Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your bike!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Could you post a screenie of the co-ords Crusty, don't think google has made a Linux Version of Google Earth yet so the link no workie...

/Sits and waits for someone to point to glaringly obvious link to GE linux version...
    Here you go:
    35°31'30.09"N 83°59'37.64"W

or here's the GoogleMaps link.

...and just to be really annoying, here's a link to the glaringly obvious link to the GE Linux version :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Tomohawk wrote:
    Madrab, I've only driven the "savage" a few time since buying it in may. Yep it has a tendency to get very hot after 20 minutes. I haven't really gone into the engine and carb yet and started jetting it to help with this issue. Been to busy with other things...:(
    i have worked on one before & it seems to be a design fault with the over heating, & it seems to be a common occurance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Garibaldi

Here you go:
    35°31'30.09"N 83°59'37.64"W

or here's the GoogleMaps link.

Hey hey! I just realised that's a stone's throw from where I spent Christmas. I was staying down by Lake Chickamauga at the time. I could see the Smoky Mountains from there, at least. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

That video of the road is mad, pity the rider never really nails it at any point, nice and steady all the way. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭saobh_ie

That video of the road is mad, pity the rider never really nails it at any point, nice and steady all the way. :(

Apparently its quite notorious for having car drivers straight lining the corners so keeping something (a whole lot) in reserve would be a must. Also if a truck comes along they physically can't get around the corners without using the entire road.

It's also full of nutters on bikes. =]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Been a while alright. I've added a lightbar and highway pegs since the last upload (it's an xv750 in case anyone is wondering)...

xv750rt6.jpg

xv750iev8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Feargal

Its small, but fun! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

BigCon wrote:
    Been a while alright. I've added a lightbar and highway pegs since the last upload (it's an xv750 in case anyone is wondering)...

Con, I have to say the spots and under hanging indacaters look great. Although, the pegs look upside down. With rubber on the bottem. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

sutty wrote:
    Con, I have to say the spots and under hanging indacaters look great. Although, the pegs look upside down. With rubber on the bottem. :confused:

The pegs have rubber on both sides for some reason. Handy when the top side gets worn I suppose...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

PICT0451.jpg
    This is my other bike, a Vespa PX200 "cutdown" that's been waiting to be ridden all summer long. I finally got round to cleaning out and renewing the back hub brake today as the bike has been in the garage since easter. :rolleyes: Special bits include a Yankee saddle, T5 front mudguard, T5 drinks tray, custom rear brakelight and custom bullet indicators. As I fix bikes all day, the last thing I sometimes wanna do in my spare time is fix my own bikes...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭tk123

my lil marauder - Moe after a long overdue polish. I've got 2 stickers on it in memory of my last bike - a yellow VanVan named homer. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

13 yr old CB500. I love it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

Here`s my baby.....

Attachment not found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

KildareMan wrote:
    13 yr old CB500. I love it. :)

Very nice and very clean for an Irish bike. You can tell its well looked after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭pbergin

Here is my pride and joy,
    which also happens to be for sale!!
    falco2.JPG
    falco.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭saobh_ie

Collecting this tomorrow or wednesday. =]

CL_122744.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

img_3672__small__134.jpg

Here's my 916, 50mm Termignoni Exhausts, Ohlins Steering Damper, Gold Open Clutch Cover, Red Clutch Pressure Plate, Race ECU, High Lift Cams, Datatool Veto Alarm. 9k Miles on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,411 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

ned78 wrote:
    Here's my 916
    sweeeet
    9k Miles on it!
    you need to get out more :)

Scrap the cap!

Cheeky pup! I've only put 1k on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

my SV is dog ugly but it's so nice to drive. As a result I'm not posting a picture of the mutt online. Best thing about riding the bike is I don't have to look at it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

my SV is dog ugly but it's so nice to drive. As a result I'm not posting a picture of the mutt online. Best thing about riding the bike is I don't have to look at it. :)

New SV or old SV? I removed the snow plough numberplate holder from mine (K6N) and replaced with a little beauty.

However, the downside is now the stock exhaust looks massive on it so me thinks another one is in order.

Ned78, that is a beautiful Ducati... can't say much more than that (without hearing it :) )!

L.

It's a k2. I hate the rotund fairings on it and need to upgrade the forks to stop her diving under heavy braking. It also needs a wash as I use it everyday. It has a scorpion exhaust that burbles nicely at idle. The newer fairings look a bit better on the K4-6. Next bike i get will hopefully be something like the TL1000. I've fallen for the V-twins after a few inline fours.

The ducati is nice. Wouldn't mind getting one for the weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Garibaldi

@Pigeon: I had a TL1000R for a few months. Damn thing nearly killed me so many times that I had to get rid of it. It's got absolutely monstrous power, but handles like a drunk whale. Just thought I'd let you know. :)

I hear that a steering dampner helps a bit. Seemingly it's a bike that you never forget riding.

The TL is affectionately known as the Widow Maker. I drove a mates one and handed the keys back very quickly. Loads of power, but a wibbly wobbly chassis that just wants to buck, and snatchy power delivery from the V-Twin's injectors made for a horrible ride. In fairness, I've only ridden one, the rest could be a little better.

I'd go with an Aprilia Falco, better looks, still a V-Twin! Or a Ducati!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Here's mine, it's the non-gay version of Krusty's:D :D
    The Doktor: the old pan was way better:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

Paparazzo wrote:
    The Doktor: the old pan was way better:p

Maybe.. but watch out for flames on the oul shaft of that beemer...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭BaldiePablo

This is her ... lots of bells etc. She has a USB Pwr Cmndr and quickshifter tucked away too .... She loves the Strawberry Beds and the M1 (she also likes reading and fishing at the weekends)

gsxrk3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

This is her ... lots of bells etc. She has a USB Pwr Cmndr and quickshifter tucked away too .... She loves the Strawberry Beds and the M1 (she also likes reading and fishing at the weekends)

Hehe.. Matt? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Paparazzo wrote:
    Here's mine, it's the non-gay version of Krusty's:D :D
    C'mon, really?? With those big shiny shopping bags hanging off the back of it?
    And the matching silver hand-cuffs at the front? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement