Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Really need help selling car - please! (all similar threads go in here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 markonm

Hi,

Been trying to sell an 01 Renault Kangoo, 1.4 petrol, 65K miles two v careful lady owners. It has been modified for wheelchair access and has a motorised hoist. Had it on carzone for a month at 4750 with nary a bite. It would have been a lot cheaper than any other wheelchair ramp car.

Any ideas what I should do? Is the price too much? Anywhere else to advertise? All advice welcome.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

markonm wrote: »
    Hi,

Been trying to sell an 01 Renault Kangoo, 1.4 petrol, 65K miles two v careful lady owners. It has been modified for wheelchair access and has a motorised hoist. Had it on carzone for a month at 4750 with nary a bite. It would have been a lot cheaper than any other wheelchair ramp car.

Any ideas what I should do? Is the price too much? Anywhere else to advertise? All advice welcome.

TIA

Do you know how much it costs to modify it for a wheelchair? If you do, add that cost onto other Kangoo's and see how expensive you are. It may be the case of just waiting for the right buyer. You could take better pictures of it, get it cleaned etc. and take a few shots of the interior. If you haven't had one call, I don't think it's that your over priced, just the right buyer hasn't come along.

Advertise in more places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

markonm wrote: »
    Hi,

TIA

That vehicle will be very very hard to sell. Its a very small market you'd be aiming at.

Not sure how PC this is, but try advertising on notice boards in Irish Wheelchair Association branches too? (With their permission of course)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Colour? Auto or Manual? I'd say €5,995 would help for a quick sale. If he had time, and it's very clean he could go a bit more.
    I think your about right. A quick check on carzone actually surprised me these were being advertised at 8k+!

€5995 for the manual, and another 500 quid or so if shes auto.

Apologies lads, ya she's a silver Elegance Auto. Cant believe I left out the important bits!

Might tell him 6.5k...

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

Still trying to sell my 04 Avensis. Just don't think the interest is there as I think it is priced reasonably well. Got an offfer of €6000 few weeks ago and turned it down....some clown offered me €4900 last night.

• Advertisement

I'd have taken the offer of 6 grand if i were you.

I'd have taken the offer of 6 grand if i were you.

+1

Petrol or diesel?

Tis petrol..the ad is on my sig.

slookie wrote: »

If you already had three offers of six thousand, the next one you get take it and run. Any offer over 5.5k I would take tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Still trying to sell my 04 Avensis. Just don't think the interest is there as I think it is priced reasonably well. Got an offfer of €6000 few weeks ago and turned it down....some clown offered me €4900 last night.

why are you turning down the offers of €6000? Do you have some imaginary price you feel you car is worth? If you have only been offered 6k that is what your car is worth.

Can't understand why you are insulted by an offer of just under 5k. People have to realise that a car is not worth what the owner thinks it is, its what the buyer thinks it is.

Ya maybe your right. Just when your asking price is €6800 and some guy comes and offers you €4900....grind the teeth..

Ya maybe your right. Just when your asking price is €6800 and some guy comes and offers you €4900....grind the teeth..

Im not being smart, but on one hand your complaining about people looking for good value, and on the other hand, you open a thread about wanting to buy a car in the North. Cant have it both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

trust me, i know, i sold a car recently. But i used the heavy hit on the sale to allow me to purchase something a lot cheaper than it would have been a year ago.

Its a bitter pill, but if you can't get the price you want maybe consider holding onto it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Any offer over 5.5k I would take tbh.

Big time.......the market is saturated with these. You'll regret not taking that 6k. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭coolkidd

Im thinking of selling my car and going traveling. Im not sure of what pricetag to put on the car so all opinions welcome. . . .

Basic info:
    • 2003 Ford Mondeo Zetec TDCI 2.0
    • new model interior (climate control, cd player, aux input, etc)
    • NCT 02/11
    • TAX 02/10
    • Cruise control
    • Alarm + immobiliser
    • central locking
    • All electrics
    • Diesel
    • Alloys
    Basicly its a great car to drive no probs at all, great condition. I would just like to see what i cud make for my travels.

Attachment not found.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,313 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I like the long NCT and tax. But realistically, the arse has fallen out of used car prices. I wouldn't expect to get more than about €5k for it.

As Unkel says - with 5k you would be lucky.

I recent sold a 05 2.0TDCi Steel with 100,000kms on it for 4250. It had a bit of damage, but if it was mint, it would have made 5k.
    That price was to the trade, so i'd expect to retail that car for maybe 6k.

Doesnt that 5k look attractive now? Check similar cars on the web, and price it competitively. Only the cars that look like bargains are selling at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Not mine, but pretty please value an Astra Twintop "Design" 1.8, 2006, 26k km, mint. The Twintop is a 3 piece metal folding roof convertible. I know the asking rate on Carzone, want to set realistic expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,313 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Didn't we used to have a "help me sell my car" thread? I feel a merge of this one into that one coming up :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭coolkidd

so really the best i can be hoping for is 5 grand!!!! where is the best and quickest way to sell???

