Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a bit of cat fun, add pics

Options
  • 05-09-2006 2:46am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

got any good funny pics of your cat! please share them....
    My cat vanished while I was computing last week. I could hear her snoring but couldn't find her, look where she was :D:D:D

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

a tribute to all those pets who are not neglected!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Brilliant. :) Our one likes the sleep in the bread basket thing on the kitchen table, must root out the pictures again. Of course we come home and find her on the table with the 'I can do no wrong' expression on her face.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

oh yes and she's soooooooo vain:D :D:D

Attachment not found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

The new kid....
    Behold the amazing Typo, trying to decide if that cat in the lens of my bf's camera is looking at her a bit weird. :rolleyes:
    Managed somhow to tear her away from her current obsession with the blinds for a rare photo op.

B

(NB Guys 'n' Gals, pics of yer own animals ONLY, no "funny animal" net pics. Anyone posting such will recieve a one week ban as stated in the sticky).

Found the one of our Milse, she is a bit bigger now. This was a few months ago. :)

Aww, purty cat ;0)

I think torties are taking over the world!

B

• Advertisement

Another "what is it, cant you see im busy?" pic of our girl.

B

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

I heard male torties are very rare, and almost always sterile.. there you go - fact for the day !.. anyway, here are the twins (looking for a good home at the mo! brothers and are about 4 months old, they are fully vaccinated and house trained.They are best mates and fairly inseparable so they would
    need to be homed together.), and our 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Gordon Gekko

lphchild wrote:
    anyway, here are the twins (looking for a good home at the mo! brothers and are about 4 months old, they are fully vaccinated and house trained.They are best mates and fairly inseparable so they would
    need to be homed together.), and our 2...

I take it mummy and daddy are now neutered/spayed to prevent any further accidents? :D:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

I can see the confusion! Nah we're just fostering the twins they're what's left from a litter of 5 we rescued... the 2 others are neutered males! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Gordon Gekko

lphchild wrote:
    I can see the confusion! Nah we're just fostering the twins they're what's left from a litter of 5 we rescued... the 2 others are neutered males! ;)

Fair play so! Apologies if it looked like I jumped the gun! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

as obvious cat lovers i thought ye might appreciate this.

HOW DOGS CAME TO BE:
    Where do pets come from?

A newly discovered chapter in the Book of Genesis has provided the answer to "Where do pets come from?"

Adam and Eve said, "Lord, when we were in the garden, you walked with us every day. Now we do not see you any more. We are lonesome here, and it is difficult for us to remember how much you love us."

And God said, I will create a companion for you that will be with you and who will be a reflection of my love for you, so that you will love me even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish or childish or unlovable you may be, this new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of yourselves."

And God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam and Eve.

And it was a good animal.

And God was pleased.
    And the new animal was pleased to be with Adam and Eve and he wagged his tail.

And Adam said, "Lord, I have already named all the animals in the Kingdom and I cannot think of a name for this new animal."

And God said, " I have created this new animal to be a reflection of my love for you, his name will be a reflection of my own name, and you will call him
    DOG."

And Dog lived with Adam and Eve and was a companion to them and loved them.
    And they were comforted.
    And God was pleased.
    And Dog was content and wagged his tail.

After a while, it came to pass that an angel came to the Lord and said, "Lord, Adam and Eve have become filled with pride. They strut and preen like peacocks and they believe they are worthy of adoration. Dog has indeed taught them that they are loved, but perhaps too well."

And God said, I will create for them a companion who will be with them and who will see them as they are. The companion will remind them of their limitations, so they will know that they are not always worthy of adoration."

And God created CAT to be a companion to Adam and Eve.

And Cat would not obey them. And when Adam and Eve gazed into Cat's eyes, they were reminded that they were not the supreme beings.

And Adam and Eve learned humility.

And they were greatly improved.

And God was pleased.
    And Dog was happy.

