Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford GT in Tallaght

Options
  • 14-03-2006 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Anyone see it in the Indo today?? Anyone with some photos? Id nearly drive up from down south to have a nose at it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

nah didnot hear anything, what was written in the newspaper.did they name someone who has one or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

clipboard012kg.jpg
    clipboard022rx.jpg
    clipboard036qr.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

I only wish it was a bit more than boring silver. the yellow/black or the blue/white or even the white/blue ones look stunning but the silver isnt lary enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭vicbarry

Cheers for that. Did anybody pass it with a camera phone or otherwise?? Savage car!!!!

wow , i might pop in tommorrow to have a look.:D , is the only 1 in ireland if so then they should of had a bid on the car so the ighest bidder would have got it as it would have gone for mad money.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It is the only one in Ireland.
    Purchase was by application to FoMoCo. Fixed price too, subject to vetting.
    Some have since appeared on ebay unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

I heard a rumour - don't know how true, that the GT owner is also the owner of a well known Ford Main Dealer garage in south Dublin?

Again, I only heard the rumour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

That is a beautiful car, and it’s Jeremy Clarkson choice in Top Gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

3rd favourite car. Might pop in to have a look see!

i think it looks smaller in silver for some strange reason.
    I remember thinking that clarksons blue one looked a bit smaller then the yellow GT they had in the studio before it went on sale when they made a big deal about the automatic filler cap were it opend like a space ship hatch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I love the Ford GT, it's my second favourite car. I might have to have a look see over the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

It doesn't have stripes! Usually Silver GTs come with white stripes. Is the showroom open on saturday?
    fordgt06015sc.th.jpg

i noticed that too. ive seen it in silver with dark stripes too (black or dark grey i think it was).

qz and marts whats your favourite car, mine is pagani zonda, or ferrari fxx.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

drdre wrote:

I was in galways main ford dealer on monday, he said there having it in there 3 weeks time. it must be doing the rounds in the countrys dealers first...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Attachment not found.

Just had a look see on my way home

thanks for the pic onkle, i think the guy that owns it must be getting paid for giving it to different dealers to show off.:D

it may have been in the contract that if he was givin the honour of being allowed to buy it he would have to let it be shown off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

It looks amazing in the flesh, I'm going to go in saturday for a proper look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭vicbarry

Onkle51 wrote:
    Attachment not found.

Just had a look see on my way home

Ahhh great pic Onkle. Cheers for that!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

I wonder will Kavanaghs in charleville, Co. Cork Have it for a few days? I no a lad that works in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

drdre wrote:

1. DB9 (I'm 99% sure that this isn't just a car!)
    2. M5 (sentimental reasons)
    3. Ford GT (for the way it looks from the back at speed).

Had a look today, its there.. All i can say is WOW!!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

apparently it is vince power who bought it..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Yeah silver is boring on a car like that !

If its going into a collection I wonder whether it will be registered at all, thus avoiding the €73,000 VRT !

MercMad wrote:
    Yeah silver is boring on a car like that !

If its going into a collection I wonder whether it will be registered at all, thus avoiding the €73,000 VRT !

Actually its a red one thats in galway with a white stripe. some document on window stating that higgins galway is the oldest family ford dealership in ireland so maybe thats why they got the loan of it...its a smasher!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

The one in Galway, is indeed a second GT for Ireland. It was on the quays in Dublin on the back of a transporter - most probably on its way to Galway. Think it is purely for showing off though and not for sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I cycle past Tallaght Ford and see the GT every day. I'm sort of sick of looking at it now!:p

daveym wrote:
    apparently it is vince power who bought it..

who is vince power?

• Advertisement

Max_Damage wrote:
    I cycle past Tallaght Ford and see the GT every day. I'm sort of sick of looking at it now!:p

i thought there was only 1 ford gt in ireland so how can you see itif its in galway

Advertisement