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

coolkidd wrote: »
    so really the best i can be hoping for is 5 grand!!!! where is the best and quickest way to sell???

adverts.ie free
    carsireland.ie free
    whatcar.ie free
    buyandsell.ie free
    gumtree.ie free
    donedeal.ie €3
    cbg.ie €30
    carzone.ie €40

Obviously enough you can expect more response (and scammers) from the fee-paying sites, but then again you can get suprising results from the free ones so give them a go first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭Quandary

id say 5K is about as good as you'll get - just had a look at carzone.ie and theres a lot of mondeos like yours for sale. If you want a quick sale your best bet is to undercut the rest & even then it will be difficult i would imagine!

A couple of years ago i was trying to sell an immaculate Audi A4 - 1.9tdi with low mileage. I advertised it in carzone & cbg with lots of pics. in the bottom 10% of the prices. Honestly there was no better value one advertised and i didnt get a single call in a whole month about it!!!

Very tough time to sell a car - id advertise it online straight away if i were you, just to see if you get any calls!

Best of luck with it m8....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Probably just a little under €5k but if you want to go travelling any time this century then I'd pitch it at €4250 with a view to taking €4k

unkel wrote: »
    Didn't we used to have a "help me sell my car" thread? I feel a merge of this one into that one coming up :)

There was, but I can't seem to find it. I'll merge them when I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Done!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Hey guys, quick question, realistically whatcha reckon I could shift the following for;

Silver 2003 Toyota Corolla 1.4
    Luna Spec (fog lights, alloys, a/c etc)
    5 door
    79k miles

Got it a year ago for 7.5k (well below what anything similar was going for at the time) so if I could recoup that amount I'd be happy with a year of "free" motorting. NCT was just done too.

Carzone has them from like 6k right up to 9k, the lower end seem to be pretty poor condition and spec. The higher prices seem to be good examples of the Terra trim level and some Lunas.

I'd be happy enough to hang onto it, but if I could shift it for what I got it for I'd probably get a decent enough deal on something with a bit more poke!!

Cheers!

Hanley wrote: »
    Hey guys, quick question, realistically whatcha reckon I could shift the following for;

Silver 2003 Toyota Corolla 1.4
    Luna Spec (fog lights, alloys, a/c etc)
    5 door
    79k miles

Got it a year ago for 7.5k (well below what anything similar was going for at the time) so if I could recoup that amount I'd be happy with a year of "free" motorting. NCT was just done too.

Carzone has them from like 6k right up to 9k, the lower end seem to be pretty poor condition and spec. The higher prices seem to be good examples of the Terra trim level and some Lunas.

I'd be happy enough to hang onto it, but if I could shift it for what I got it for I'd probably get a decent enough deal on something with a bit more poke!!

Cheers!

Irrelevant to what people may think, Corolla's are making mad money. I've been on the look out for one for the last month for a friend, the cheapest 02 I can get it around 5k. 03's seems to be making around 6k. If it's clean, it should sell fairly quick. If you're willing to sell it for 5k, I've a buyer waiting for you;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Irrelevant to what people may think, Corolla's are making mad money. I've been on the look out for one for the last month for a friend, the cheapest 02 I can get it around 5k. 03's seems to be making around 6k. If it's clean, it should sell fairly quick. If you're willing to sell it for 5k, I've a buyer waiting for you;)

Hahaha thanks.... I'm not asking what it's worth, just what I'll get for it :D:D

Gonna have to graciously refuse the offer I'm afraid... I don't really need to sell it, but if I can I can.

Anyone else got any input?

• Advertisement

Hanley wrote: »
    Hahaha thanks.... I'm not asking what it's worth, just what I'll get for it :D:D

Gonna have to graciously refuse the offer I'm afraid... I don't really need to sell it, but if I can I can.

Anyone else got any input?

But no seriously, if you don't need to sell it, them hold onto it for another year. The way things are gone now, trying to sell it would only end up in people constantly offering you trade in's, wasting your time and spammers. Also with the cost of advertising (on the well known sites anyway) it wouldn't make sense if your not really pushed to sell. If you are to sell, I wouldn't expect to get 7750, or anywhere near that. 6.5k to take 6k would be what I'd be hoping for.

Don't look at carzone for pricing, a Corolla of that era is probably one of the highest imported cars. The 02's can't be got as there were not as many (the first year of the new shape) and 03's are being imported if they can't be got here.

All in all, if you don't need to sell, or don't have a reason Ie. you just saw a car you like etc., save the hassle and keep it.

Advertisement