Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 fifi8_4

I got the EU Blackstones for €13 on book depository 2010-2011 ed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭blathblath

Anybody know if they are out today :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭brehayes

blathblath wrote: »

I doubt it - there would have been a hundred comments already if they were! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Chuckler

Normally the results should be out this week or next! Check the Law Society Website today to see the new 2011 Timetable - Note next exams from Tuesday to Friday and more importantly - no more Cork sittings!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭colonel1

Hi Chuckler,

I phoned the Law Society last week and they said that they hope to have the results out in the last week of November, but they may not come out 'till the first week in December. So another week to go (at least) yet, alas!

• Advertisement

Chuckler wrote: »
    Normally the results should be out this week or next! Check the Law Society Website today to see the new 2011 Timetable - Note next exams from Tuesday to Friday and more importantly - no more Cork sittings!!!:eek:

Harsh! If the numbers are so low so as to cut a venue why does it take so long to release results! Stress city not knowing how the next few months will pan out! Regardless of the Tues to Fri change if I don't get these exams I will have 3 in a row, I already know I'm not able for that!

the withdrawal of the Cork sitting has been coming with a while, even though there are still 200+ people sitting the exams in Neptune Stadium, each sitting at 3+ exams at 120euro per subject... eh.... :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭CFOLEY85

Hi all.

Does anyone know when the timetable was posted up on the website?? Could it mean if it was only posted up over the past few days that are results are out today????:confused:

In relation to no Cork sitting.. DISGRACEFUL!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Fantastic, as if these exams couldnt get worse they get rid of the Cork sittings. I know people travel from afar in other towns but the Law society could have marketed the Cork venue a little better. Surely there would be enough numbers from Waterford/Limerick to fill it.

On a side note. Where do people recommend you stay when in Dublin? Feck sake a week (Maybe two weeks) in a hotel as well as food etc is going to cost us a fortune. Id rather pay an extra €30 per exam to have it in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

Hogzy wrote: »
    Fantastic, as if these exams couldnt get worse they get rid of the Cork sittings. I know people travel from afar in other towns but the Law society could have marketed the Cork venue a little better. Surely there would be enough numbers from Waterford/Limerick to fill it.

On a side note. Where do people recommend you stay when in Dublin? Feck sake a week (Maybe two weeks) in a hotel as well as food etc is going to cost us a fortune. Id rather pay an extra €30 per exam to have it in Cork.

Hogzy & Co - where are the exams held in Dublin?

JC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kaka1

Exams are held in the RDS. D4 Hotels is a good place to stay - desk in room and very handy for exam hall. There are a number of B&Bs around Ballsbridge too.

Kaka1 wrote: »
    Exams are held in the RDS. D4 Hotels is a good place to stay - desk in room and very handy for exam hall. There are a number of B&Bs around Ballsbridge too.

Thanks, actually I knew that but had forgotten it. In that part of town I have stayed in the Lansdowne Hotel and found it fine, old-world comfy and the barman asks you if you'd like another pint before locking up, it doesn't get better than that. You can also leave the car there for the day which would matter in our situation, saves a few quid. It's not over-expensive.

JC

Bewleys might be a good spot too. Iv stayed there before. Nice large well lit room, desk with FREE and FAST internet...

Which is a massive plus for anyone with access to online lectures. Not that you should be looking at them that late but better safe than sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭brian__foley

In re travel,

This aspect of things in GCD is nothing to do with me, but there is a campus residence that is relatively cheap. I had thought previously that it may be interesting to see could very special rates be offered in or about the times of the fe1 exams for our own students. You might find places nearer to the exam hall though, but I might kick-start thinking on this and see what could be offered by way of very low rates.

any post this morning with results lads?! at work so I cannot check!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭CFOLEY85

In re travel,

This aspect of things in GCD is nothing to do with me, but there is a campus residence that is relatively cheap. I had thought previously that it may be interesting to see could very special rates be offered in or about the times of the fe1 exams for our own students. You might find places nearer to the exam hall though, but I might kick-start thinking on this and see what could be offered by way of very low rates.

Excellent idea Brian. It would take alot of the stress off of us coming up to the exams too.

Thinking some more about the withdrawal of the FE1s from Cork, I hope it's not a sign that the professional practise course is about to be pulled back to Blackhall Place as well. That would be a right pain in the A for anybody in the South-west.

JC

Has anyone gotten through to the Law Soc to ask when results are out??? Keeps going to voicemail!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mirm

Has anyone gotten through to the Law Soc to ask when results are out??? Keeps going to voicemail!:mad:

They are possibly the most unhelpful people ever! They are transferring me also straight through to voicemail and when I dial back to reception they just transfer me again straight away!!!

They are obviously not on our side and are not out there to promote the profession an assist you. I am really beginning to wonder why have I wasted so much money to this heartless institution when they dont have the decency to let u know when results are out and to pull a venue for exam sitting so suddenly!

mirm wrote: »
    They are possibly the most unhelpful people ever! They are transferring me also straight through to voicemail and when I dial back to reception they just transfer me again straight away!!!

They are obviously not on our side and are not out there to promote the profession an assist you. I am really beginning to wonder why have I wasted so much money to this heartless institution when they dont have the decency to let u know when results are out and to pull a venue for exam sitting so suddenly!

Well said! I am not one to normally focus on the negatives but I really have enought of the Law Soc at this stage. Paying hard earned money and living stressful lives working and studying for what? They don't even have the decency to give you a date for your fate, do they not realise this is our present lives and future????It is not as though people have confidence in having passed these exams nobody knows how they will go regardless of how they answered 5 questions so there is no relief after sitting them the stress continues up until results day to which we are oblivious!It is making me really angry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shaneybaby

JCJCJC wrote: »
    Thinking some more about the withdrawal of the FE1s from Cork, I hope it's not a sign that the professional practise course is about to be pulled back to Blackhall Place as well. That would be a right pain in the A for anybody in the South-west.

JC

word on the street that this is a probability rather than a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

PPC repeat results are out this week from what I hear, and I think they were held they week before FE1's so next week is looking likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Please use this thread for discussing the FE1 exam and topics.

For discussing buying and selling manuals and other FE1 preparatory material, please use this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Last Monday of November last year so it's gonna be the same this year I'd imagine

Jev/N wrote: »
    Last Monday of November last year so it's gonna be the same this year I'd imagine

Another few sleepless nights so I guess!I am driving myself insane starting to go over the questions in my head it's madness! How is it so difficult to get 50%!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭pink101

Another few sleepless nights so I guess!I am driving myself insane starting to go over the questions in my head it's madness! How is it so difficult to get 50%!

Brian Foley did a brillant note look back when somebody was looking at questions and seeking whether they could pass on three really good questions or even four. He did a brillant percentage look back and it will give you an idea.

pink101 wrote: »
    Brian Foley did a brillant note look back when somebody was looking at questions and seeking whether they could pass on three really good questions or even four. He did a brillant percentage look back and it will give you an idea.
    Any idea how far back? And if not perhaps perhaps Brian might be kind enough to reiterate! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 layzee

99% positive the results will be out on Monday..they're always posted on the last friday of November to arrive on the monday.

layzee wrote: »
    99% positive the results will be out on Monday..they're always posted on the last friday of November to arrive on the monday.

I think its stupid the way we cant check them online. The law society would save a small fortune in postage fees. We could also pay online which would also be easier for the law society.

But we all know they like awkwardness and inefficiency so i suppose its perfect the way it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 AnnAh1986

layzee wrote: »

I contacted them and they said they will be posted tomorrow and Monday!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement