Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mystery Building

Options
  • 31-08-2008 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,053 ✭✭✭✭

Was driving up the R590 a couple of days ago and spotted this old building. Have any of you Cork folks any info on it?

Attachment not found.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

thats on the Bandon Crookstown road, its an old gate lodge for the residence that you see behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,053 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Thanks - I assumed that it was, but was wondering if there's any interesting history associated with it etc. It seems a very unusual building. It's ironic that in some places, the gate lodges are still standing, whereas the big houses have been reduced to charred rubble - after getting torched in the good old days. The Crookstown place seems to be the opposite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

I live near there. TheDriver is right, its an old lodge, you can see the house up behind it, massive place altogether.

Thanks, but do you know what the name of the big house is, or who lived there in the good old days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

I know the family who live there.. I will check with them to see if they know any interisting facts/stories about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Isn't it a small world altogether!
    Gubby: Theres mad road works going on there at the moment in case you're popping up for tea!

TheDriver wrote: »
    Isn't it a small world altogether!
    Gubby: Theres mad road works going on there at the moment in case you're popping up for tea!

No time for tea - my curiosity must be quenched.:P

Advertisement