Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Army Steyr Aug A1 discussion

Options
  • 04-02-2007 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭

Nice review :)

The AUG is a lovely gun. I'll probably pick one up myself at some stage.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I had a go of your Steyr, Liam! Have to say I was impressed too. I had never used a scope before, but after looking through the one on the AUG, I feel I need to have one on the oul FAMAS! It makes things alot easier.

I only banged a few shots at the helmets near the safe zone, but I enjoyed it. A worthwile investment!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

yeah thats the first thing i checked on it, easy to see through.

Oh and i keep getting "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

Hmm...
    Was gonna get the JG Steyr (Eventually) but I may splash out and get this if I can afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

i used it for a lot of the second game and loved it, i have to get one soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

somebody had a UNCompany Custom AUG with them up there. it was black and had a shorter barrel and a VERY nice scope. didnt get to shoot it but it felt very nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Update: .2g bb's at 30 feet full-auto do i ned to circle the holes:D
    Attachment not found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

liamo333 wrote:
    Update: .2g bb's at 30 feet full-auto do i ned to circle the holes:D
    Attachment not found.
    hmmm, that image is a dead link again. Do you attach the links, then edit in some <.img> tags, and then delete the attachments? :confused:

Try it again i edited it to make it smaller unfortunatly i cannot edit the orignal post to make the images smaller, mabey o1s1n will let me do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

How did you get a BB gun delivered to here?, I tried before from UK site and they say they cannot deliver to ROI as bb guns are illegal here.

I tried to get a Glock 17 and Sig P229 with a suppressor.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,836 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055003480

Read the rest of the forum too. There is a wealth of information now.

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055003480

Read the rest of the forum too. There is a wealth of information now.

Thanks for the link. It was around a year ago I placed the order with a UK company which I now forget the name of, a few days later I get an e-mail telling me that my order is cancelled due to bb's being illegal.

The legality post cleared that up, thanks.

Master of the Universe

Yeah a year ago that would have happened. Since August everything under 1 joule is nice and legal without a license. :)

I still can't believe it myself. Been waiting for this for so long. Had pretty much come to the conclusion that it would never happen.

Does anyone know if anyone makes the Steyr AUG A3? I have seen the Marui A2 version but I can't find an A3 anywhere.

Also is the FN SCAR-L/H out anywhere yet? I like the look of that weapon. The SCAR-H CQC is the dogs.

http://www.uncompany.com/ sell the aug a3 go to custom guns and then go to aug. BTW they start at 615us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Does anyone know if anyone makes the Steyr AUG A3? I have seen the Marui A2 version but I can't find an A3 anywhere.

Also is the FN SCAR-L/H out anywhere yet? I like the look of that weapon. The SCAR-H CQC is the dogs.

www.rsov.com has the JLS FN SCAR in Black or Tan. I ordered a black one, it arrived in Ireland on Friday. Now I'll be waiting anywhere up to 2 weeks while it rests in Portlaoise custom's dungeon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

the delivery guy will probably be covered in bb bruises

Master of the Universe

As far as I know, the gardai don't have the means to test them. There is a ballistics lab in The Phoenix Park. But do you really think every AEG is going to be sent off there? Not likely.

I'd say they open them up and make sure they're not actual firearms. There is probably a large backlog of items which have to be looked at. So your AEGs end up sitting there waiting in line to be checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

i think its more of a case of, hmm a gun, better take a closer look to make sure its not real, and then sits there until someone gets around to it

Master of the Universe

Locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Jing gong now make the army version with the 1.5x zoom at a fraction of the price of the CA one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

Yeah anyone had any incounters with these, I am most likely going to be getting one on friday, so let me know asap, please:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

The general consensus is that the Classic Army used to be better, and that Jing Gong used to be built down to a price, but their respective positions have changed completely.

JG have upped their game remarkably, and CA have gone to the dogs. The JG AUG is now reckoned to be much better than the CA one. FWIW, the CA has pretty good trademarks.

Note that the "tongue" at the top of the front grip on the CA is made from the same low-temperature casting as the rest of the barrel. This part is nowhere near strong enough and is quite likely to break at any time - even in normal use. It happened to me, and I'm very easy on hardware generally.

There's a market there for someone to make that part in steel or brass, I'd certainly pay for one. It's basically just a drilled and chamfered tube. Any metalwork students want to take that up?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

CA = overpriced pants
    JG = half the price for twice the unit

There are still CA fanbois floating about who seem blinkered and oblivious to CAs failings and only remember the good points of how they used to be. I have a couple of CA G36's, one from about two and a half years back and another from about a year ago. The difference is shocking, the older one still works rather well but the newer one has had a full replacement of all internals. Not even the gearbox case remains. Ironically for this thread, I stuck a JG box into it about six months ago and it hasn't given trouble since.
    The only thing the CA A1 has going for it are the trades along the receiver. Not really worth the extra 200 slackers for some text imprinted on the stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yeah, the old CAs are nice(I have an A1:)) but all the new CA stuff is sh1te.

Wish JG and Eirsoft existed when I bought mine(2006).

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

Well thanks to everyone for their quick replies, reassuring to know I was going for the right unit :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

just want to add to this; if your are getting the jg aug A1, get it chrono'd ASAP. got mine from tony a few weeks ago. got it chrono'd at the gathering3, and it was way too hot. had to turn the hop-up fully up to get it play-with-able, which of course made a mess of its aim. apart from that, it is great kit for buttons money.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

just want to add to this; if your are getting the jg aug A1, get it chrono'd ASAP. got mine from tony a few weeks ago. got it chrono'd at the gathering3, and it was way too hot. had to turn the hop-up fully up to get it play-with-able, which of course made a mess of its aim. apart from that, it is great kit for buttons money.

Best thing to do is contact tony and get it downgraded.
    on a seperate note , you wouldnt have been left play with it in cork , aegs are chroned onsite with the hop all the way OFF

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

horgan_p wrote: »
    Best thing to do is contact tony and get it downgraded.
    on a seperate note , you wouldnt have been left play with it in cork , aegs are chroned onsite with the hop all the way OFF

thanks for the info. i am gona go out to him shortly and get him to take a look at it for me. sort out some niggly problems. thanks for the info regards cork. it makes sense to chrono with hop-up off, as this will give the most true max velocity. i not complaining mind. the marshals were just bein nice, fiddling with things so they pass the chrono somehow. not uber-correct, but better than leaving people sitting on the sidelines all day. shame they are not chroned at point of sale. could save a lot of potential hassle and add another good point to buying locally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Bring it or send it back to be fixed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

shame they are not chroned at point of sale. could save a lot of potential hassle and add another good point to buying locally.

They are.....You must have gotten one that was overlooked.

Anyone who wants to is welcome to take a look in our stockroom, at the huge pile of guns that have the word "CHECKED" written on the side of the box in big red letters. I've been spot checked by the Gardaí on a few occasions and never had a problem.

No offence...I understand you got a dud and must have been annoyed, but I'd appreciate if you'd get your facts straight before posting BS like that on a public forum.

Advertisement