Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

CramCycle wrote: »
    Alas someone else has the same bike as you, bad times, but glad to hear it wasn't you as I didn't want to start slinging mud about incorrect chain tension, amateur mistake (I know I've done it).

if it was around 6.15pm and it was someone heading towards clonskeagh from foster's ave it was prob me.

although mine's a brown one, single speed. not quite as nice as gavin's! what can i say, i must be setting a trend

having trouble alright with chain tension but i have it sorted since i think.

and yes i am a rank amateur!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

G rock wrote: »
    if it was around 6.15pm and it was someone heading towards clonskeagh from foster's ave it was prob me.

although mine's a brown one, single speed. not quite as nice as gavin's! what can i say, i must be setting a trend

having trouble alright with chain tension but i have it sorted since i think.

and yes i am a rank amateur!

Not you, sorry, it was the same as Gavins (colour and it was fixed), heading from the direction of the Goat down towards Ranelagh, not from Fosters Avenue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Surveyor11 wrote: »
    My brother rescued this from a skip (apparently there was 2 of them:eek:), sorry only image I have at hand at the mo but can post others. Bike looks great, could do with a bit of TLC but works fine. Has shifters on the down tube (indexed). It's a steel framed bike, kitted out in Shimano 600 groupset and Mavic wheels (don't havea s pec on these), from what I can see a pretty good spec for the time so looks like someone with a serious interest owned this beauty.
    The lugs are very distinctive heart shapes - these occur in several places on the frame. Looks like it has chrome forks and chroming where the back of the frame is connected to the udnerside of the seatpost. My initial research indicates a DeRosa, but need a keener eye to assist

Attachment not found.

You might be interested in these pages

http://www.mytenspeeds.com/My_TenSpeeds_1/FREE_SITE_VINTAGE/VINTAGE_3_Frame_Clues.htm
    http://www.mytenspeeds.com/My_TenSpeeds_1/FREE_SITE_VINTAGE/VINTAGE_4_Component_Clues.htm
    http://www.mytenspeeds.com/My_TenSpeeds_1/FREE_SITE_VINTAGE/VINTAGE_5_Component_Numbers.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

It took some time to find this thread in the depths of the cycling forum, and i hope posting images of my BMC CX02 are reason enough to resurrect it! i'd like to thank Raam & Russman for the frame & wheels respectively. i've used nearly all the odd bits from old training bike with new additions - eggbeaters, 3T stem & bars with Michelin Mud 2 on the Mavic Aksiums.

6251011304_89bd949a4f_z.jpg

6250477431_fd0c024756_z.jpg

6250469085_1a8d1b89b8_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Sweet ride.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,850 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Just picked this up yesterday. Pushed my budget out a bit and negotiated a just-couldn't-refuse deal :).

She's currently dripping wet and cooling down (while I try and warm up) after a fast and sopping wet Gerry Brannigan spin!

The pictures don't do the bike justice at all. When you get up close to it you see all sorts of really classy detailing in the frame itself, the decals, the fork; and the finishing kit is suberb. The whole bike is much lighter than I thought it would be too.
    I'm delighted with it, really am - a real bonus when all I was looking for was an aul' joyless winter workhorse. :). It bodes very well for the upper echelons of the storck product line that their aluminium entry level bike should be so good, imo.

storck2.jpg

storck1.jpg

edit - wheels are my own, I bought the bike without to save a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

fat bloke wrote: »
    Just picked this up yesterday. Pushed my budget out a bit and negotiated a just-couldn't-refuse deal :).

She's currently dripping wet and cooling down (while I try and warm up) after a fast and sopping wet Gerry Brannigan spin!

Ahaa...you got one! It was becoming something of a saga, your search for a bike. Looks lovely, some winter trainer! So you were out on the spin today. Didn't notice you - not that rotund after all.;) Yeah it was fast in those conditions. Myself and another chap spent about 20-30 minutes chasing back on after marshalling duties. Might have made it back sooner but I almost forgot my shades at the junction - couldn't let those BBB beauty's go!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,850 ✭✭✭fat bloke

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Ahaa...you got one! It was becoming something of a saga, your search for a bike. Looks lovely, some winter trainer! So you were out on the spin today. Didn't notice you - not that rotund after all.;) Yeah it was fast in those conditions. Myself and another chap spent about 20-30 minutes chasing back on after marshalling duties. Might have made it back sooner but I almost forgot my shades at the junction - couldn't let those BBB beauty's go!:pac:

Ha ha, yeah the saga is over, thanks be to God. :D

Fast spin is right. And the nicest place to be for once was the front with all the standing water and back wheel spray. We cycled from Firhouse to get the extra few k in, but coming back into Clonee I'd have jumped at an offer of a lift! Nothing for it but the miserable, sodden, slog home :(.

Felt sorry for the Orwell'ers having to stand around with flags and stuff. My neighbour got roped into marshalling as well - wasn't him you were chasing on with was it? Fella on a black canyon roadlite? Must have been pegging it cos we weren't hanging about at all and ye were only just in after us.

I was on an Ultimate AL. Not sure who I rode in with at the finish. Had caught the group just as the marshalls stopped everyone for a bit. Went the wrong way like so many at that roundabout at Dunboyne and took it fairly handy at the back of the bunch into Clonee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Wheely GR8

My big fat snowmobile.
    Can't wait for the snow this year :D
    bike002p.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    %20target=_blank%3Ebike002p.jpg

Also have a sirrus and cannondale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Needabike

my new steed

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

IMG_0315.jpg

It's beautiful to me, anyway!

