Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some clearence on the reloading issue???

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Rovi wrote: »
    Just to clarify, what Grizzly is hinting at is that the 'super cube' trucks that can't use the Port Tunnel are taller than conventional trucks, not heavier.
    They do no more or less damage than any other articulated truck.
    rrpc wrote: »
    Actually they have damaged quite a number of railway bridges, the one on East Wall road being the most notable.
    Oh all right then, no more damage to the road (which was the original statement) than any other articulated truck. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Said the personel security gaurd Company owner who happens to be have been driving on them this time last week,and is going back to them next week.Has seen plenty of super trucks on the Auto stradas,Autobahnen,and hasnt encounterd a pot hole on any of them for appx 2000 kmh worth of driving on both highways,second class roads and country roads[which road surfaces are better nick than our M50].Nor would a pothole be allowed to exist..You hit one doing 140kmh plus and the results could be intresting..
    Dont know where your engineers have been observing.But it sure isnt Germany,Italy or France.Maybe the East part of Europe.But deffo not in the West.
    You see Sparks roads over there were built to take Military vechicles,like 50 tonne tanks doing a top speed whenever possible to stop the Red hordes should they have decided to visit.If there is going to be anything tearing up a road with vibration it is a tank convoy.[Ask Manic Moran,he drives one.:)] So they are built to pretty ecxacting standards.Still are too.
    Bottom line is dont belive all "experts" in engineering or shooting either ,it would seem.

Offical open war,between the UK and Irl. Heavens!!Then it would proably have been best that as many Irish people were armed...Bass Ackwards again..Just for a point,how many legally held big cal rifles and handguns were there in the State at the time compared to now??

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

There was plenty of noise, but no progress. The difficulty was that whilst the 'troubles' were going on, the minute the temporary custody order was overturned for not being temporary, it would have been replaced with another one. Net result a lot of cost and no result.

But the trouble is then..why was there another ten year lull .Post good Friday??Before anyone made noise and took court actions.PIRA was on Ceasefire apart from the splinter groups,Ditto the Loyalists.So why were not even tentative feelers put out by DOJ to return the guns confiscated or given up to the Gardai??

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Grizzly, are you actually comparing the Autobahn to the Port Tunnel? Seriously?

Look, have a chat with Professor Smith in Imperial College London (which is pretty much the top european university for civil engineering research). His estimate (and his opinion on this is worth more than yours for the same reason your opinion on technical aspects of firearms is worth more than the Minister's) is that one LHV does 4.7 times the damage to roads and road structures (bridges, etc) than the average HGV we're all used to driving around. The actual statistics show that the LHVs are more than twice as likely to be involved in a fatal accident on the roads than regular HGVs because of the larger blind spots and poorer handling. And they weigh 60 tonnes, not 50, so they're over the design spec for even the Autobahn. The M50 was not designed to move battle tanks - even ordinary HGVs are pushing it really - so just because the Autobahn could take it doesn't mean our roads could, and german road engineering is substantially superior to ours.

And the Autobahn was designed to move battle tanks for a very short period of time by the way. It wasn't designed to let them drive on it at full speed every day. And it was designed for much, much lighter vehicles, don't forget. And in fact, had modern tanks ever been using it at speed, it would have been in full retreat while being pursued by the "Red Horde" instead of the other way round (that was the standard battle plan in Germany for NATO forces - fall back in a delaying action to let more NATO forces get across the Atlantic before the Warsaw Pact forces made it to the coast), and they'd have been blowing up the road as they retreated. So saying that a tank could drive on the autobahn is, well, utterly irrelevant to the day-to-day usage of the road.

And for fits and giggles? The average LHV causes about 160,000 times the damage of an average car to the road it's driving on. The weight-to-damage-caused relationship is not linear.

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Offical open war,between the UK and Irl. Heavens!!Then it would proably have been best that as many Irish people were armed.
    Are you cracked? Civilians against troops with artillery and armour and air support? What kind of Walter Mitty crap is that?
    Just for a point,how many legally held big cal rifles and handguns were there in the State at the time compared to now??
    More then than now, but I don't have the exact figures to hand. Search through the PQs on the dail eireann website though, that should turn them up.
    But the trouble is then..why was there another ten year lull .Post good Friday?
    Because we said, when offered the return of air and smallbore pistols, that we wanted all or nothing. Not feelers, not tentative talks, an actual offer. On the table. And rejected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sandy22

Sparks wrote: »
    Because we said, when offered the return of air and smallbore pistols, that we wanted all or nothing. Not feelers, not tentative talks, an actual offer. On the table. And rejected.

Mark,

Have you actual evidence of this? If you do I'd be interested to see it. For it seems to me that a significantly different view could be taken depending on exactly what was the "offer" and the rejection.

Sandy.

Er Ever hear of Gureilla warfare Sparks????We were pretty good it last time against the Brits were here.Even the Iraquis are giving the US a run in Iraq.Not to mind the Vietnamese...

Apprently there were LESS legally registerd handguns here pre 1972 than post.

Check out the big brain on Sparks!!You are one smart muthafuka aint you??[misquoting Sam Jackson from Pulp Fiction]:)

Sorry Sparks on this one I do know what I am talking about.My cousin was a tank commander [Leopard 1 and 2]and the specs given are the Autobahn CAN take over 80 METRIC Tonnes per laneway.They were designed from the bottom up as military transport routes in the 3rd reich,and that concept hasnt changed.BTW it is questionable wether the Red hordes would have even made across the border,considering that 40% at any given time of their equipment was inop.

Anyway I am comparing your ludcrious statement that trucks damage roads in Europe to the same dimwitedness of not building a tunnel able to handle ultra large vechicles with the same fashion of thought concerning the DOJ.
    And no I wouldnt dare comparing the Autobahn to the port Tunnel.Any German engineer who created that leaky mess would be looking for a new job,and the govt for it's money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Sethur

Er Ever hear of Gureilla warfare Sparks????We were pretty good it last time against the Brits were here.Even the Iraquis are giving the US a run in Iraq.Not to mind the Vietnamese...

Apprently there were LESS legally registerd handguns here pre 1972 than post.

Check out the big brain on Sparks!!You are one smart muthafuka aint you??[misquoting Sam Jackson from Pulp Fiction]:)

Sorry Sparks on this one I do know what I am talking about.My cousin was a tank commander [Leopard 1 and 2]and the specs given are the Autobahn CAN take over 80 METRIC Tonnes per laneway.They were designed from the bottom up as military transport routes in the 3rd reich,and that concept hasnt changed.BTW it is questionable wether the Red hordes would have even made across the border,considering that 40% at any given time of their equipment was inop.

Anyway I am comparing your ludcrious statement that trucks damage roads in Europe to the same dimwitedness of not building a tunnel able to handle ultra large vechicles with the same fashion of thought concerning the DOJ.
    And no I wouldnt dare comparing the Autobahn to the port Tunnel.Any German engineer who created that leaky mess would be looking for a new job,and the govt for it's money back.

Attachment not found.

Jes*s Grizzly will you put your hand between your legs and pull yourself together. What the hell (has Guerrilla warfare, My cousin was a tank commander, Autobahn to the port Tunnel) got to do with reloading, get back on track or into the tunnel and give us all a break

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

To qoute Robert Oppenheimer after seening the 1st nuclear explosion

We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried. Most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita; Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty, and to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of boards' I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.

Sorry for the port tunnel example:o it has grown legs;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Gunter Mauser

Are you going to yap all day
    or going to bight
    Little doggie!

MR Blond.

• Advertisement

Sandy22 wrote: »
    Mark,
    Have you actual evidence of this?
    Just Dave's word on it Sandy. From what he said, the offer was made verbally in a meeting with the NRPAI and was turned down by them to pursue fullbore stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Sparks wrote: »
    Just Dave's word on it Sandy. From what he said, the offer was made verbally in a meeting with the NRPAI and was turned down by them to pursue fullbore stuff.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

the offer was made verbally in a meeting with the NRPAI and was turned down by them to pursue fullbore stuff.

Was that offer made as an outcome to the negotiations and turned down or a "you can have this anyway - now back to the negotiaitions" and turned down?

B'Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Gunter Mauser

My cousin was a tank commander [Leopard 1 and 2]and the specs given are the Autobahn CAN take over 80 METRIC Tonnes per laneway.They were designed from the bottom up as military transport routes in the 3rd reich. Quote Grizzly

Achtung Achtung!...... Panzer Villie zee var ess ovorr >Hitler is Kaput..... 1945......valter zoo de knut...dot dot dot.... Fake Autoban 9 zoo Berlin Snell snell vool:mad:

My cousin was a tank commander [Leopard 1 and 2]and the specs given are the Autobahn CAN take over 80 METRIC Tonnes per laneway.They were designed from the bottom up as military transport routes in the 3rd reich. Quote Grizzly

Achtung Achtung!...... Panzer Villie zee var ess ovorr >Hitler is Kaput..... 1945......valter zoo de knut...dot dot dot.... Fake Autoban 9 zoo Berlin Snell snell vool:mad:

Gunter Mauser ver is dgeneral grizzly gone is he reloading in ze bunker for ze leorard tank. Vot charzing is ze using for this.

Snell snell vool:mad: ze russians aaaaare coming ver is mine helmut cheese

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

Some clearence on the reloading issue??? instead this thread is starting to look more like Dads Army on the web.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

sein nicht so das komische Bilden eines Witzs über Deutsch:rolleyes:

chem wrote: »
    sein nicht so das komische Bilden eines Witzs über Deutsch:rolleyes:

its not so the strange forming of a joke over German

hello hello Dont mention ze var.

Bananaman wrote: »
    Was that offer made as an outcome to the negotiations and turned down or a "you can have this anyway - now back to the negotiaitions" and turned down?
    I was told it was an outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

wtf

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement