Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My New Motor?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

ill take some snaps of the motor later on in the wk, and put them up here.....
    have to wash it first...

the exec spec is the business... i noticed that your car has the bigger wheels on it than the exec spec sold here in the south..........

niceone...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

2002-05 Alfa Romeo 166 2.0 Lusso
    what_car wrote:
    ill take some snaps of the motor later on in the wk, and put them up here.....
    have to wash it first...

the exec spec is the business... i noticed that your car has the bigger wheels on it than the exec spec sold here in the south..........

niceone...

yup, the tan leather is nice, and i got the touch screen sat nav too. Tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Best of luck with it. Lovely motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Many happy miles with it - very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Ok guys,

I got my motor. Just picked it up and can i say that the poll for this thread was spot on. This car is fantastic, and ive never been happier with a car. The comfort is excellent, the suspension is nice, the ride comfy and the engine is very refined. And the power is sweet. :D

Thanks to all for the help selecting the car and its my pride and joy.

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Can i ask the year, the miles and also what you paid for it?

I am picking up my 2.0i Accord soon and just can't wait. Also changing from my 99 Mondeo :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Lovely car, good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I reckon the Honda is the best, and has the best image of all the cars listed.

Are you serious ??

It would be the last car of that bunch that I would pick, especially if image was to be considered !

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

2005/6 Honda Accord 2.2 CDTI
    Dont know about image, I wud prefer the Titanium Mondeo, has a "Grrrrr" about it!!!

Best of luk with the motor lad, looks v well.

Where did u buy?

its a late 04 Accord i-CTDI 2.2 Exc Sat Nav. Its got 45k Miles on the clock and full honda service history. I paid 12900 sterling for the car in JC Hamilton motors in Rostrevor near Newry. it was advertised for 13999 so not too shabby, esp for the price of them in the south.

Guys in the dealers were gents and they have a saturday club where ya can book your car in for a full Valet Service free of charge and as often as ya want. :)

its a late 04 Accord i-CTDI 2.2 Exc Sat Nav. Its got 45k Miles on the clock and full honda service history. I paid 12900 sterling for the car in JC Hamilton motors in Rostrevor near Newry. it was advertised for 13999 so not too shabby, esp for the price of them in the south.

Guys in the dealers were gents and they have a saturday club where ya can book your car in for a full Valet Service free of charge and as often as ya want. :)

You not have to pay VRT on it?

• Advertisement

Im living between the north and south at the mo. Im live in the north during the week where my car is reg, and i come home at weekend. Ive bank accounts and bills in the north so i can produce them if needs be

Im living between the north and south at the mo. Im live in the north during the week where my car is reg, and i come home at weekend. Ive bank accounts and bills in the north so i can produce them if needs be

Ah ok :). I would love to be able to buy in the North or UK but the VRT would cripple me, not worth it on the 04-05 Accord.

filled up the tank the other day and reset the trip readout.. I do about 40miles a day in the car and its not city driving. Doing 4th and 5th gear driving.

looked at the needle and the trip and was happy so far.

Dash.JPG

done 180 miles and still 3/4 of a tank left. I know when i filled to brim theres more than the needle shows but im still smiling :D love this car

filled up the tank the other day and reset the trip readout.. I do about 40miles a day in the car and its not city driving. Doing 4th and 5th gear driving.

Dash.JPG

done 180 miles and still 3/4 of a tank left. I know when i filled to brim theres more than the needle shows but im still smiling :D love this car

i get about 600km from about €55 euro of petrol... full tank..

NOTE:!! the fuel guage goes down rather quickly once its below the half full range.. can be a bit deceptive!. overall a nice jammer to drive..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Dash.JPG

Put on your seat belt!!!:D

what_car wrote:
    NOTE:!! the fuel guage goes down rather quickly once its below the half full range.. can be a bit deceptive!. overall a nice jammer to drive..

Ive noticed that too. Im gettin close to 500miles on a tank, and that with air con on.
    neacy69 wrote:
    Put on your seat belt!!!:D

:D Yessur officer. no i wasnt drinkin. no thats wine gums ya can smell on my breath.

