Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech supplier

Options
  • 09-09-2006 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

anyone know where I can buy an Aritech CS350 & kepypad with sensors, etc?

I've tried my 2 local suppliers (TO'Reilly, Newbridge & Kellihers, Tougher Business Pk) and they both don't do Aritech anymore, just HKC, but I'd rather stick to what I know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

try gardiner security ballymount: my invoice is dated dec 2001!!:)

01 450 1366

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

IGT in Lucan should have them, I got a load of them a while back.
    igt.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Jnealon wrote:
    igt.ie
    Thanks, any idea where in Lucan they are? I'm only up the road in Leixlip at work

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Lex,
    I'm nearly sure MEW in Leixlip do Aritech syatems. There up by Intel in the small business park there at the side of Lidl.

zep wrote:
    Lex,
    I'm nearly sure MEW in Leixlip do Aritech syatems. There up by Intel in the small business park there at the side of Lidl.
    Ya, I know the place, I'm in Intel all this week and have bought a few small things from him myself. He'll be my last choice as he's a complete to$$er and I'd rather not give him the business

• Advertisement

They are in Hills industrial estate which is on the right before CPI Chadwicks, around 100 mtrs past the lights
    Ring before you go down to confirm they have some

Jnealon wrote:
    igt.ie
    Thanks, just picked the stuff up now

one question about PIR's...I've never wired one in before...do they need 2 wires or 4? Looking inside the PIR its got 6 terminal (12V supply, pair for alarm, pair for tamper). I'm guessing 4

just told it was 4....leaves me with a bit of a problem as the house was only pre-wired with cable with 4 cores. I was planning on trying to make the PIR a separate zone, but now it looks like I'll have to incorporate it into one of the window zones. I'll have to use the 2nd pair of wires (blue/yellow) as the 12V supply to the PIR, include the PIR in the window zone and install a switch across the PIR so that at night I can disable it while being able to arm the windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭jabaroon

Depending on how many windows, PIR's and your desire to run some new alarm cable, you could buy a zone expander for the CS350 to give you an additional 8 zones. You could then wire them separatley.

Alternatively, you could buy a wireless zone expander (I think the 350 can take one, the 250 defo can) and then make all of the PIR's wireless!

I really dont think I would recomend having a switch on the PIR to enable/disable it for part-guard. Really, really woundn't!

Jab

• Advertisement

jabaroon wrote:
    Depending on how many windows, PIR's and your desire to run some new alarm cable, you could buy a zone expander for the CS350 to give you an additional 8 zones. You could then wire them separatley.

Alternatively, you could buy a wireless zone expander (I think the 350 can take one, the 250 defo can) and then make all of the PIR's wireless!

I really dont think I would recomend having a switch on the PIR to enable/disable it for part-guard. Really, really woundn't!

Jab
    I don't want to run any cables inside as its a log cabin and it will look $hite. I had enquired on here about wireless PIR's and they seemed to be costing a few hundred euros just for one.

You can wire up a contact/shock and pir with 4 core and still have them on seperate zones without loosing out on tampers. The 12v negative terminal is a common terminal shared with every other common terminal on the panel. The proof being if you put one lead of your meter on the 12 v + and place the other lead on one of the alarm inputs you will get 12v on your meter. Using this along with dual eol will solve your problem. It would be easier to explain in a drawing

The cs350 is a 6 zone panel and can't be expanded

Jnealon wrote:
    You can wire up a contact/shock and pir with 4 core and still have them on seperate zones without loosing out on tampers. The 12v negative terminal is a common terminal shared with every other common terminal on the panel. The proof being if you put one lead of your meter on the 12 v + and place the other lead on one of the alarm inputs you will get 12v on your meter. Using this along with dual eol will solve your problem. It would be easier to explain in a drawing

The cs350 is a 6 zone panel and can't be expanded
    This could be the way to go....I'm not sure if I fully follow what you are trying to explain....I'll dig out the CS350 manual later and see if there are any worked examples of it showing this set up. Otherwise, if you get a chance and could sketch me up a quick drawing, I'd appreciate it.

Or else, try to explain it to me in laymans terms...

I'll be using the red & black for the window zones. Blue & yellow wires are free to be used. Then I was going to take a 4 core cable and run it from the last window zone in the bathroom along the wall up high and to the PIR in the hall. What next?

Thanks,

It goes something like this. You will need to use your meter to find the common.

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Jnealon wrote:
    It goes something like this. You will need to use your meter to find the common.

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.
    Thanks....I've located the commons with the meter. What is the reasoning behind the 2 different configurations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 jamesbond

get a cs 250 its same as 350 more or less

Advertisement