Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name that Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Right on both counts. Two great games. Just this one left, I'll give you a clue, it's not a traditional football game.
    Is that 'Footballer of the Year'?

Gremlin didn't make too many football games... that doens't look like the C64 version though...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is that 'Footballer of the Year'?

Gremlin didn't make too many football games... that doens't look like the C64 version though...

Yes it is, that's the Spectrum version but whatever format is was on, it was a great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭December Son

Maximilian wrote:
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/56588/23468.png

First one is Captain Blood. Awesome game. Ahead of its time Shame I hadn't a clue what I was doing though.

Max is right retro, its captain blood :D
    And max, i too had no idea wtf was going on. But i did like the planet with the naked alien chick

Yes it is, that's the Spectrum version but whatever format is was on, it was a great game.
    Spectrum, really? It looks great. The Spectrum always had much cleaner lines than the C64, which tended to have blocky and fuzzy sprites.

I fired up a C64 emulator last night and was playing Creatures... it's really held up well that game... still lots of fun.

Here's another game:
    moomoomystery.gif

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Max is right retro, its captain blood :D
    And max, i too had no idea wtf was going on. But i did like the planet with the naked alien chick

IIRC Jean Michel Jarre did the music.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Game 1:
    dariusgaiden.jpg
    Game 2:
    a_med_Image3.jpg

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Anyone remember these?

Max:
    Is the second one Starglider?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Game 1:
    dariusgaiden.jpg
    Game 2:
    a_med_Image3.jpg

dariusgaiden

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Spectrum, really? It looks great. The Spectrum always had much cleaner lines than the C64, which tended to have blocky and fuzzy sprites.

I fired up a C64 emulator last night and was playing Creatures... it's really held up well that game... still lots of fun.

Here's another game:
    moomoomystery.gif

That's Renegade I think. A game that was on the Amiga 500 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

the second one from vegeta is from the makers of D i think. It was on the saturn...goddamnit i cant remember its name.

ENEMY ZERO!

what ever happened to D2 on the dreamcast?

Lemlin wrote:
    That's Renegade I think. A game that was on the Amiga 500 years ago.
    No. Not Renegade... Renegade was a Double Dragon type game, wasn't it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Maximilian is the first game Settlers by any chance.

the lord of the cheeses first game looks more like G Darius than Darius gaiden.

Edit: Playing G Darius now, it's definitely Darius Gaiden.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Lemlin wrote:
    A game that was on the Amiga 500 years ago.

Ah, I don't think monkeyfudge is that old.

No. Not Renegade... Renegade was a Double Dragon type game, wasn't it?

The name begain with R though. I remember the game. It had something to do with movies and the levels were staged in movie sets or something, and you had to collect videotapes.

Dammit, what was the name!!!

Lemlin wrote:
    The name begain with R though. I remember the game. It had something to do with movies and the levels were staged in movie sets or something, and you had to collect videotapes.

Dammit, what was the name!!!
    Ha... that's the one.... It begins with a P... which I guess is kind of like an R that has lost a leg in Vietnam.

haha... and yes... I guess it is hard to remember back 500 years ago.

It was Premiere. Renegade Software made it. That's where I got the Renegade from!

Gonna be an obvious one for anyone who ever played it, but I'm not sure how many people actually did - http://freegames.m4d.it/free/free/img/free_8082.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Can't think of the name. Began with an A. Was on the amiga.

Apidya! Apparently meant to be the best of it's type on the amiga.

• Advertisement

Was I right with Premiere?

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Apidya! Apparently meant to be the best of it's type on the amiga.

Well it's definately the best Wasp based shoot-em-up ever, and a great game in its own right, even if it was tough as nails. There's a fan remake in the offing - http://apidya.vg-network.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Maximilian wrote:
    Anyone remember these?
    First one looks like Defender of the Crown ?

Lemlin wrote:
    Was I right with Premiere?
    Yep that's right. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a Renegade game though... that was the Bitmap Brothers publisher... and Premiere certainly doesn't look blue and metalic to me.

I think it was a Core game or something...

Oh and I remember Apidya too... great game with some amazing bosses.. I remember one was a bunch of maggots living the the rotten carcus of a dead rat.

First one looks like Defender of the Crown ?
    I was thinking Lords of the Realm myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    the second one from vegeta is from the makers of D i think. It was on the saturn...goddamnit i cant remember its name.

ENEMY ZERO!

what ever happened to D2 on the dreamcast?
    Vegeta wrote:
    dariusgaiden

yep, thats them.

As for D2, i think it got made, but don't think it ever got released in europe.
    gamespot review of D2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Heres two more games for ye -
    They both have a link though, they were both sponsored/endorsed by two well known companys - extra points if you can name the sponsors :)

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

ahahaaa. pushover, for the snes. pretty good game! And only wikipedia was able to remind me that quavers was the sponsor :)

The other one, i don't know. look crap. mcdonalds. blah.

Here's one of my all time favourite games:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Hmmm, never knew pushover was released on the snes, the copy I had was for the amiga, guess ill just have to go have a look for that rom now :D

EDIT : Found the snes version, same game but slightly different idea behind it. In the amiga version the ant went looking for quavers dropped into an anthill by colin (the quavers dog), in this one he goes looking for cash belonging to one captain rat:confused: that might be why you didnt get the quavers association right away balfa.

Actually its a bit sad how much of this I remember :o

• Advertisement

The MacDoalds game is Mick and Mack Global Gladiators.

It actually wasn't a bad little platformer.

Advertisement