My new (old) frame. Going to build it up with modern components and ride the hell out of it.
    Used to post here long time ago as fish-head but then Boards had it's giant hiccup and I lost my username.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

now that is a bike worthy of some nice new expensive parts.
    looks like a custom frame at one time any history at all on it.;)

Don't know a whole heap about it's history, it was bought off Andy White from Fyxomatosis by an Irish guy in Australia and brought over here and ridden.

I found it for sale and jumped at it! Kenevans are all custom built in Australia. 653 Reynolds tubes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

really class love old steel frames the best ride of the lot.hope you post a photo when you have it built up thanks.
    must try and post a photo of my steel beauti;)

Thanks man! Hope to have it going some time after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

****ty pic of the new toy, I'll get the DSLR out when we get some sun, a bike is a tad big for the light bench.

2011-10-28%25252017.53.39.jpg

Took her out for the first proper spin yesterday, ended up on my arse the far side of enniskerry, really need to change out those slicks, so only did a measly 50k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Wasn't sure to post this in the credit card thread or here as it's really not something I needed but the 10% off helped and it has almost 1.5" improved stand over height for the trials so been watching it for a while now. The extra stand over height is needed since I switched to suspension the front of the current bike is much higher.

Also all the parts on my specialized should easily transfer over as they have the same part dimensions so other then possibility some new cables I should be able to get it together pretty quick and sell the old frame to get some of the money back as its in perfect condition anyway.

Can't wait to get it built up:
    TOMAC_TYPEX_WHITE_FRAME.jpg

Never did post a pic in here before but anyway here's one of my new trusty steed.

Ridiculously light for a aluminium frame.

canyon bike 001.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭mp31

ED E wrote: »
    ****ty pic of the new toy, I'll get the DSLR out when we get some sun, a bike is a tad big for the light bench.

2011-10-28%25252017.53.39.jpg

Took her out for the first proper spin yesterday, ended up on my arse the far side of enniskerry, really need to change out those slicks, so only did a measly 50k.

What make of bike repair stand do you have? Is it one of those Crivit things from Aldi/Lidl?
    Have you had any issues with it e.g. broken plastic bits etc or poor quality and tricky to use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

My little pint size french commuter I keep at my mum's for when I go visit. It's a 1989 Peugeot Mach 2, w/650 wheels. The derailleur was a bit bent so I removed it to make it a single speed. I still have to work on it a little bit when I go back next, the wheels need truing.

180117.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Miyata 310 - circa 1985/1986

Suntour geartrain, Shimano Dia-compes.

Coming from a hybrid, this is fantastic to cycle. However the first serious cycle on it, I got a puncture, suppose could happen at any time though.

DSCF1324.JPG

DSCF1323.JPG

Will upload some more when i get to the dslr at home.... Excuse the carpet too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭jimbo28

jaysus, that bike brings back memories. i remember winning my first U 11 race one of those bikes, i still remember the name of the guy who took the piss at the start line because of the tractor tyres : ), d auld prick.................him and his cadex. : )

oh yea and me auld fella tellin me "not to mind him" sure doesnt stephen roche ride the same model peugeot as your own !!!

mp31 wrote: »
    What make of bike repair stand do you have? Is it one of those Crivit things from Aldi/Lidl?
    Have you had any issues with it e.g. broken plastic bits etc or poor quality and tricky to use?

Yup, thats the one. The aul fella picked it up a month or so ago, just opened it the other day though. Seemed really sturdy to me, its almost as heavy as my speaker tripods. Only used it for a few mins total but didnt have any issues, maybe you got a lemon.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭leopard trek

New BH,
    Building up with ultegra and planet x guru wheels..... cant wait :)
    http://www.bhbikes.co.za/Technology/102_rc1.htm
    LPT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

So box arrives from CRC this morning and I'm all excited to get the bike assembled on time for Sunday. Open the box and rather then the small white version I order there's a XL black model in the box :mad:

Now have to pay for a second one and return this one so it'll be another week before I get the bike together and get refunded for the wrong one.

Wasn't sure to post this in the credit card
    thread or here as it's really not something I needed but the 10% off helped and it has almost 1.5" improved stand over height for the trials so been watching it for a while now. The extra stand over height is needed since I switched to suspension the front of the current bike is much higher.

Also all the parts on my specialized should easily transfer over as they have the same part dimensions so other then possibility some new cables I should be able to get it together pretty quick and sell the old frame to get some of the money back as its in perfect condition anyway.

Can't wait to get it built up:
    TOMAC_TYPEX_WHITE_FRAME.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

So box arrives from CRC this morning and I'm all excited to get the bike assembled on time for Sunday. Open the box and rather then the small white version I order there's a XL black model in the box :mad:

Now have to pay for a second one and return this one so it'll be another week before I get the bike together and get refunded for the wrong one.

Make sure they cover your return postage or send a courier.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭stevie_b

IMG_2773.jpg

i think it deserves to be part of this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭mp31

ED E wrote: »
    Yup, thats the one. The aul fella picked it up a month or so ago, just opened it the other day though. Seemed really sturdy to me, its almost as heavy as my speaker tripods. Only used it for a few mins total but didnt have any issues, maybe you got a lemon.

Sorry I didn't mean to confuse you.. I haven't got one but would like to buy one - trouble is I have to wait until Aldi/Lidl have them in their specials sales. I've seen some reviews online saying the plastic yokes break hence the question.
    Where did your 'aul fella' buy it from?

• Advertisement

TBH havent used it enough to give a proper opinion, that said I am due to fix up another bike next week, so I'll be using it for a few hours then.

It was either Lidl or Aldi that he got it from, but he has no clue which:p

Advertisement