Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Central Heating boiler advice?

Options
  • 22-10-2007 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've got a problem with my central heating. The pressure has been dropping daily in the last few weeks and we've had to keep topping up the system.I looked everywhere and couln't find a leak anywhere. This constant topping up has caused 'kettling' in the system and now there is water dripping from underneath the boiler. Its a closed system. I'm hoping its just a loose feed pipe or something simple. I'm also worried the kettling might have cracked the heat exchanger which will then cost me a fortune! I'm planning to take a closer look when I get home from work this evening. Has anyone else had experiences similar to this? If so what was wrong?
    Its a vokera mynute gas boiler
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

The boiler may have burst and be leaking into the boiler, where you would not have noticed it. this would be the reason you had to top up the system. Air getting in through the leak may have caused the noise. You are now seeing the water because it has got worse in the last day or so (and is filling up inside the boiler and overflowing).
    Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Attachment not found.Yep, Vokeras do fail. Here's an element I changed last winter. Replacment heat exchange cost around €150 from Heatmerchants.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭grahamo

Thanks for the help folks. It was as you said a crack in the heat exchanger, obviously any water escaping evaporated and went out the flue so this explains why there was no signs of any leaks.

Advertisement