Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Old Hi Fi Amp

• 08-09-2006 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

I am in the process, and have been for far too long, of building a Hi Fi Amp.

One of the things I am still in need of is a case. And a few connectors.

Does anyone know of someone, possibly a hifi repair place. Who would give me a case from a broken Amp? I am living in Dublin, but am often in Galway. So places near these two would be good.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

You are going to the trouble of building your own amp, and you want to use some old broken enclosure? Have a look at these home made ones......
    Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

But you can also get plastic enclosures in the likes of maplin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Sorry for being nosey but are you making it from discreet components or from I.Cs, is it just a power amplifier or will it include all the input stages and tone controls ? Is it your own design or from a kit/magazine ?

I think something self designed and unique might suit your project better.

ZEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

I was looking at getting an old enclose mainly to rob the connectors from it. Phono in and binding posts for the speakers. Possibly volume control.

The idea was to put it in the old enclosure to test everything. Then build a proper enclosure after that.

The pics shown are indeed cool.

The amp i am building is this one. The plan is just for a power amp. Once i have that built and working i will prob start on a pre-amp.

Advertisement