Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭forza_milo

You're right, the chain does tend to ping metallically against the chrome chain stay when crossing rough road surfaces (i.e. everywhere). A little strip of clear plastic I stuck to the stay has avoided any grief to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

@forza_milo Nice pictures - looks even nicer in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Lovely set of wheels Forza_milo. That aul frame holding the lot together ain't to shabby either.

Seriously though,damn sexy. I'm still a sucker for old skool frames and looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭SACH Central

This has probably been posted here before, so sorry in advance. How do I post photos of my new bike here. I have tried clicking on the attachments tab, then clicked on browse - highlighted the photo I wanted - then clicked upload - but nothing happened. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Use this to upload the photo and then post the linky thing.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

Hermy, Thanks for your help - I still can't get it to work. I have uploaded my photos from my camera to my PC. When I select the photo I want to use and then click upload - nothing happens. The photos are JPEGS and below 5MB. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I'm no expert - maybe try the HelpDesk.

Actually, try this if you haven't already.
    Go to http://wthax.org/ and click Browse.
    That will upload the pic to the web and provide you with a link to the pic.
    Cut and past that link to your Boards post and you should be sorted.
    You may also need to re-size your pics to speed up the process. See here.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭forza_milo

(i) Load your photos onto Flickr.
    (ii) Go to photo, click "Share this" and then select "Grab the HTML".
    (iii) Highlight and copy link to photo. You will find this somewhere in code, it will be in inverted commas and will begin with "http://" and end with ".jpg" - DO NOT copy entire list of code which comes up when you click "Grab the HTML" just the the line described above.
    (iv) Paste this code into the "insert image box" when making post on Boards.

f_m

My new machine (with thanks to forza_milo ;))

Viner Perfecta full carbon frameset. Custom built

Full Ultegra SL groupset

Dura Ace 7801 SL Tubless wheel set

Hutchinson Fusion 2 Tubeless tyres

Pro PLT Stem, Bars & seat post

Fizik Arione saddle

Look Keo Pedals

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

My new machine (with thanks to forza_milo ;))

Full Ultegra SL groupset

Fizik Arione saddle

Look Keo Pedals

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Pics not working yet...

• Advertisement

Finally, after many hours toil, a broken marriage etc I bring you:

My new machine (with thanks to forza_milo wink.gif)

Full Ultegra SL groupset

Fizik Arione saddle

Look Keo Pedals

3760763495_1948b8519d.jpg

3761572470_5ec312f5cf.jpg

3760779721_8052129e5b.jpg

3761590494_8a865c81f9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

What was the custom process like with Viner?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

Finally, after many hours toil, a broken marriage etc I bring you:

My new machine (with thanks to forza_milo wink.gif)

Very nice indeed. Where did you get the measuring done and how did you find the custom fitting process?

Edit: rottenhat got there before me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

SACH

Thats fecking beautiful !!! Saving me pennies for one, upgrading from my Viner Magister ( Which is still way beyond my capabilities !! ). Did you get it from Worldwide Cycles ?

lukester wrote: »
    Very nice indeed. Where did you get the measuring done and how did you find the custom fitting process?

Edit: rottenhat got there before me

I got it through Worldwide Cycles in Clonmel. The whole measuring/fitting process took about an hour. Firstly they took all the measurements - inside leg, height, arm length etc, etc. They put this info into a computer programme on their computer which came up with specific size - just for me:)

When they had the final measurements they put them into a 'bike fitting jig' This contraption is basically a ultra adjustable bike. You can adjust every single part - stem, seat post, top tube, etc etc. This jig is somewhat similar in appearance to a 'keep fit' gym bike, so once it was set up to my measurements I could try it out.

I spend about 10 minutes pedalling on it. Immediately it felt great. It felt as though the saddle was lower (it was, 5 MM lower than my 'old' bike) and that the bars were higher (they were in fact 15 MM lower than my 'old' bike) It felt great.

It took 12 long weeks to get it!, but definitely worth the wait. I'd definitely recommend one and the guys in Worldwide are great. Barry has quite a bit of info on the whole Viner 'experience' in his blogs, if you do a search.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭rebelbmx

winspacenice.jpg

winspacefrontwheel.jpg

chainset.jpg

carbonspeed.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Lovely looking bike, I've never heard of that make though. Any more info on the build?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 SPINERGY

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Lovely looking bike, I've never heard of that make though. Any more info on the build?

Nice bike alright yeah! I hadn't heard of them either until there was an on IrishCycling about hubcycles introducing Winspace carbon products...interesting stuff. I really like the look the look of yours, have any idea what kind of weight it comes in at? No worries if you not the weightweenie kind like me!!! Best of luck with it anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

That winspace looks strangely familiar, it's uncanny. :P

Lovely build though, and those frames get good reviews however they're branded.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Billy Whizz

Just because they may use the same mould says nothing about the quality of the frame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

My 53cm C2C with campag xenon which arrived today from slanecycles
    An entry level bike for an entry level rider! :rolleyes:
    Pretty hard to find now so verrrrry happy!

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

furiousox wrote: »
    My 53cm C2C with campag xenon which arrived today from slanecycles

Tasty ride. Not really entry level, is it? :pac:

Maybe consider levelling the saddle and rotating bars such that the levers are vertical.

Thanks Lumen

Any advice on how to use Look Keo Easy pedals without feeling terrified all the time?? :eek:

l know its a "newbie's" problem but l'm assuming they'll free up a bit with use and as the cleats get worn?

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Any advice on how to use Look Keo Easy pedals without feeling terrified all the time?? :eek:

l know its a "newbie's" problem but l'm assuming they'll free up a bit with use and as the cleats get worn?

Dunno about that. I'm struggling a bit with my Times (engagement is hard), but never had any problem with Looks. It's probably just a confidence thing, try and clip out in plenty of time before you stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Just practice with the Looks Furiousox, after a while you will find them easier than standard pedals. Last time I rode regular pedals I nearly jumped out of them they felt so dangerous to me. You'll get there.

It may be an entry level bike, but it looks like a top of the range machine... Campag stuff always looks good, even at entry level and the Bianchi is classy. You won't be needing to upgrade that bike anytime soon. Now aren't you glad you paid an extra few quid and got that ahead of a beat up old one which you would probably be pouring money into to keep on the road ?

Sure am, thanks again for the link Quigs.
    BTW you're in Louth aren't you?
    l'm in Drogheda, ru near?

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Here it is ... My MTB :)
    Before you ask ... it's a 13.5 Specialized Rockhopper Comp.

20090729_22.jpg20090729_21.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Sure am, thanks again for the link Quigs.
    BTW you're in Louth aren't you?
    l'm in Drogheda, ru near?

Waterford, but we'll keep an eye out for you at the Sean Kelly Tour which will now be compulsory for you on a bike that flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭rebelbmx

SPINERGY wrote: »
    Nice bike alright yeah! I hadn't heard of them either until there was an on IrishCycling about hubcycles introducing Winspace carbon products...interesting stuff. I really like the look the look of yours, have any idea what kind of weight it comes in at? No worries if you not the weightweenie kind like me!!! Best of luck with it anyway ;)

Thanks,

I actually own hubcycles. I havn't the weight but I would say its around the 6.8kg mark.

Very nice bike in the flesh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

Lumen wrote: »
    Dunno about that. I'm struggling a bit with my Times (engagement is hard), but never had any problem with Looks. It's probably just a confidence thing, try and clip out in plenty of time before you stop.

i just changed from look to speedplay and they fell so different, even the clip in takes a bit of getting used to but and clip out is a bit harder at the start compared to looks

Advertisement