Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choosing DDR

Options
  • 23-06-2007 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hey guys, hope all is well :P

Want to buy some ram for my ol' beauty but I'm unsure which to get as I heard some may be not compatible with my pc, how do I check what's compatible?

Hope that made sense!
    Joe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 pgleeson

Hi there,

A bit of light reading for you :-)
    And a bit more, and a useful utility to give u info on some of your system.

Have you got a Dell computer or did someone build it from parts? A model number would help people to track details down for it.

Anyway, modern RAM is usually type DDR2 with DDR3 just out now(too new - pricey). But you also need to know what speed the slots on your motherboard are capable of handling so that you get the correct ones.

If you could provide more details it would give us a chance to figure it out :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

Crucial has online system scanner-you will get your computer memory information. The rest is up to you-go for Crucial or check other brands.
    http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

Attachment not found.

That, basically , would be all that your need to know to choose a right RAM for your system

Advertisement