Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

andy0, reinstalling the app won't solve your problem. The problem is that the server address (http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php) is lost when you install a new version on top of a very old one. The reason it doesn't try to connect is that the address is invalid (being blank and all :)).

You can see it for yourself by going into options->accounts->options->edit server. You'll see that it's blank and if you set it to http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php it'll start working again.

But you should download this update anyway, it also fixes a problem where you're not prompted to save a number that's not in your phone book:

http://cabbagetexter.com/mobile/Cabbage_Mobile_1.75.jar

or from your mobile: http://cabbagetexter.com/dl1.75

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭andy0

I did wonder something like that after I posted, and went to check - it did seem to have that cabbagetexter address in there, having replaced one on the cabaal domain

But anyway I installed that newer version, now I do get the access point pop-up query, and managed to send ok for O2, but not yet Vodafone - could not connect to network site - even though this was fine earlier

So I seem to be almost but not quite fixed. Is the Vodafone site sometimes a bit tricky? I've only had this SIM a short time, and today was first time I tried with Cabbage

edit: I've had success with Vodafone now as well, though a bit slow

andy0 wrote: »
    I did wonder something like that after I posted, and went to check - it did seem to have that cabbagetexter address in there, having replaced one on the cabaal domain

But anyway I installed that newer version, now I do get the access point pop-up query, and managed to send ok for O2, but not yet Vodafone - could not connect to network site - even though this was fine earlier

So I seem to be almost but not quite fixed. Is the Vodafone site sometimes a bit tricky? I've only had this SIM a short time, and today was first time I tried with Cabbage

vodafone's not working at the moment. Give it a while and it should be fine. If you ever find that one network login works but not another then the problem's not with your phone

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi Sam,

Slight problem!

When i go to send a message i get an error "Subscribe to packet data first".

is this a network problem or a phone settings problem?

nokia 6300
    Meteor PAYG.

Meteor have sent me the MMS and Wap Settings as i can send a picture messege but when i go into Packet Data Conn. folder - it says 02 Internet Postpay (Originally an O2 Phone)

Thanks.

EDIT - Sorted by using the instructions in this thread! - http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64654339#post64654339

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Does cabbage add a automatic signature (i.e sent using cabbagev1.xx) like JSMS.
    JSMS adds one when you send a text over 160 characters to multiple contacts and it is quite an eyesore.

• Advertisement

Rockin wrote: »
    Does cabbage add a automatic signature (i.e sent using cabbagev1.xx) like JSMS.
    JSMS adds one when you send a text over 160 characters to multiple contacts and it is quite an eyesore.

Nope. And it removes the ones that the three website tries to add :)

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Nope. And it removes the ones that the three website tries to add :)

Great ! Cabbage - 1
    JSMS - 0

Rockin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

The next release of Jelly SMS will allow you to remove the signature and also removes the one that Three.ie adds.

signature_jelly_sms_dot_com.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Progar

Having a problem with changing to my own server address on the mobile version. it works fine with the desktop version, but as soon i setup on the mobile version and press send i get a message "Unexpected response format" Any ideas anyone??

Progar wrote: »
    Having a problem with changing to my own server address on the mobile version. it works fine with the desktop version, but as soon i setup on the mobile version and press send i get a message "Unexpected response format" Any ideas anyone??

My first thought would be that you've just typed the server address wrong on the phone. Can you pm me the server address and I'll take a look myself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me if there's a version of cabbage or a similar application for Android devices ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

tallus wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me if there's a version of cabbage or a similar application for Android devices ?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055832515

squared wrote: »

Huge thanks squared!

I am just at the end of my monthly allocation of text messages!

There's also Jelly SMS on Android (beta). Grab it free from JellySMS.com

fbradyirl wrote: »
    There's also Jelly SMS on Android (beta). Grab it free from JellySMS.com

Would you believe that I have only just downloaded and installed Jelly, and it's only free until March 6th :/
    Think I'll just delete it heh.

That's just the beta time limit so that it won't need to be supported after that date. The full release (without time limits) should be this week hopefully...

fbradyirl wrote: »
    That's just the beta time limit so that it won't need to be supported after that date. The full release (without time limits) should be this week hopefully...

Ohh I see... I have it installed now anyways.

Also, I downloaded Cabbage Lite from the Android store thingy... (my first day using it)

Cheers for the info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

cabbage on a wifi nokia e51

Have an old nokia e51 no sim card, use its wifi connection for browsing web

Installed cabbage mobile

set up an ac, input a password, input my mobile number etc

When I send a message I get "invalid login details"

One thing I noticed wasnt asked to verify my mobile number in any way, so I could have put in anyones mobile number ?

Any ideas

Edit Didnt set up an account , just inputted login details on phone, so need to set up an account, cant see where to do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

cabbage on a wifi nokia e51

Have an old nokia e51 no sim card, use its wifi connection for browsing web

Installed cabbage mobile

set up an ac, input a password, input my mobile number etc

When I send a message I get "invalid login details"

One thing I noticed wasnt asked to verify my mobile number in any way, so I could have put in anyones mobile number ?

Any ideas

Edit Didnt set up an account , just inputted login details on phone, so need to set up an account, cant see where to do that

Cabbage uses your online webtext facility to send texts from your phone. Do you have an online account with O2 / Vodafone / Meteor / Three? You need to use those login details.

I've merged your post into this "mega thread".

As random says, the program uses the online texts offered by your network. You don't create an account on my website, you need a pre existing account on your network's website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Cheers Folks will try that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Why do I get an error when installing this. "Invalid Jar file" :(

I have a Nokia E51

Why do I get an error when installing this. "Invalid Jar file" :(

I have a Nokia E51

Can you try this link: http://cabbagetexter.com/mobile/Cabbage_Mobile_1.75.jar

It's case sensitive btw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Can you try this link: http://cabbagetexter.com/mobile/Cabbage_Mobile_1.75.jar

It's case sensitive btw

That linked work perfectly :)

What was I doing wrong?

Assuming you downloaded it from the link http://cabbagetexter.com/dl1.75, that downloads the .jad file and I think there's an invalid value in that file that some phones don't care about but that the E51 complains about. you're the fourth person with an E51 to have this problem in the past few days. The link I gave you skips over the .jar and goes straight to the .jar so avoid the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jone2010

I'd have to say yes because they give the most texts which can be sent to foreign numbers and they have good internet roaming prices, 99c per day anywhere in the world.

Hi Sam, guys,
    excellent little app I must say! :D

As Vodafone is the best company to be with if using cabbage, I'm considering switch from Meteor PAYG to Vodafone PAYG.

Two questions:
    1. Roaming with vodafone - I assume from the quote above that this is with vodafone live (and therefore I'd run the risk of cabbage not working) and not with Vodafone ISP? Are the roaming charges with Voda ISP excessive? I couldn't find them...

2. I'm using a rather old Nokia 6300 - will I be able to connect to Vodafone ISP with this or is it just newer models? I couldn't get this with Meteor, I wondered if the reason was Meteor didn't offer this option, or the phone, or both?!

Thanks a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭cupthehand1

Can the whole new Vodafone 360 data package be used with Cabbage?

The Vodafone 360 Prepay bundle

If you buy a phone that's Vodafone 360 tailor-made or compatible, you'll probably start using data more often. With our new promotional Prepay bundle* you pay only up to €12.09 per month (based on 31 day month), deducted from your Prepay credit balance in equal amounts each day. You must top up by €20 in one month to get the bundle.
    You'll also get a daily allowance of 100MB (up from 50MB on our standard rate), and it'll cost €1 per MB after your allowance is used.
    To get the Vodafone 360 Prepay bundle, register for Vodafone 360 and start 360 services. Then we'll automatically switch you to the new rate. (And if you stop using the 360 services, we'll automatically switch you back to the standard daily rate of 99c per day).
    * Offer available until March 31 2010

https://www.vodafone.ie/vlive/internetmobile#prepay

jone2010 wrote: »
    Hi Sam, guys,
    excellent little app I must say! :D

As Vodafone is the best company to be with if using cabbage, I'm considering switch from Meteor PAYG to Vodafone PAYG.

Two questions:
    1. Roaming with vodafone - I assume from the quote above that this is with vodafone live (and therefore I'd run the risk of cabbage not working) and not with Vodafone ISP? Are the roaming charges with Voda ISP excessive? I couldn't find them...

2. I'm using a rather old Nokia 6300 - will I be able to connect to Vodafone ISP with this or is it just newer models? I couldn't get this with Meteor, I wondered if the reason was Meteor didn't offer this option, or the phone, or both?!

Thanks a lot!

1. Yes it's with vodafone live and yes you'd run the risk of cabbage not working intermittently. Yes the roaming charges with isp are massive, don't use it

2. You will be able to connect to vodafone ISP with the 6300 or to vodafone live since you don't need the proxy settings for it anymore. You fill in the settings as follows (I'll put the settings for live in brackets after the ones for isp):

settings->configuration->personal configuration settings->add->access point

account name: vodafone isp apn (vodafone live apn)
    go into access point settings
    data bearer:gprs or packet data
    go into bearer settings
    GPRS access point:isp.vodafone.ie (live.vodafone.com)
    authentication type:normal
    username:vodafone
    password:vodafone

settings->configuration->personal configuration settings
    highlight vodafone isp apn (vodafone live apn) and press options->activate

settings->configuration->activate default in all applications->yes

then if you want your browser to use isp (live) as well as java apps:

settings->configuration->personal configuration settings->add->web
    account name: vodafone isp (vodafone live)
    homepage:http://google.ie/pda (http://live.vodafone.com)
    username:vodafone
    password:vodafone
    use preferred access point:yes

settings->configuration->default configuration settings
    highlight vodafone isp (vodafone live) and press options->set as default
    settings->configuration->activate default in all applications->yes

Can the whole new Vodafone 360 data package be used with Cabbage?

The Vodafone 360 Prepay bundle

If you buy a phone that's Vodafone 360 tailor-made or compatible, you'll probably start using data more often. With our new promotional Prepay bundle* you pay only up to €12.09 per month (based on 31 day month), deducted from your Prepay credit balance in equal amounts each day. You must top up by €20 in one month to get the bundle.
    You'll also get a daily allowance of 100MB (up from 50MB on our standard rate), and it'll cost €1 per MB after your allowance is used.
    To get the Vodafone 360 Prepay bundle, register for Vodafone 360 and start 360 services. Then we'll automatically switch you to the new rate. (And if you stop using the 360 services, we'll automatically switch you back to the standard daily rate of 99c per day).
    * Offer available until March 31 2010

https://www.vodafone.ie/vlive/internetmobile#prepay

Yes you can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Hi Sam,

Tried downloading Cabbagetexter to my Samsung Cara - Im getting an error message "no existing contents" and then the installation cancels itself - any ideas on what Im doing wrong?

Thanks Kilsmum;););););)

Advertisement