Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE 'NORTH WEST' PHOTO'S/VIDEO's ALBUM ?...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭JMcL

Hi all,

Having seen Paddy's post over on the photography board a while back, I'll make a belated contribution.

Lough Swilly:

View from Buncrana
    View over Inch Island
    Old pier, Fahan
    Sunset at Fahan Marina

Others:

Morning mist
    Boat near Sliabh League

I have more, will post again as soon as I get them sorted out

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

;)
    JMcL wrote:
    Hi all,

Having seen Paddy's post over on the photography board a while back, I'll make a belated contribution.

I have more, will post again as soon as I get them sorted out

John

Thanks John,

A hearty welcome to you.

Beautiful, and much appreciated by me in particular, as someone who has taken photographs for over 45 years, I look forward to seeing the rest of your works of the North-West :D , as they are very important in showing just how magical this neglected region really is ?...

Who knows, but you may well have reminded our Moderator's that a N.W. Photo's & Video's album could be a worthy Sticky ?...;) as it is clearly not controversial, and could only help to promote the North-West in a number of ways IMHO !..anyone else agree with me ?....

P. :cool:

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Some good photos JMcL.

I agree with Paddy, it would be a good idea to sticky this thread. Tourism is very important in the North West.

byte wrote:
    Some good photos JMcL.

I agree with Paddy, it would be a good idea to sticky this thread. Tourism is very important in the North West.

mufffler,

Had already suggested that this thread might become a sticky, depending upon it's popularity The Moderators are more then welcome to remove my name as the thread starter, as I am not on an ego trip and I believe the forum must take precedence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Right guys, I can see and understand your reasons for asking to make this thread a stickey. It is reasonably popular and has attracted a lot of posts and views but bear in mind that it was nearly 4 weeks between posts up till today.

We will monitor it over the next few weeks and if it is still popular then we will consider the use of a drawing pin at that stage.

So keep the posts and the pics coming

• Advertisement
    byte

I'm awaiting a new Olympus digital camera, so won't be posting much until I get my hands on that. Then hopefully, I will be snap-happy over the summer! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

paddy,
    names of OP have nothing to do with sticky's. If the thread gets a bit of use then it will never need to be made a sticky as it will always be in view. But before today, the last usage on this thread was may 12th.

If it get more popular then we will make it a sticky but if people post more pictures then we can stick it.

I thinks thats fair all round

muff_diver wrote:
    I have a picture of Muffler here, posing for a beauty pagent in Letterkenny. What a stunner that guy is!! god i love him!! pity he's taken, i hear he's still seeing Nanook.

Sorry,

Muff_diver,

I cannot understand your reason for posting, apart from the obvious Muff_diver connotations/innuendo !. Thenkfully most of our posters are obviously more mature and respectful of the opposite sex than you, and we protect our Moderators. Enough said.Apart from get yourself some psychological help ?..

P :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You know I could actually see the funny side to that post and pic by muff_diver but as I didn't want to disappoint my army of fans I just got rid of it :D

• Advertisement

emcc

really nice, gotta say sun and water, good combination

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭JMcL

muffler wrote:
    Right guys, I can see and understand your reasons for asking to make this thread a stickey. It is reasonably popular and has attracted a lot of posts and views but bear in mind that it was nearly 4 weeks between posts up till today.

We will monitor it over the next few weeks and if it is still popular then we will consider the use of a drawing pin at that stage.

So keep the posts and the pics coming

I guess one point to consider is "out of sight, out of mind". If the thread drops off page one of the forum the number of potential posters will probably drop dramatically. I dug it up because I'd made a mental note to do so last month to post as soon as I'd sorted my photos somewhat.

John

JMcL wrote:
    I guess one point to consider is "out of sight, out of mind". If the thread drops off page one of the forum the number of potential posters will probably drop dramatically. I dug it up because I'd made a mental note to do so last month to post as soon as I'd sorted my photos somewhat.

John

Spot on JMcL :) .

exactly what we meant originally, out of sight out of mind.

Just a quick obvervation to note, are there only camera's in donegal, is there not even a disposable in sligo going free with some piccies on it.

Just an observation

nanook wrote:

Just a quick obvervation to note, are there only camera's in donegal, is there not even a disposable in sligo going free with some piccies on it.

Just an observation

nanook,

Of course, there are photos of the rest of the North-West, but unless the North-West photos/Videos album thread is not on the front page. then it will vanish.

I started the thread just to see if people wanted to promote the North-West area, as I personally feel that this forum can boost tourism and other beneficial interest, including those wanting a better quality of life, and business location.

A lot of people have taken the time and trouble to post photo's, and a lot of those are not resident in the N.W., and with over 1,000 views of the photo's this must be of benefit to our region, a simple fact which is not an observation.

A photo/video album needs nurturing and time for people to post their photographic contributions.

I sincerely believe it is not a normal type thread. Therefore it should be given the opportunity to bloom over the years.

Who knows what photo treasures will appear provided it is kept on the front page, and the only way for it to realise it's full potential is to keep it ' Up front ' as a sticky.

Where would the 'Name Check' thread be !..if it had not been made a sticky ?..;)

'

Paddy

I hear your plight but lets see how it goes,

PM Sent

nanook wrote:
    Paddy

I hear your plight but lets see how it goes,

PM Sent

nanook,

No PM received at my end, maybe you could re-send it. Thanks :) .

byte

Some nice photo's emcc.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭bettlebrox

We can just keep the thread active!

Here's a great pic someone took at Mullinasole (near Laghey):

http://flickr.com/photos/cliff2val/111602034/

Edit:

And the Donegal Mini Club (the car not the skirt):
    http://flickr.com/photos/brianmcdaid/83908029/

BTW, these pics were not taken by me (don't want ye all to think I'm trying to take credit for them).

• Advertisement

beetle

fantastic picture

byte

Nice pic of Mullinasole there! Noticed a good picture in your profile of Back Strands (aka Murvagh Beach) too.

Have you any of the beach at Inisfad? Tis rather small beach, but is rocky, which may look good in sunset. Hmm, next day I'm down home again, I'll have to take a trip out to Inisfad and take a few snaps with my new camera! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭bettlebrox

byte wrote:
    Nice pic of Mullinasole there! Noticed a good picture in your profile of Back Strands (aka Murvagh Beach) too.
    I think this is the pics your talking about?
    http://flickr.com/photos/timony/164063031/in/pool-donegal/
    Thanks for the complement. :D
    byte wrote:
    Have you any of the beach at Inisfad? Tis rather small beach, but is rocky, which may look good in sunset. Hmm, next day I'm down home again, I'll have to take a trip out to Inisfad and take a few snaps with my new camera! :)
    Sorry no pics of Inishfad. :( You'll just have to go get some for us all to see. ;)

byte

Yup, that's the pic!

Aye, I'll have to take a spin out to Inishfad some day soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭emcc

nanook wrote:

Just an observation

All of mine are from Sligo :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

More Inishowen! Yay! ;)

http://damoeldiablo.deviantart.com/gallery/

Look through the gallery for some pics from my beloved home town :)

Photo by me, steal it and I come after your legs! ;)
    Feel free to use it for anything ya want so long as:

1) You let me know and
    2) You leave my name attached to it the way it is.

More Inishowen! Yay! ;)

http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs8/i/2005/342/4/b/Sunset_over_water_1_wallpaper_by_damoeldiablo.jpg

My beloved home town :)

Photo by me, steal it and I come after your legs! ;)
    Feel free to use it for anything ya want so long as:

1) You let me know and
    2) You leave my name attached to it the way it is.

aww man, im 'forbidden' from entering that pic....really wanted ta see it!! wat part inishowen??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just moved to Dublin to a new job! :D

• Advertisement

I'm from Moville. Just moved to Dublin to a new job! :D

nice one, good luck wit that?!:D

Advertisement