Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play.com questions

Options
  • 29-09-2006 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Sorry I dunno if this is the right forum for this or not...

anyways I finally managed to get a credit card and wanted to order a couple of games from play.com.

specifically i tried buying Sukodin V and another RPG for the PS2. But when I went to check out it told me that those games can only be delivered to a UK address? WTF? is this new or has this always been the case with PS2 games?

Does this mean I have to stick to game for all my purchases :(

ANyone know of any other alternates that deliver to Ireland and are cheaper than game? (+reliable ofc)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Cdwow.ie might be your best bet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

First i heard of this. It might have somethingn to do with play.com not accepting orders in sterling for customers outside the UK.

If you can play NTSC games then try www.playasia.com or www.videogamesplus.ca

Otherwise try www.cdwow.ie who are cheap but don't have as good a selection or amazon.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

if you buy from play.com in gbp you need a uk addy but i was looking today and the games on play.com that where 63.99 euro a day or so ago are now 59.99 euro .

shop around on cd-wow and such but play are still good value but we now have to order in euros .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I thought the shipping to UK addresses only applied to gadgets and electronics, I guess not. CD WOW is pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Ruu wrote:
    I thought the shipping to UK addresses only applied to gadgets and electronics, I guess not. CD WOW is pretty good.

not anymore , i bought a book and i had to change it to euros before i could check out. there is a topic on it in biz .

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054992441

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

EDIT: People have already answered, I'm just repeating what they've said. Bit slow today

There's a thread about it here:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=52129958

They've also readjusted their euro prices to better reflect the sterling prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

ya that worked for me.

thanks for the infos and sorry for the newbness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

www.sendit.com is quite cheap too but the selection isnt huge for games :(

Advertisement