainder of my hat.

As a Yes voter I was very surprised myself.

meglome wrote: »
    As a Yes voter I was very surprised myself.

yep thank F*** it's all over. I was suprised myself by the results thats for sure. now we need someone keeping a good eye on the eurocrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

zenno wrote: »
    yep thank F*** it's all over. I was suprised myself by the results thats for sure. now we need someone keeping a good eye on the eurocrats.

The thing is that we already have that - what we need is to keep an eye on the governments.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement

Scofflaw wrote: »
    The thing is that we already have that - what we need is to keep an eye on the governments.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

your absolutly right. I just hope things pick up from here on. it will take a while for lisbon to kick in, will see how things go, hopefully for the better that is.

Advertisement