Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Raam wrote: »
    Hawt

I'm not judgemental, honest. :D

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

MarkG1975 wrote: »
    Giant carbon XTC up at Castlewellen co.Down,beautiful area

A fine bike MarkG and a fine bottle !

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭pump

my Cube Reaction Elixir R Bike

(Excuse the mess in my work area! :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

pump wrote: »
    my Cube Reaction Elixir R Bike

(Excuse the mess in my work area! :P)

TASTY!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

Jaysus, a few quid spent on a proper bike fit wouldn't have gone astray, probably cost the same as one AX Lightness bolt !

Raam wrote: »
    Hawt

DSC_0027.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Fender76

38678_413706452825_666722825_4761658_4292248_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭damo80

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭pump

CheGuedara wrote: »
    TASTY!

thanks mate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

Now that's what I call a gorgeous bicycle ;)

Bear Bicycles is a new one on me, never heard of them before, thank's for the link.
    I'm mad keen to get a Dutch oma ::sigh:: but I've only just bought a new bike.
    I think it's great how there's now more of the Dutch bikes becoming available in this country like Gazelle and bsp and Pashley (ok, I know they're English but ya know what I mean) and now this.

And yes, this lady thinks you'd probably look very stylish and dapper riding along on one of those, especially in maybe some nice tweeds or a nice 50's/60's style suit or even just whatever you normally wear
    (as long as it's not trackies or lycra that is ahem :p)
    You'd certainly turn my head :D any pics of you on the bike? :D

I've had a conversation recently with some of my girl friends about the increasing number of Dutch bikes we see around Dublin and they too think they make men (and women) look more attractive in their ordinary clobber riding one of these around the city than trussed up in lycra, so men, if you want to impress the laydees... take note ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

bike2010.JPG

My new Canyon Cltimate CF
    Ritchey matrix stem, Ritchey WCS carbon seatpost ... and the rest will follow when hole in my pockets is filled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

:pac:

canyon.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Lovely bike aidan.

What's the website again? :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

levitronix wrote: »
    bike2010.JPG

My new Canyon Cltimate CF
    Ritchey matrix stem, Ritchey WCS carbon seatpost ... and the rest will follow when hole in my pockets is filled
    Sorry, but it's facing the wrong way in that photo...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Beasty wrote: »
    Sorry, but it's facing the wrong way in that photo...:pac:

When i have more parts for it it will face the right way ! haha .. i ll have to hide it somehwere as well at home cos with another bike in the house :( i wont hear the end of it ..

Nice bike aidan was waiting on you to post it when it was built, they sent me the wrong seat post, they sent me the more expensive ritchey wcs carbon one bolt post

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

That's a grand Canyon ya got there!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Planet X wrote: »

Terrible, absolutely terrible but I lolled.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭jefferson73

Available on ebay.

1973 Pinarello Treviso
    Colnago Duall Campagnolo

P8193224.JPG

P8183073.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭alanucc

Planet X wrote: »

Actually this is a grand canyon :)

www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbikes/series/grand-canyon-cf.html

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Genealogy Forum Mod

Hermy wrote: »

That's truffle hunters for ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Hermy wrote: »

I saw this near Dublin airport on Friday evening:

25hcn5y_th.jpg

You can't see it, but in addition to the black knee socks, yellow jersey and two-tier saddlebags, he has a glass bottle of Perrier in his cage. Awesome.

1989 CONCORDE SQUADRA team PDM
    Columbus TSX

ebay

speed_001.jpg

speed_054.jpg

Lumen wrote: »
    I saw this near Dublin airport on Friday evening:

25hcn5y_th.jpg

You can't see it, but in addition to the black knee socks, yellow jersey and two-tier saddlebags, he has a glass bottle of Perrier in his cage. Awesome.

Looks like he's off to ref a football match or something.:pac:

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

1989 CONCORDE SQUADRA team PDM
    Columbus TSX

<snip>

I've died and gone to heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Greentopia wrote: »
    Now that's what I call a gorgeous bicycle ;)

Bear Bicycles is a new one on me, never heard of them before, thank's for the link.
    I'm mad keen to get a Dutch oma ::sigh:: but I've only just bought a new bike.
    I think it's great how there's now more of the Dutch bikes becoming available in this country like Gazelle and bsp and Pashley (ok, I know they're English but ya know what I mean) and now this.

And yes, this lady thinks you'd probably look very stylish and dapper riding along on one of those, especially in maybe some nice tweeds or a nice 50's/60's style suit or even just whatever you normally wear
    (as long as it's not trackies or lycra that is ahem :p)
    You'd certainly turn my head :D any pics of you on the bike? :D

I've had a conversation recently with some of my girl friends about the increasing number of Dutch bikes we see around Dublin and they too think they make men (and women) look more attractive in their ordinary clobber riding one of these around the city than trussed up in lycra, so men, if you want to impress the laydees... take note ;):D

Hey Lumen- what's that you were saying about '20 paces'? How many paces would you say it is from Sandymount to Wicklow? :p

Hey Greentopia- so, uh, how you doin'? :cool:

If I remember rightly, the Bear folk mentioned that the bikes are similar to an Azor (though a quick search of the Azor catalogue didn't yield an exact match). You could check the site of Het Zwarte Fietsenplan, which is Bear's Dutch partner, I believe, but there's no exact match that I can see there either.

And what makes you think I don't normally wear tweed or '50s/'60s suits? (Trackies? It'll be a cold day in hell...) It's still a bit warm for the tweed, but I have a couple of lovely Italian suits handed down from my grandad which probably fit the bill- y'know, all continental and ventless. Maybe I'll break one out for tomorrow in your honour! In the meantime, this is the best I can do on the photo front- it's the bike I test rode in June, rather than my own. Do I meet with your approval? (Sorry about the ridiculous hat.)

IMG_3274_bp1.jpg

(That wasn't you, or one of your girl friends, who stopped to offer help as I was examining my drivetrain on Saturday afternoon outside DIT on Aungier Street, was it? Perhaps I was imagining it, having read your post that morning, but I sensed a knowing glint in the lady's eye as she stopped to chat. Or maybe you're not alone in feeling the lure of the opa...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

++1 Awesome looking bike. My new wallpaper! My dream bike in the 80's, any Concorde columbus frame for that matter. The brakes, seatpost, yummm. Its a bike for the mantle piece, I could sit looking at it for hours.

Hungrycol wrote: »
    ++1 Awesome looking bike. My new wallpaper! My dream bike in the 80's, any Concorde columbus frame for that matter. The brakes, seatpost, yummm. Its a bike for the mantle piece, I could sit looking at it for hours.

With regard to.

Concorde (made by Ciocc, Italy) of the Columbus SLX variety.
    Again team PDM.

SLX has ridges in the bottom bracket end of the seat tube and chainstays and on both ends of the down tube.

TSX is identical except is has ridges extending the entire length of the tube on the top and down tubes.

Pic stolen from Speedbicycles.
    speed_001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Hungrycol wrote: »

Certainly one to hang on a wall,then just paint a picture frame around it. I must throw an eye on the end of the auction to see the price rocket. God I'd be tempted.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

+1 How I lusted for that bike at that time.

Why did they drop that brake design, was it goddawful to use ?

• Advertisement

fishfoodie wrote: »
    Why did they drop that brake design, was it goddawful to use ?
    I think I remember reading somewhere that they weren't great at all.
    But they look fantastic on that bike.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement