Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Favourite Car Colour

Options
  • 09-02-2006 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭

Just wonderin what your favourite colour is in a car. My car is charcoal grey and i really like the colour. (incidentally, my old car is in background as i was selling it.. it was indeed purple!!!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Definitely metallic silver.

Had a metallic dark grey/graphite car once, and never again. Other road users just didn't seem to be able to see me, not surprising really as it was effectively a road-coloured car :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Hmmmm, silver or grey?

25thsilver.jpg

25th.jpg

I'll take the grey, thanks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

White for coupes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

HAve to agree, I love dark grey cars....although the new Golf does come in this lovely bright blue that looks nice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Depends entirely on the make/model/shape/size/style of the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

For me it really depends on the make of car but I would have to go with metalic silver in most cases.

My current car is navy and it was my second choice when I bought it new but the car in the colour I wanted would not have been available for 12 weeks. :eek:

I find dark colours very hard to keep, between scratches, chip marks and dirt but it does look well when it is clean. I've had navy for the last 3 years now so I will definately change to a different colour next time.

Incidently I read somewhere (cannot remember the source) that silver is the most popular colour in cars throughout the world these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Check out House of Kolor for a nice selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Gotta be black... my last two cars have been black.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I like two tone road dirt grey, it seems to be the most popular colour in Ireland at the present time;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

White and black can be nice, but are very difficult to keep clean. Metallic silvers, and blues are better in that respect.

Bright red for sports cars.

My MkII RS2000 is signal orange - very stealthy :D

ostd06200421.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I like the really bright colours that the classics came in, remember the bright yellow that Capri's come in?
    That was cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I love the orange on the Murciélago, but not on other cars. Looks pants on something average.

Black is really nice when kept clean, shiney and scratchless.

Dislike silver, it's the blandest "colour", I would only get a silver car if I had no other colour choice, at all. Love the current colour on my car, metallic (electric) blue, mmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i have a golf in blue grapphite i like that or also the charcoal colour

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Anything, as long as it's black.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Depends on the car either red or black.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

carbon_black.jpg

Carbon black. There's a hint of blue in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Definitely black, although it's hard to keep clean, especially in this place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

depends on car, silver/black maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Black, hell-rot red, electric blue, BRG are good, silver silver/grey and white suck. As does beige!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭smarty

depends on car, silver/black maybe

My smart roadster is black and silver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

It does depend on the car but darker colours always look more dramatic when they are new or spotless, but its much harder to keep them this way compared to a silver 'ish coloured car.

This colour is called Amythist Violet, looed great new, but despite daily cleaning a layer of dust always formed on it which was a pain,
    DSCF0024.jpg

I replaced it with this colour, which ALWAYS looks spotless, even when it isn't quite,

DSCF0034.jpg

............its Cubanite silver, just a bit different to all the regular silver Mercs you see everywhere !

I love it and my next one will be this colour also !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

My last 2 BMW's were alpine white, nice colour and not a glarey as standard white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

Imperial Blue MmmmmmmAttachment not found.:D :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

These three cars are nearly identical. (The red one is a Shamal, the others are Ghiblis). IMHO the silver looks the most sophisticated whereas the red
    looks meanest. The grey...has the best wheels :D

raduno-03a.jpg
    raduno-07a.jpg
    raduno-06a.jpg

Advertisement