Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GalwayExpert.net

Options
  • 14-07-2008 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey all, I would be very grateful for some feedback on this new website

http://www.galwayexpert.net

It is a new Social Networking & Business Networking website that I have been working on for the past year in my spare time. It is a Beta version which means it is not the official or complete version yet, this is a testing period to get rid of bugs, improve features, add new content / widgets and to grow the community (membership is free).
    It is only for Galway but for any social networkers out there, this might appeal to you.

Looking forward to meeting up with ye guys again at another beer fest shindig soon! This site is completely community driven, send me the lists of what you would like to add, change or improve on!

Which Social Network do you use the most?

Sign in to vote!
    This is a private poll: no-one will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

boards.ie > Tech > Web > Web Development & Design

It doesn't say what it's for. Elaborate more.
    "Welcome to the GalwayExpert.net. This site will help you ......."

Frontpage flash not displaying for me, FF 20015

What significance has your poll above to your site pimp?

Anyway, very ambitious, best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

My very first impression of the front page is that I have no idea what its about... is it a Galway portal? A business directory? A social networking site? Or a combination of these? There is nothing to really tempt me to sign up. The information requested on the Registration page looks like the same stuff asked on LinkedIn, is there some similarity there?

A paragraph explaining what the site is about, placed prominently on the front page, would go a long way.

Edit: biko beat me to it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 wavestorm

Thanks for the heads up on the flash on the frontpage, It works here but something must be wrong with it, I used the latest Flash CS 3 to publish it.

The website is a combination of social and business (your right about its like LinkedIn). The poll is for feedback to which type of social network that Galway folks use the most and this helps me keep GalwayExpert.net in line with that as its a community site not my views on how it should look and work. Thats the theory :rolleyes:

Again thats all good feedback and having some information on what the site is all about on the frontpage.

Keep up that kind feedback, as its good stuff!

Thanks !

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement