Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Scottish PL discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

eirebhoys wrote:
    Right mate but this is only outlet here .Why should he talk about Tims talk, start his own thread about a great result last night for scotish futbul. 0-3:eek:
    the Discussions on this thread have become more than just about Celtic, and it's been quite civil up until very recently this evening.
    No need for other threads as long as people can remain civil.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Blackjack wrote:
    the Discussions on this thread have become more than just about Celtic, and it's been quite civil up until very recently this evening.
    No need for other threads as long as people can remain civil.

Yeah, look, we even have a Hibee and it's remained civil! :D:D That MUST be a record!:D :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

eirebhoy wrote:
    Naka took the cross down with his sexual first touch

:D:D:D LOL :D:D:D

Wish we had more smilies like on KDS here. I'd use the "blue oyster" smilie for that comment! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

lol cheers guys, good to know that us nasty bigoted old firm fans arent as bad as the press would have us believe.
    As for a civil hibs fan....aye ok blackjack is awrite i suppose ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TwistsAndTurns

Eirebear wrote:
    Yawn......

Seriously dude, along with ADIG, PaulMON,Eirebhoy,Ziggy, Redspider and a couple of others im probably here more often than anyone else....why, because we get a bit of a laugh and believe it or not, Rangers fans and Celtic fans can actually talk sensibly about football together...maybe when you grow up you might realise that
    Seriously dude, along with ADIG, PaulMON,Eirebhoy,Ziggy, Redspider and a couple of others im probably here more often than anyone else..

Yawn...... This is not fun boy If u had balls u would not even come here for talk unless ur under cloak:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

PauloMN wrote:
    :D:D:D LOL :D:D:D

Wish we had more smilies like on KDS here. I'd use the "blue oyster" smilie for that comment! :D
    He's the only man in the world that has me questioning my sexuality. :D Class supreme.

eirebhoys wrote:
    Yawn...... This is not fun boy If u had balls u would not even come here for talk unless ur under cloak:eek:
    what? can you give me that back in english please kind sir?

Wow...so good he quoted me twice!:D

He man enjoy what ye did last night. (great 4 sootish fusball)
    Discuss it ur self,s and wait 4 the 300 page thread:p

eirebhoys wrote:
    He man enjoy what ye did last night. (great 4 sootish fusball)
    Discuss it ur self,s and wait 4 the 300 page thread:p

Aww dude, are you worried that we might realise that underneath the keyboard hardman veneer that your actually a really nice wee boy?
    As for the poorly disguised hun comments....try a little harder...

Eirebear wrote:
    lol cheers guys, good to know that us nasty bigoted old firm fans arent as bad as the press would have us believe.
    As for a civil hibs fan....aye ok blackjack is awrite i suppose ;)

:eek: :D

• Advertisement

Eirebear wrote:
    Aww dude, are you worried that we might realise that underneath the keyboard hardman veneer that your actually a really nice wee boy?
    As for the poorly disguised hun comments....try a little harder...

Say what u ar man there,s no reall shame and I know ur one

eirebhoys wrote:
    Say what u ar man there,s no reall shame and I know ur one
    Wow is this gonna turn into a "takes one to know one" "yeah but what am i" debate?
    If so ill switch off now thankyou very much.

PS apologies guys for this but im fed up with this kind of thing.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

Anyone know what the protocol is dealing with the fallout from the eejit fan incident? Will Milan lodge an appeal, and try and get Celtic done. A hefty fine for Celtic, and possiblity of our last two games been played behind closed doors could be on the table? A points deduction is that a possibility?

I guess we just have to wait and see what the powers will do. In light of Didas outrageous feigning of injury, and it has to be said taking the game into disrepute I'm not sure if it would be wise for Milan to lodge an appeal. A lot of uncertainty about this, it will be interesting to see what the fallout will be.

Anyone know what the protocol is dealing with the fallout from the eejit fan incident? Will Milan lodge an appeal, and try and get Celtic done. A hefty fine for Celtic, and possiblity of our last two games been played behind closed doors could be on the table? A points deduction is that a possibility?

I guess we just have to wait and see what the powers will do. In light of Didas outrageous feigning of injury, and it has to be said taking the game into disrepute I'm not sure if it would be wise for Milan to lodge an appeal. A lot of uncertainty about this, it will be interesting to see what the fallout will be.
    Its all down to the Match officials...and any Uefa delegates reports.
    Milan have no say on the matter

Not sure on the protocol - most recent one I can think of was the Sweden - Denmark game where Sweden got the points, but that match was abandoned and the ref was attacked. Who knows how UEFA will handle this one. I just hope Dida's antics work in our favour.

Such a let down though. I feel like we've lost when we beat the current champions. Once game we really should be celebrating and we've been let down big style by a f*&king dopey cnut. :mad:

I would say we have a problem here would be happy to take the points but this is a big issue with CELTIC. WGS got it right, at the end of the night some idiot could f** it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I really fear for this guys safety though. There are enough idiots out there who will think the guy is fair game for a kicking

I really fear for this guys safety though. There are enough idiots out there who will think the guy is fair game for a kicking

3 points gone .......IF it,s a rule :mad: but I dont think so unless if the pick on the little boys.

Anyone know what the protocol is dealing with the fallout from the eejit fan incident? Will Milan lodge an appeal, and try and get Celtic done.
    No chance. The manager and a member of the board was on TV and they don't want to consider getting points out of this game. Dida will be getting a bit of stick when he returns to training though.

eirebhoy wrote:
    No chance. The manager and a member of boards was on TV and they don't want to consider getting points out of this game. Dida will be getting a bit of stick when he returns to training though.

Well said Bhoy;) Hope thats right.

• Advertisement

eirebhoy wrote:
    No chance. The manager and a member of boards was on TV and they don't want to consider getting points out of this game. Dida will be getting a bit of stick when he returns to training though.
    Good!

Jeez lads, Sky Entertainment (I refuse to call them Sky News) love biggying up incidents like this. I'm surprised they didn't headline with "Celtic fan came onto the pitch with a machine gun and fired several shots at Milans keeper". Farking drama queens!!!

eirebhoy wrote:

A member of Boards!? on TV!? Eirebhoy...are you ACTUALLY Nakamura?:p

Eirebear wrote:
    Wow is this gonna turn into a "takes one to know one" "yeah but what am i" debate?
    If so ill switch off now thankyou very much.

PS apologies guys for this but im fed up with this kind of thing.:rolleyes:

Sorry 4 the late one you must b a young bear. We,ll leave it go, great week 4 scottish fusball................ok.Attachment not found.

eirebhoys wrote:
    Sorry 4 the late one you must b a young bear. We,ll leave it go, great week 4 scottish fusball................ok.Attachment not found.
    Dude im still not getting what the hell your on about....maybe when you sober up you can explain to me k?

Eirebear wrote:
    A member of Boards!? on TV!? Eirebhoy...are you ACTUALLY Nakamura?:p
    haha.:D too much to drink I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

thought sky were a joke, i didnt watch the game obviously, but waiting for the highlights Richard Keys (i'd love to chop his little head off) kept going on . . . coming up, we have the Celtic Ac game, where goalkeeper Dida had to be stretchered off after a fan ran onto the pitch and assaulted him . . . i swear to god, that man is a tool. Fairplay to redknapp and souness though, they were slating Dida something awful, especially Jamie which was nice to see, maybe he isnt a lost cause just yet.

Great result for Celtic tonight, fair play, if only we could've done that in Athens in May :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

That was a great result for Celtic last night, a good scalp in Europe and a result to be savoured. However, it only gives a slimmer of hope of getting out of the group stage as Shaktar's away win should clearly temper too much celebration. Its a very tough group for Celtic.

Milan played comfortably and were the more dangerous side. Celtic have to thank a flapping Dida who is prone to these types of gaffes. Celtic werent creating that much and were looking to get a 0-0 out of this match if they could, or so it seemed. So the first goal was a gift, as Milan went to sleep.

I thought the penalty was harsh. I would have no problem if these were always given, but they aren't. Pulling and hauling and 'holding' happens so much and is unfortunately endemic in the sport. FIFA should state that they want to stamp it out and THEN enforce such harsh penalties for everyone.

Celtic kept going, and just when Milan thought that they were going to get the draw that they had come to get, Dida made a poor effort at saving and McDonald nipped in to score, kept on-side by a sleeping full-back.

A good result, but not really reflective of the game perhaps, but we will take it all the same. However, this group will be very difficult to get out of, the way Shatkar are picking up points.

YNWA was well sung ....

Redspider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Geat win for Celtic they did well to battle back, i was impressed with Brown and Hartley also Donati, Mcgeady is very frustrating a few good touches but gave the ball away and was caught out defensively a few times, we now have to get at least a draw against Benfica to have any chance of getting thru, btw Celtic were the only home team to win last nite:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Fantastic win for Celtic.
    Thought they were outstanding in the first 30 minutes and made Milan look ordinary!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

redspider wrote:
    That was a great result for Celtic last night, a good scalp in Europe and a result to be savoured. However, it only gives a slimmer of hope of getting out of the group stage as Shaktar's away win should clearly temper too much celebration. Its a very tough group for Celtic.

Milan played comfortably and were the more dangerous side. Celtic have to thank a flapping Dida who is prone to these types of gaffes. Celtic werent creating that much and were looking to get a 0-0 out of this match if they could, or so it seemed. So the first goal was a gift, as Milan went to sleep.

I thought the penalty was harsh. I would have no problem if these were always given, but they aren't. Pulling and hauling and 'holding' happens so much and is unfortunately endemic in the sport. FIFA should state that they want to stamp it out and THEN enforce such harsh penalties for everyone.

Celtic kept going, and just when Milan thought that they were going to get the draw that they had come to get, Dida made a poor effort at saving and McDonald nipped in to score, kept on-side by a sleeping full-back.

A good result, but not really reflective of the game perhaps, but we will take it all the same. However, this group will be very difficult to get out of, the way Shatkar are picking up points.

YNWA was well sung ....

Redspider

can I just congratulate this guy on a realistic assessment/review.

Current Standings:

Clubs Pld W D L GF GA Pts
    Shakhtar 2 2 0 0 3 0 6
    Celtic 2 1 0 1 2 3 3
    Milan 2 1 0 1 3 3 3
    Benfica 2 0 0 2 1 3 0

Fixtures:

Benfica 24/10 Celtic
    Milan 24/10 Shakhtar
    Celtic 06/11 Benfica
    Shakhtar 06/11 Milan
    Benfica 28/11 Milan
    Celtic 28/11 Shakhtar
    Milan 04/12 Celtic
    Shakhtar 04/12 Benfica

While agreeing with redspiders assesement that a Shakhtar win is a bad result for us in terms of group qualification. I think we are now competing with Milan for 2nd place instead of Shakhtar. So in short: We should be now rooting for Shakhtar in their next 2 games against Milan, no?

If Shakhtar can get 4 points against Milan, quite possible imo. Assuming we do our usual win at home, and lose away against Benfica. Table will look as follows after 4 games:

Clubs Pld W D L Pts
    Shakhtar 4 3 1 0 10
    Celtic 4 2 0 2 6
    Milan 4 1 1 2 4
    Benfica 4 1 0 2 3

Milan then play away to Benfica. We, at home v Shakhtar. We should do better or equal to Milan in round 5. It may well come down to our last game which is away v Milan.

I expect we will need a draw in the SanSero to gain qualification.
    My points (after all the rambling :p )
    1) We defenitely need to get a draw in one of our 2 away games to qualify.
    2) Shakhtar will win this group. We are in a battle with Milan for second place.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Ya really think shaktar getting 4 points from Milan is quite possible?!?!?!

Have to admit, i'd be shocked if they did. Milan taking 6 is far more likely.

Shakhtar are a lot better than Celtic and Milan will be doing very, very well to get a draw over there.

Yeah shaktar are no mugs, i think the result last night in Lisbon shows that.
    I do however think that Milan are now hurting and will not go down very easily to anyone (insert Dida joke here) after last night.

Shakhtar spent €40 million euro this season. They look good, and hungry. Milan, are Champions I know, but do they have the hunger to fight out a very competitive group this year. Milan may take 3 points off Shak. I would fully expect Shak to win at home though.

• Advertisement

Eirebear wrote:
    Yeah shaktar are no mugs, i think the result last night in Lisbon shows that.
    I do however think that Milan are now hurting and will not go down very easily to anyone (insert Dida joke here) after last night.
    Dida despite being a complete joke, is a calamity of a goalkeeper. Teams might well fancy their chances of scoring a few against them. I watched Milan v Benfica a few weeks ago. Benfica came close a few times , troubled Milans defence a lot with limited posession. Milan are there for the taking this year imo! Call it a Champions hangover or whatever, they have a definite weekpoint at the back.

Just to prove i did mingle with the enemy last night!
    TBH im really dissapointed with these, but a bit of salvage work has got them this far, im sure i can bring them out a little more when i get time.
    The rain was ridiculous and i got there a little too late so i missed a chance here.
    Anyway here the proof! Apologies for the crap quality of them

To be honest I wasnt suprise at last nights result at all to be honest. i have Kaka on my fantasy football for the UCL and was thinkin about benchin him cos I thought he'd be only good for 2 points (lucky I didnt but barring the penalty that wasnt he wasnt gonne score imo) The reason i felt that is because of Celtics unreal home record in the CL. If they can learn to travel then theres no reason they shouldnt egt outa the group.

I agree with the above sentiments re. Shakhtar. There is a chance of them pipping Milan to top spot, could be a fight between us and Milan for 2nd. Let's hope Benfica don't spoil our party.

I stand by my initial thinking in that we need to win our 2 remaining home games and take at least a point from either Benfica away or Milan away to have any hope. Then it's outside of our control. We want Benfica to rob something off Milan or Shakhtar, but I think Benfica lost their chance to take anything from Shakhtar last night at home. I'd be shocked if they can even get a draw away to Shakhtar.

I see dickwipe turned himself in today. Lifetime ban from home and away games. Hopefully the swift action against numpty-balls will ease the pain dished out to Celtic by UEFA. :(

Interesting stat from someone on another forum. Celtic have given peno's away against 3 of the top seeds in the CL group stages in the last few years, all within 10 minutes of scoring themselves. 4 penos in total (2 x ManUtd, Juventus, Milan) and all 4 were very soft...

• Advertisement

eirebhoy wrote:
    Interesting stat from someone on another forum. Celtic have given peno's away against 3 of the top seeds in the CL group stages in the last few years, all within 10 minutes of scoring themselves. 4 penos in total (2 x ManUtd, Juventus, Milan) and all 4 were very soft...
    I'm leaning towards a conspiracy too. Damn refs are always helping the big boys. :mad:
    Funnily I had a feeling after we scored that the ref might throw them a line, and when he did "deja vu". The big boys Manu, Milan etc are where the money is, so the refs give them a helping hand.

He gave a couple of 'unwarranted' frees to them before he awarded the 'unwarranted' penalty. Despite the ref throwing them a lifeline, i'm glad justice was done and we got the points we deserved. Cheated by the ref, the goalkeeper, and 2 our best players missing and still we win! Gotta admire the resolve of the bhoys!

I don't have a major problem with the penalty decision, however I have a problem with the inconsistency of the refs. Before that penalty, McDonald was clearly being held in the Milan box, I remember even saying it to the better half and commenting if that was us fouling, it would be a penalty. Low and behold, Milan get a penalty when their player makes a meal of holding which was certainly no worse than that done to McDonald. Play-acting will always be a part of the game as long as refs fall for it.

Drives me mad! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

Seriously lads.conspiracy theories? I thought those days were gone...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

... for 'lack of organisation' and 'improper conduct of their fans'. Hearing takes place on Oct 11.

They have also asked Milan to explain the reason for Didas substitution.

Nunu wrote:
    ... for 'lack of organisation' and 'improper conduct of their fans'. Hearing takes place on Oct 11.

They have also asked Milan to explain the reason for Didas substitution.

Now that we know exactly what UEFA are taking Celtic to task over, does it in any way clarify the possible repercussions? Assuming those charges are upheld, what's the likely outcome?

Hope it's just a fine. I think playing behind closed doors would be harsh. And docked points would be way too harsh.

PauloMN wrote:
    Now that we know exactly what UEFA are taking Celtic to task over, does it in any way clarify the possible repercussions? Assuming those charges are upheld, what's the likely outcome?

Hope it's just a fine. I think playing behind closed doors would be harsh. And docked points would be way too harsh.

We got done for the same things when Mr Gallagher decided to "protest" at the Haifa game.
    We got off with a fine amid media calls for closed doors and kicked out of europe.
    The only reason i could see Celtic getting a worse sentence than us is the fact that the guy got away (i really cant believe how he managed that, if i was a celtic fan and he tried to get back into the stands past me i know what id have done to him), but to be honest i still reckon a fine is the worst youll get.

We've no right back for the next 2 months. Doumbe out for 7 weeks, Wilson out for 10.

eirebhoy wrote:
    We've no right back for the next 2 months. Doumbe out for 7 weeks, Wilson out for 10.

Wondered about that when I saw him injured. C'mon the Caldwell!!! ;)

Kennedy in centre I suppose, will we see Balde :eek: back playing first team football?

We don't have much of a left back either. Naylor hasn't improved the slightest from the poor end to last season. How many times did he kick the ball to opposing players at close range on Wednesday night? Must have been in double figures. :(

I actually thought Naylor was back to his old self on Wednesday. Strachan obviously told him to cut down on the long balls.

• Advertisement
Advertisement