Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TM/JG G3 help needed

Options
  • 23-06-2008 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭

my jing gong G3RAS refuses to fire out of the box, need help..will give specifics after reply

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Is the battery charged?
    Connected properly?
    Are you using a high cap? have you wound it up?
    Is it making any noise at all when you pull the trigger?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

will give specifics after reply? whats te point in that? nobody can offer you any advice if you not telling us what is happening with the gun., ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

whats the point in giving specifics if nobody will reply!!! but you are correct this time ha....

battery is carged(apparently)
    connected properly
    mag is wound
    makes an attempt at firing but just a click in single fire

i think its because i have the wrong adapter becuase it is not a euro charger

theres a body pin near the mag well, you'll need a flat head screw driver to remove it, take it out and remove the mag, you should now be aboe to pull the reciever away from the front end altogether. when you do that, get you'll be able to see the gearbox and intenals then. Get your hands on something like a kniting needle, long allen key etc and insert it into the air nozzle at the front of the gearbox, push the piston all the way back as far as you can and while holding it back fire the gun, you should only hear the gears turning over and it wont actually fire. now release the piston slowly and remove the implement you used, from the air nozzle and try to fire the gun as normal, it should work then.,

vtec wrote: »
    theres a body pin near the mag well, you'll need a flat head screw driver to remove it, take it out and remove the mag, you should now be aboe to pull the reciever away from the front end altogether. when you do that, get you'll be able to see the gearbox and intenals then. Get your hands on something like a kniting needle, long allen key etc and insert it into the air nozzle at the front of the gearbox, push the piston all the way back as far as you can and while holding it back fire the gun, you should only hear the gears turning over and it wont actually fire. now release the piston slowly and remove the implement you used, from the air nozzle and try to fire the gun as normal, it should work then.,

l hope i dont break it
    :o

• Advertisement

wen i removed the reciever i noticed that one of the two cables coming from the fuse boxwas disconected(the black cable with red stripe) it is a little electrical connection that wouldnt be there if they didn have to be connected....the second cable is connected to one of two cables comin from the reciever using the same cmall connection on the other(disconnected) cables??? is this my problem

yeah that shoulds like it, join it back up and try to fire it.,

nope no effect, its like there is no power going through atal no noise no nothing, whatever juice the battery had is gone

have you checked the fuse? or bypassed it to try it?

have you checked the fuse? or bypassed it to try it?

enlighten me please??? how do i do both of those

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Has to be the fuse..

take out the fuse from its little holder and clip the 2 ends of the wire together, done.,:)

so why do they send me an item with a dead fuse??? it was like this outta the box??? it also had bbs in the chamber and the selector was on full auto...lucky theres a hardware across the road:D

take out the fuse from its little holder and clip the 2 ends of the wire together, done.,:)

so clip in the 2 ends where the fuse used to be???

yeah exactly.,

having BBs in it just shows that they bothered to test it, the fuse might have been a bit fragile and taken a knock in the post or something.,:)

is the fuse important?? i paid for an upgrade and if the fuse was a part of it im ringing them tomorow for some satisfactory cash back lol

no not really, i often remove the fuses from my guns altogether if im limited with space, the fuse can only go in 2 situations really, either the fuse is faulty and blows, which is pointless cos theres nothing wrong with your gun,

or,
    Something is wrong with your gun, and the fuse blew, so either way your gun is still broken.,lol

The fuse is really just a weaker link in the line, designed that way so that if a reason for it to blow i.e. a short its blows, normally with some blackening around the break in the fuse. It also can break through a jolt or sudden bang as it travels through the post.

If it turns out to be broken, for what ever reason they are readily available from motor accessorie shops or motor factors. Normally the cylindrical glass type with a rating of 20 amps normally, not a bad idea to pick up a few spares anyway. Best of luck with it.

or as Vtec says above, if its blown(for what ever reason) if its removed from that line, and the the two ends of that line are brought together and it works, well then its definately the fuse that failed. You better ask Vtec if you should have a fuse inline or not.

wel its not my battery because it was warm after charging... G-dammit!!! i always get broken stuff off the net??? gimme a break!!! can i not just bring this fuse to the hardware and get a new one???

yeah their easy to get, car shops and DIY places will have them.,

• Advertisement

so if i get a new fuse and it doesnt work its the new upgraded inner workings that are faulty yes??? can eirsoft do repairs???

Have you removed the glass fuse and have you had a close look at it?

Attachment not found.

The lower picture is an intact glass fuse, when blown or broken the metal strip between the endcaps is broken with normally some blackening, or the the glass tube is broken altogether! metal strip as well! (I know cos I break them all the time) have a closer look at that fuse.

G3-Nut wrote: »
    so if i get a new fuse and it doesnt work its the new upgraded inner workings that are faulty yes??? can eirsoft do repairs???

yeah if ya dont get it sorted with a new fuse bring it up to eirsoft. I hear the repair guy there is fantastic!

:D

yep my fuse is fine so its the AEG..time to head ta eirsoft!!! thanks for the help lads appreciate it

it might not actually be a working fuse though, ive seen faulty fuses loads of times that look like their ok, try it by bypassing the fuse first and see what happens, if the gun dont fore then its not the fuse.,

yeah agreed, i've been stumped by what appeared to be a healthy fuse. whip it out, connect the two ends of the wire together, endcap to endcap if you have to, pull the trigger and see does it cycle.

Sorry guys, I've got to head for the hills. Will check in tomorrow and see how you get on, I'm sure its something simple, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

yeah if ya dont get it sorted with a new fuse bring it up to eirsoft. I hear the repair guy there is fantastic!

:D

Absolutely shameless lol :p

Advertisement