Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train - Cork - Dublin Child Prices - URGENTLY REQUIRED

Options
  • 22-06-2006 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

Hey,

What is the price for a return ticket from cork to dublin for a 15 year old.

URGENTLY REQUIRED

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I was going to point you to the Irish Rail website, but I don't see any prices there. I've registered a complaint, I'd suggest other people do too.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

ring kent station on 021-4506766

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

DJ Hafez - note that there are very different prices between a 1 day return, a 5 day return, and a 30 day return ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Ken Shabby wrote:
    I was going to point you to the Irish Rail website, but I don't see any prices there. I've registered a complaint, I'd suggest other people do too.

adam

A bit hidden away but there are fares on the website.

http://www.iarnrodeireann.ie/your_ticket/fares_enquiries.asp

Alternatively if you put the trip into the reservation section it will give the price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Bizarre. I was on irishrail.ie, which seems to be a completely different website. In fact, if you click on certain buttons on iarnrodeireann.ie, you get taken over there. Freaks.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

€54.50 for an Adult Single from Cork to Dublin. Mental - its only €42.50 for a return ticket from Mallow to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

what I think is really unfair is that a children's ticket is for age under 16.
    then there is a ticket for students..
    What about a 17/18 year old in Leaving Cert. who doesn't have a student ID?? Surely it's not fair to expect them to pay an adult fare? I know most of them probably have to go "under 16" but that shouldn't have to be the case

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Today the guy on the train checking our tickets didn't believe we were under 16 and tried writing VOID on the ticket although i stopped him saying we showed our passports at the office when buying - which we did. The rail service is way too expensive to be honest, return flight with ryanair can be gotton for 43yoyos with a 3 or so euro return bus journey from the airport. Would much rather that than have to to deal with Iarnród Éireann again (even though I am getting a free ticket as the train broke down on the way down :P )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭probe

Illkillya wrote:
    €54.50 for an Adult Single from Cork to Dublin. Mental - its only €42.50 for a return ticket from Mallow to Dublin.

Nice to Marseille (similar distance)
    SNCF fares:
    2cl €29.10
    1cl €42.50

In 1cl, in the "new*" SNCF Teoz trains, they have beige soft leather seats (as luxurious as a Merc S-500) with cushion headrests, beige carpets and matching interior, and a power point for your PC, charging your mobile phone, or whatever. Lots of leg room. Open carriages and private rooms. When reserving you can ask for window, aisle or solo seats (for privacy) and you can specify if you want to be facing the direction of travel of the train.

And of course the trains are electric which means low noise, incredible acceleration as they leave station (compared with Irish Rail diesel - reducing journey times) and almost zero pollution (in France where electricity is 90% greenhouse gas free).

Luas makes a profit
    French TGV trains make a profit
    These new Teoz trains will make a profit

because they give a high quality travel experience and they offer a more comfortable solution than the private car.

probe

*Teoz are designer re-cycled 20+ year old Corail trains.

www.voyage-sncf.com
    Attachment not found.moi_teoz.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sputtering

E20 (sorry I have no euro sign on this stupid computer)
    Its a bargain and I've been going "child" fare for a good few years now even though I'm in college but its twice that for student and 3 times that for adult

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

they have shiney new trains now

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Cork_girl wrote:
    what I think is really unfair is that a children's ticket is for age under 16. then there is a ticket for students.. What about a 17/18 year old in Leaving Cert. who doesn't have a student ID?? Surely it's not fair to expect them to pay an adult fare? I know most of them probably have to go "under 16" but that shouldn't have to be the case
    There is an ID scheme for 16-18 year olds.

http://www.studenttravelcard.ie/

Advertisement