Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Central Heating... help needed!!

Options
  • 24-06-2008 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, I am currently extending my house with a two storey extension. Original central heating loop is in original building on groundfloor. I am intending to extend this loop in to new section of building (ground floor) but am unsure of the best way to feed to new rads on second floor. Twin coil copper cylinder is being moved to second floor (heated by oil and solid fuel). Should I "T" off the pipes from the original loop and make a seperate loop upstairs or feed all the radiators upstairs from the downstairs loop (or am I on the wrong track altogether?!?) would be so grateful for any help on this!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

In my system , a two storey house there are two pipes coming out of the boiler for heat and return. They are teed off to go upstairs to the hot press via 3/4 inch pipe.
    A loop then goes through the copper cylinder while all the radiators are fed off a manifold. This means that each radiator has its own feed and return from the manifold.
    Will your boiler cope with the increased number of radiators.
    Also are you going to put in zones for upstairs, downstairs and hot water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

I'm assuming that your existing system is an atmospheric one (ie, not pressurised) In that case the following layout will work.

Note that some people like to have the circulating pump in the flow rather than the return. Personally I am not too keen on that as i have known it to cause leaks.

Attachment not found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 miss-placed

excellent!! thanks a million...

Advertisement