Dash.JPG

attached my car..pics at last ..trip computer showing 36mpg

the car looks well. Nice colour. I love mine more and more everyday. Is so nice to drive and i never get any pains from long trips

i remember someone here mentioning that i should use a certain type of oil, or i could damage the Turbo. Anyone remember the name of it?

i remember someone here mentioning that i should use a certain type of oil, or i could damage the Turbo. Anyone remember the name of it?
    yeah ur right... i have the honda oil guide in my car which covers the 2.2 diesel ... i will check it out... and post here later...

on another point.. i was looking to get a litre of oil for my petrol car
    it specifies to use genuine honda oil... so i visited a couple of honda dealers..

both honda garages i visited didnt have the genuine oil.. they had oodles of the cheap stuff on their shelves..........

erm,.. makes me wonder.,.. if i leave my car into a man dealer is that the crap they put in the car?

• Advertisement

ok taken from the honda oil guide.

accord diesel 03 on

0w30 fully synth
    the recommended oil for western european driving and weather conditions
    is fully synthetic motor oil meeting the minimum specification ACEA A1/B1. the viscosity should be 0W-30.

taken from the honda engine oil guide..

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

So guys,

Its now a year on. How are ye getting on with your Honda Accords?

Seriously considering buying A Diesel Executive one from the UK. Could you factor in running costs such as Servicing, fuel consumption and and technical issues - also your buying experience from buying up north! :D

Cheers

Mutz wrote:
    "Its now a year on. How are ye getting on with your Honda Accords?

Seriously considering buying one. Could you factor in running costs such as Servicing, fuel consumption and and technical issues - also your buying experience from buying up north!

Cheers"

Well i cant tell ya home much i love that car. Its by far the most comfortable ive driven and im 6ft 1" so that an important thing for me. The cars ride is smooth and not over soft that it wobbles in the corner.

The best thing is its alot quiter than other diesels esp mondeos and passasts.

The last service i got was a month ago, so for the standard service and change of brake pads it cost 250 euro from my local mechanic.

With the current price of diesel it takes about 75euro to fill the car, and it goes for 550miles+ on a tank.

Only technical prob i had is moisture gettin inside the right headlight but that was due to a stone cracking a tiny piece which ive since had fixed.

Buying north was a breeze and the dealers i dealt with were alot more straight forward then some i dealt with in cavan monaghan and dublin.

I left a deposit, popped back a week later and paid the rest and enjoyed the cruise home. (Oh yea the cruise control is a great invention) :)

Mutz wrote: »
    So guys,

Its now a year on. How are ye getting on with your Honda Accords?

Seriously considering buying A Diesel Executive one from the UK. Could you factor in running costs such as Servicing, fuel consumption and and technical issues - also your buying experience from buying up north! :D

Cheers

i have the petrol auto 2.0 its a great drivers car. not one problem with it at all after 30,000km. the auto box is sweet. 45mpg on motorway and 25ish round town.. solid car. would highly recommend one..
    it costs round €60 to fill mine and i get 640km (397miles)

the type S has sports suspension and 17 inch alloys...sticks to the road.

its not that far off a diesel.. much nicer and smoother drive ...
    ( i changed from diesel to petrol)
    im sorry i didnt go for the 2.4 Type S at the time, but i think it was only available in the uk...

the first honda main dealer service cost €193. my next accord will be petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I voted Honda, mainly because they seem to be adding a lot of refinement. The ride isn't as unyielding as it once was. I'd love the alfa and have it on the condition that I have the money in the bank if it goes wrong, I'm joining the AA and I am not likely to end up in any life and death situations if it ever lets me down.

Knowing that, I'd be free to enjoy the fantastic value that they are as a used buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Like the above poster, i to was reading along from the start of the thread when i noticed the post dates.

Good to hear your happy with your choice, accord is a nice motor

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭erie

Honda Accord!!!... own it since 5th generation (1997)... very satisfied, waiting for my new 8th generation...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Man, this thread ids doing a double Lazarus

I'll close it now before we get the Vatican investigating :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement