Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What Is This?

Options
  • 08-01-2007 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭

Any idea what this car is? I was behind it on the N11 a few weeks back. I put the reg into carcheck.ie and it just came up as make: other model: other

Attachment not found.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Looks a bit tall to be a Lotus Elise. Could be a kit car perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

An elise with aftermarket rear bumper possibly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Defo not an elise, I saw the whole car but only got a pic of the back. It looks like one of the cars I saw on top gear a while back, built by some small British manufacturer

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

What I want to know is why you had your front fogs on in bumper-to-bumper traffic?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Onkle wrote:
    Defo not an elise, I saw the whole car but only got a pic of the back. It looks like one of the cars I saw on top gear a while back, built by some small British manufacturer

Could be a Noble?

• Advertisement

In usually put them on during the day and switch them off when it gets darker. They point towards the ground anyway.... And didn't you read the new charter regarding foglights:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

It's a GTM Libra Kit car...

Thats the one. It looked brilliant and when it was first at the lights it was gone like a bullet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Onkle wrote:
    And didn't you read the new charter regarding foglights:p
    Link please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

originally Posted By Onkle
    gone like a bullet
    Look at the performance figures on the website of the Libra, but especially the Ballista. If they're to be believed, they don't hang about :eek:

Few for sale on Pistonheads if you have the cash or inclination

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Shame they look terrible...

Most have either a Toyota VVT or a Honda VTec engine, hence the crazy revving and power.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭chillyspoon

It's a shame I didn't notice this thread until now... it's such a long time since it was posted..

Anyway.. yes, it's a Libra and it's me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

how much are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

Ah... chillyspoon gives it away.. how's it going Ferg ;)

I knew i recognised that car, i just couldn't think of the make..

Last time i saw yourself 'twas in westport for the stag

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭chillyspoon

In second hand terms the prices vary quite a lot depending on age, mileage etc. and the market is prone to major fluctuation due to the low numbers available.

So, if you're lucky and a few hit the market at once you can pick up a good 1.8 for 7500-8500 sterling. As with most kit cars, the factory built ones are worth more - which I have to say, does not necessarily indicate better build quality. Ones that are built privately but by people in the motor industry tend to be the best in my experience as a bit of heart and soul goes in to them.

Of course you've got your travel expenses plus VRT on top of the purchase price. :(:( Boo hiss to the badly set up VRT laws...

They are worth every cent though, they're *great* fun to drive and it's cool having a car that people not only want to look at but smile at too! Constant good feedback.

You'd want to allow at least 16,000-22,000 euro to get a decent secondhand one over here and registered on the road.

http://www.kitsnklassics.com/ are the Irish agents, nice guys and quote 37,250 for a full build (that's before VRT is added on).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

Onkle wrote: »
    In usually put them on during the day and switch them off when it gets darker. They point towards the ground anyway.... And didn't you read the new charter regarding foglights:p

Good man. Someone with a bit of common sense.

Advertisement