And Cat didn't give a damn one way or the other.

this is brilliant:p love milse in the bread basket:D and the twins:D :D gorgeous photos and what a chuckle you gave me greglo23.....

please keep it up it's great to see well looked after pets!!!

artieanna;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

My Figgis, hunter extraordinaire, and uber friendly cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Suki, 18 years young.
    DSC_0053.jpg

well done cotton, 18 and she looks brilliant:eek: ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Suki looks really great for her age. Hope you have many more years together.

cotton wrote:
    Suki, 18 years young.
    DSC_0053.jpg

Wow, she looks so young!
    Whatever you're doing, its obviously working!! :)

Beauty

B

Suki looks great, tell us your secret, cotton. :)

Cutting a very long story short........
    We got her in the middle of the country during winter. She was very old, very sick & pregnant.
    She was skin & bone, had frostbite & barely made it.
    She just got a warm bed, ours!, lots of food & tons of tlc.
    She doesn't get treated any different than the others, well, not much! :rolleyes: Shares the house with 7 other cats & 4 dogs. Her best friend is a doberman cross.
    She gets her teeth cleaned on a regular basis as does my 12 year old ginger tabby. That to me is the most important thing in an older cat, it can literally save their lives.

pud33.jpg

Sorry for hijacking this thread!

Suki's son & daughter, Milo & Maisie who still sleep with her every night.
    crazie.jpg
    milo-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Are you genetically engineering cute cats in a secret factory ?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Well done cotton, Suki looks fab for her age! Really nice pics too, are you into photography?

Here's my newest addition, Kipling. Very bad photo but I'll add some better ones later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

mehkittensbm6.jpg

My kittens from a few years back.

churchyvc3.jpg

Churchy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭mjffey

Cotton,

She looks really very good for her age.
    Our oldest cat Mimi died two weeks ago. We were very happy that she did it all her self. She got two strokes within two days. She was 24 years old. It's quiet now, because she used to talk constantly and walk in front of your feet.

But, that doesn't mean that we are Catless. We still have 10 cats: Coco, Mico, Isse, Thorin, Squidget, Wooster, Dixie, Mause, Bailey and Tripple.

Here is a pic of our two Norwegian Forestcats Magigard Thorin Aragorn and Magigard Isselin Dagrun, or in daily life, Thorin and Isse

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f12/mjffey/05-30IsseThorin.jpg

Sorry to hear about Mimi. 24 is an amazing age. I don't think I've ever heard of a cat that old before.

A white Norwegian Forest cat to me is the ultimate dream. Divine is not the word for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭mjffey

24 is indeed a very old age, even for a cat. My parents had cats that were 20 and 21, but Mimi got a record age. Our vet was wondering if it was a world record age :D:D
    She looked a lot younger. Everybody always thought that she was a kitten because she was soo tiny.

The oldest cat now is Squidget with 14, left behind by her owners who went to the UK and brought her here for boarding together with her daughter and son. We adopted all three of them, but unfortunately we had to put her daughter to sleep very soon afterwords and Spud died a month ago. He had troat cancer. He was only 13.

After Squidget comes CoCo 9, son Mico 8, Isse and Thorin 6, Dixie and Wooster 3, Mause and Bailey 2 and since three weeks we have 9 weeks old Tripple, a rescue kitten from an SPCA.

About white cats.... They never ever stay white all the time. Sometimes we think that Isse rather wants to be black like her brother Thorin. She can be soooooooo dirty.:p

Some more of my little cat. They're dodgy camera phone pictures, but it's the best I can do for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

This is my little kitty cat! I love him to bits. Just check out his crazy poses!!! :p

Acozybox.jpg

MyCatLikesToSleep.jpg

myGatito.jpg

puddycat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

Aaaaw Bounty Hunter your cat is ADOYABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Isn't he! He's a big eejit. Yours doesn't look much more sensible though :p How cute.

Advertisement