Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Can anyone recommend a good site to get some protein and omega sups that has cheap enough delivery online. I live in South korea so I really need international shipping to be cheap enough. Only one I can think of that I've tried is bodybuilding.com but I think I remember being caned on the shipping. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Chubbcakes

Can anyone tell me where is best to buy casein powder. Thanks!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

www.myprotein.co.uk It's good for bulk powders. www.irish-lifting.com is a great website, although I'm not too sure about casein.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DARCHA22

Oisinjm wrote: »
    Know someone who can get it ordered in. I just heard its a bit ropey but I know people who swear by it.

anyone got any opinions?

Order it from the UK, any uk website that sells it will ship to ireland.

Easy as that.

You wont have a problem at all.

Oisinjm wrote: »
    I know its banned. I know someone who can get it. But I was only tempted to get it. Not gonna bother

Order it from UK site, will be delivered in 2-3 days.

• Advertisement

Chubbcakes wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where is best to buy casein powder. Thanks!:)

try here: (USE 'MPI62929' to get 5% off your first order)

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/formulas/mp-formulas/bedtime-extreme-(1800g)/

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/bulk-powders/protein-powders/calcium-caseinate/

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/bulk-supplies/flavoured-protein/milk-protein-smooth-(flavoured)/

I dont think you will get a better price on any supplements any where else

tony12345 wrote: »
    Hi, Bought MP's Assualt have read great reviews on BB.com thats why i went for it, took 2 weeks to get it in though.

Have bought it from the states does anyone know of anywhere in Ireland where this can be bought??

Attachment not found.

http://www.nutrasport.ie/index.php/muscle-pharm/

FOUND THIS. But i would recommend looking into My protein stuff for a cheaper alternative (MP162929 FOR 5% OFF)

Found this by accident actually haha

Esse85 wrote: »
    True Whey from MP is awesome tastewise too.

Did you get a good deal on the ON whey? Its one brand I've never tried because its a very expensive brand.

Tried True whey, ON whey, Reflex whey, Maximuscle ****e, body fortress, nutrisport 90+, nutrisport whey isolate.(a few others but they are the main ones)

Reflex was the best by a mile until i tried true whey from MP.

Cant see the justification of ON whey prices, compare to other brands, True Whey and Reflex whey and cn see a diffrence in quality.

The most expensive isnt always the best in my opinion.

True whey is the lowest in fat content also, saturated fat that is.

Gonna go for Hurrican Evo From MYPROTEIN next, along with true whey raspberry ripple flavour.

Anyone had the Evo yet???, its basically a better priced cyclone and seemingly tastes great.

haha, thread hogger.

BANNED FOR USE OF EXCESSIVE KNOWLEDGE! :p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

DARCHA22 wrote: »

Gonna go for Hurrican Evo From MYPROTEIN next, along with true whey raspberry ripple flavour.

Anyone had the Evo yet???, its basically a better priced cyclone and seemingly tastes great.

Yep, using it at the minute. Its very good. And mixes really well.

• Advertisement

Yep, using it at the minute. Its very good. And mixes really well.

Cool. Have you used cyclone previously?

Just be good to see how the two compare.

Its gonna be in my next order defo!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Esse85 wrote: »
    I ordered 4 tubs of this last friday http://www.stcnutrition.co.uk/products.html I havent read any bad reviews about it. 4 x 2.25kg tubs of whey for £90 delivered is as good if not better than myprotein.

I'll report back when it gets delivered.
    These are absolutely UNREAL. By far the nicest tasting shakes I've ever tried. I cant believe Im actually drinking a protein shake while consuming one. I've got chocolate, strawberry, toffee and banana.
    I'll never go back to drinking any bland crap ever again, its like drinking a dessert.

Their on level terms with myprotein/reflex in terms of quality but taste and pricewise their in a league of their own. Seriously guys, Im in heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Esse85 wrote:
    These are absolutely UNREAL. By far the nicest tasting shakes I've ever tried. I cant believe Im actually drinking a protein shake while consuming one. I've got chocolate, strawberry, toffee and banana.
    I'll never go back to drinking any bland crap ever again, its like drinking a dessert.

How much was shipping to Ireland? Am intrigued. 2.25kg of whey isolate for 23.50 is crazy cheap!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

columok wrote: »
    How much was shipping to Ireland? Am intrigued. 2.25kg of whey isolate for 23.50 is crazy cheap!!!
    They will do 4 or more tubs for £10

I got 4 tubs delivered for £90.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭mr roper

just wondering, just starting taking creatine capsuals should i still be takeing protein shakes.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭legend365

Why have you started taking creatine?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭mr roper

legend365 wrote: »
    Why have you started taking creatine?
    to try and help with recovery and strenth gains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭alfy101

up your water and contine the ahkes. unless the shakne have creatine in them ? just make sure to take in more water

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭COH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

columok wrote: »

I think the isolate only comes in 1.5kg tubs - still a good price mind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

DARCHA22 wrote: »
    Cool. Have you used cyclone previously?

Just be good to see how the two compare.

Its gonna be in my next order defo!

I find the MP Creatastorm good too.

I find the MP Creatastorm good too.

yeh i was looking at that, it will be something i might have once i get rid of a few extra pounds around my belly. but looks a decent product

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 De_La_Jim

hey,im 6 ft 3,17 stone 3 pounds,ive basically been hitting the gym recentley to try and get my self in shape,the 3 main factors of the gym i use are the rowing machine and weights machine and i jog on a treadmill,i roughly do an hour of this,ive been putting muscle on slowly but surely but i find im not really losing any weight which was my true goal for the gym,however i also want to put muscle on due to the rugby season preety much finished and want to start early so im fit for the new season,ive been considering going on some kind of supplement,i was just looking for any suggestions please,i want to aid the growth of my muscle without putting on extra weight,any ideas???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

theres a supplement thread up the top man.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Hi guys, has anyone use XXX by nutrition x if so how did you find it. Also would it be similar to that of maximuscle cyclone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I think the isolate only comes in 1.5kg tubs - still a good price mind!

true, but afaik it works out the same or cheaper than myprotein, although myprotein have a bulk discount as well, so it can be about the same depending on the order. Will probably go with this stc crowd next time, their glutamine iirc is a lot cheaper than myprotein which is sweet, that stuff is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭djan

Hey guys,

I usually do a HEAVY workout about 3 times a week after which I take the shake ( Scyntha 6) Chocolate Flavour is delicious :D. The thing is should I take it on the days when i dont do a full workout? Like I would do sit ups and dumbell weights every day + a bit of cardio. If I should take the shake should it be in the morning or later in the day?
    Also would it be good to take it after heavy cardio like a 10-15Km jog?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Hypertrophy

djan wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I usually do a HEAVY workout about 3 times a week after which I take the shake ( Scyntha 6) Chocolate Flavour is delicious :D. The thing is should I take it on the days when i dont do a full workout? Like I would do sit ups and dumbell weights every day + a bit of cardio. If I should take the shake should it be in the morning or later in the day?
    Also would it be good to take it after heavy cardio like a 10-15Km jog?

Thanks.

Take it after every workout and any time you can't get the protein you need via chicken,steak,tuna or whatever. For me protein intake needs to reach 200g everyday whether its workout day or not because the muscles are in a constant state of repair and build.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭djan

Take it after every workout and any time you can't get the protein you need via chicken,steak,tuna or whatever. For me protein intake needs to reach 200g everyday whether its workout day or not because the muscles are in a constant state of repair and build.

Ok and when is the best time to take it? In the morning?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭barbiedollz

any 1 know where in dublin you can buy body fortress whey protein and which shop is cheapest

Advertisement