Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever taken Ecstasy / MDMA?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

What is it with cocaine use in this country in recent years? I can honestly say that even around a small town in the South of Kerry I have seen use go through the roof. One local pub smeared bleach on the toilet and the amount of locals who came out with a dose of streaming eyes was amazing.

Whats the selling point? The users become boring, or some of the drunker ones get a little bit bananas. Who has told people its clever or cool to use this utter ****e? I just can't see the angle in it, its the most pointless craze in a long time. Jesus, drink yourself into the gutter, at least its sociable. I'm pretty open minded, each to their own, but I'd just love to catch coke takers and shake them and tell them don't believe the hype.

Where abouts in Kerry? I travel down that way sometimes for work. Great county.. Dingle in particular for me when I was about 16 as I have fond memories of a tent and some young one from Cork! Anyway...

I really can't understand either the big deal with coke. I know so many people who spend fortunes every weekend on a buzz that is basically a full-circle chase all night long. There are exceptions though, I did a lot of some very strong and enjoyable stuff back in around 2000 but everything since then has been a waste of breath... literally :pac:

But it seems to be rampant nationwide, so there must be some appeal.

In my day, £15-£20 for a White Dove and be buzzin' all night long :D (well, until I needed to increase the dosage, oh and when cocktails seemed a good idea, but thats another story!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 stallone

gateway drugs are for mugs!!!

get a lif:rolleyes:e stoners and take up a sport!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

What will be interesting is seeing what all the E etc users will be like when they hit 50+ I don't mean the odd pill here and there. I mean the 2 or 3+ a go brigade nearly every weekend for months at a time.

I have this funny feeling they are going to cause a huge resource issue on the old health service.

Then again maybe not :D

stallone wrote: »

Stoners?

Where? Who?

This thread is about ecstasy/mdma.

As for sports, yes, it is true that no sports player has ever taken drugs...

_39258876_seoul1988_203x152.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Stoners?

Where? Who?

This thread is about ecstasy/mdma.

As for sports, yes, it is true that no sports player has ever taken drugs...

_39258876_seoul1988_203x152.jpg

that gets my post of the week award!

I may sound like a cheerleader for drug use, which would be entirely incorrect. I just think the suggestion that somehow sports and drugs are two worlds that never meet and one could clean themselves through sport was rubbish. Especially from someone who labels E/MDMA takers as 'stoners'!

Especially from someone who labels E/MDMA takers as 'stoners'!

yeah i would have thought a sporty person would be attracted to the speedy rush of dancing for hours and sweating a lot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

What will be interesting is seeing what all the E etc users will be like when they hit 50+ I don't mean the odd pill here and there. I mean the 2 or 3+ a go brigade nearly every weekend for months at a time.

I have this funny feeling they are going to cause a huge resource issue on the old health service.

Insert smoke/drink/fast food users here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭electrofilth

dunno bout most other "pill heads" like myself, but i caned it for ten years on and off,still do every so often and guess I am part of that "Brigade" you talk about, Daithi. But these days, whilst i still dabble, I follow a vegan diet, jog, do weights, do yoga and meditation, so i cant but help thinking your average lager lout who gets lamped and and has a **** diet in general will be a bigger resource issue on the old health service.To bring that point even further, people with ****ty diets will be a way bigger strain on the HSEs accounts than the odd pill head who took it too far. Not that I am taking your comment personally, its just so ward you off from getting too attached to your ol' tarred brush.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

tman wrote: »
    I've got a friend from Yorkshire who sticks them in a syringe and injects them into his mouth...

He calls it "E by gum"

i dont believe that for a second, the binding chemicals combined with the fact that its near impossible to come by pure mdma would have seriously notable negative effects on his gums straight away..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

i dont believe that for a second, the binding chemicals combined with the fact that its near impossible to come by pure mdma would have seriously notable negative effects on his gums straight away..
    i hope you realise that was a joke?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I've been on and off the dance scene only for the last 5-6 years, and no I haven't taken any yokes ever. I love music for the music.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I can't get enough of them! 8 years and still going strong. Pm's welcome, as I have none atm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭shooter1978

YIS ARE ALL MAD - DRUGS WILL CAUSE ALOT OF MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEMS IN YEARS TO COME , AS POSTED LOVE THE MUSIC FOR THE MUSIC , WONT HEAR ALOT OF MUSIC WHEN YOUR DEAD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭crazzzzy

whats all d big fuss?? if people wanna use recreational drugs on nites out its their own business. ya, its illegal but thats just making d drug gang feuds worse. id prefer meet sme1 off their head than stupid drunk coz drunks r often angry & lookin 4 fight but drug takers r usually 2 chilled out r buzzing 2 care bout kicking sme1s head in. drugs r a part of society & its not gonna change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Just out of curiosity, what does being on E feel like? Probably stupid question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

DEmeant0r wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, what does being on E feel like? Probably stupid question.

Heart beats faster, you feel more energetic. You can't help but notice the beauty of everything around you, you feel warm and tingly, you just want to enjoy being with all these people around you, you recognise the good in everyone and you want to tell them. You smile and feel a true connection to the music. That's when you come up.

When you come down its kind of like some of those things keep going whilst others start winding down at different rates, you feel tired but full of energy.. like when you're exhausted so drink 4 cups of coffee. your teeth start grinding slightly, you become aware that the night is coming to a close and the best thing for you now would be sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

thats like a wikipedia explanation!

yes drunks are worse , if people wanna take drugs yes it is there own business but understand the effects these tablets have on your health , i know many people who take these drugs and would not look down on them , however i lost a close friend many years back to the drug . ye never think it can happen to you but it can , people know nothing about the drug or what **** there mixed with

Kold wrote: »
    Heart beats faster, you feel more energetic. You can't help but notice the beauty of everything around you, you feel warm and tingly, you just want to enjoy being with all these people around you, you recognise the good in everyone and you want to tell them. You smile and feel a true connection to the music. That's when you come up.

When you come down its kind of like some of those things keep going whilst others start winding down at different rates, you feel tired but full of energy.. like when you're exhausted so drink 4 cups of coffee. your teeth start grinding slightly, you become aware that the night is coming to a close and the best thing for you now would be sleep.

yeah but instead you pop a few more and keep going the whole next day !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

jenkem is where its at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

stallone wrote: »
    gateway drugs are for mugs!!!

Trolling is for mugs!!!

Get a life, loser, and take up intelligent posting!!!

Also, I do several sports.
    DEmeant0r wrote: »
    I love music for the music.

I too love music for the music.

I also love drugs. I don't think anyone has implied that anyone here would not be into electronic music were it not for drugs.
    YIS ARE ALL MAD - DRUGS WILL CAUSE ALOT OF MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEMS IN YEARS TO COME

IT'S HARD TO TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY, COMING FROM SOMEONE WHO CAN'T WORK THEIR CAPS LOCK KEY.

Helix wrote: »
    jenkem is where its at
    oh man that has to be the most disgusting thing ive read about in a long while:D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

seannash wrote: »
    oh man that has to be the most disgusting thing ive read about in a long while:D
    I stopped reading after the second paragraph

Zascar wrote: »
    I stopped reading after the second paragraph
    wise decision my man:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

WONT HEAR ALOT OF MUSIC WHEN YOUR DEAD

well obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

YIS ARE ALL MAD - DRUGS WILL CAUSE ALOT OF MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEMS IN YEARS TO COME , AS POSTED LOVE THE MUSIC FOR THE MUSIC , WONT HEAR ALOT OF MUSIC WHEN YOUR DEAD

I'd suspect I'm more likely to die driving back, sober, from a gig than from any drugs taken at it. As is it I had a serious car crash on the way TO a tech trance gig...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭leiwand

i love electronic music but when taking ecstacy have found i am chasing a buzz that i can feel more easily without taking anything.it creates a nice feeling at times but also freaks me out a bit!

well sorry about the caps thing as i am only new to this , as posted before yis are all mad , i dont think there is any good from taking them- just my opinion , ime sure people have there own reasons

well sorry about the caps thing as i am only new to this , as posted before yis are all mad , i dont think there is any good from taking them- just my opinion , ime sure people have there own reasons
    but what good does drinking do ya,eating a big fry,sitting in front of the telly every night?none right but noone lectures those people(not saying your lecturing)
    were all gonna die of something,like has been said before theres a way bigger chance of getting in a car accident and dying than there is off a drug related death.for pe0ple to say that years from now people are gonna die from taking yokes when there older is a bit silly.go stand outside your local chipper and see how many peple go in there and stuff there gob with food that in the long run will cause more deaths than someone who drops on a night out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭jiltloop

pad180 wrote: »
    Attachment not found. they make them like they used to :D
    Haha the guy in the foreground looks like stevie gerard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Yes, think about 6 times now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    drugs are pointless,a waste of money and a societies biggest problem
    Heroin is possibly Dublin's biggest problem... possibly. Ecstasy/MDMA certainly are not.
    You took them, you're not really in a position to diss others taking them... :)
    jtsuited wrote: »
    The reason I don't mess with them now is simply my head chemistry is very very vulnerable to depression (i have been very ill before with it), and i don't want to mess with the balance.
    I wouldn't be comfortable with taking E/MDMA because I'd be worried about the comedown, but that doesn't mean others are the same as me so I'm not gonna have a go at them for doing something I'd rather not do, just because it makes me feel left out or whatever.
    And anyone who has ever taken a non-drowsy tablet has taken speed... :)
    You can't help but notice the beauty of everything around you, you feel warm and tingly, you just want to enjoy being with all these people around you, you recognise the good in everyone and you want to tell them.
    Alcohol makes me like that... :)
    i lost a close friend many years back to the drug
    Ecstasy?
    The likelihood of ecstasy killing someone is EXTREMELY small - and if it happened it would be due to overdosing, not simply one or even more than one.
    ye never think it can happen to you but it can , people know nothing about the drug or what **** there mixed with
    I don't get the "mixed with" argument - would a dealer really cut something with a deadly substance and possibly kill a buyer? If you're trying to make money it wouldn't be a very good idea to eliminate customers...
    The media blow things up though and we tend to get sucked in by it - doesn't mean it's true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Dazd_N_Confusd

jtsuited wrote: »
    drugs shmrugs.

Alcohol's a drug. Caffeine's a drug. Nicotine's a drug. Solpadeine is a drug (which works as a quite effective stimulant by the way - just be careful the active ingredient is codeine which is an opiate)

The demonisation of illegal drugs in the 20th century was very much promoted by the emergence of regulated pharmacy as a commercial entity.

The tabloid media love a bit of moral outrage about anything. It was ecstacy in the 90's, it's now paedophilia and footballers sexual deviance (dogging etc.).

The mathematical probability of dying from taking ecstacy alone (not the overheating etc.) is so slim that it would be considered negligible if it were sold as a prescription drug.

The reason I don't mess with them now is simply my head chemistry is very very vulnerable to depression (i have been very ill before with it), and i don't want to mess with the balance. It's the same reason I rarely drink.

On a more personal level, I don't mind people on pills at all. It's far worse when they're hammered drunk or coked up to the eyeballs.

As far as the correlation between dance music and ecstacy goes:
    Yes they are linked inextricably (although not as heavily as in the past).

But alcohol is linked with rock n roll, and traditional irish music (when was the last time you were at a trad session or rock gig and there wasn't alcohol being consumed in unhealthy amounts by the majority of the crowds?)

And reggae is linked with Cannabis.

So different music is linked with different drugs. And unfortunately the one dance music is associated with is illegal and demonised by certain elements of the media.

Not a big deal really. Don't know why people have such moral convictions about certain drugs and not others.

If you want to look at a highly dangerous drug that kills millions every year, costs the health system unbelievable amounts of money, and encourages violence amongst other social problems, look at alcohol.

But I can have the odd night out, get fairly hammered, not end up in a fight, and everything is fine. Just like other people can go out, take a few pills, have a great time, and get up the next morning and go on living life.

Just because a moronic government tells me what is legal and illegal, doesn't effect the morality of the consumption of ANY drug.
    Well said.

Drug abuse should be treated as a health issue, not a criminal issue. I find it ridiculous that societies can legalize tobacco and alcohol yet LSD, ecstasy and cannabis are illegal. I'm still not sure where I stand in regards to harder drugs. I think drug legalization would remove the criminal aspect of drug use and also lead to better regulation of drugs in circulation.

I would describe myself as a libertarian in that I feel a person should be allowed to do what they want provided nobody is directly harmed by their actions. Then again, if heroin was legalized would everyone start using it? I don't think so but I think governments should definitely look at legalizing drugs that have less addictive and overdose potential then current legal drugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Dudess wrote: »
    Alcohol makes me like that... :)

Ecstasy?
    The likelihood of ecstasy killing someone is EXTREMELY small - and if it happened it would be due to overdosing, not simply one or even more than one.

Alcohol makes me either depressed or horny or depressed because of how horny I am. Well.. In excessive amounts.

I actually had a close mate die after taking MDMA not so long ago, it wasn't the stuff, wasn't an overdose, nor dehydration, it was literally one of those 1 in 10,000 things. Heart defect. He'd taken pills many times before. It happens, and it's sad that it happens but it really has quite a low fatality rate in the long run.

As far as the comedown goes, MDMA gave me none to speak of really but pills have and it's not the hell that some people describe (at least, if it isn't a habit..) Think of it as a horrible hangover where instead of pain and anger, it's more like you've run out of joy and you're really tired. I hate when speed or BZP has been added.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Arguably, he died of an undetected heart defect that could have been set off by anything that increased heart rate - there was the tragic case of a basketballer dying due to Red Bull increasing his heart rate here some years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ73KS0uxlY

better to watch when you're in as bad a state as this guy :D

Alcohol makes me... horny
    Yeah, me too. It makes me really happy and loved up, as does weed. Therefore I'd be nervous that ecstasy, MDMA and other amphetamines would have a negative effect.

Yeah, me too. It makes me really happy and loved up, as does weed. Therefore I'd be nervous that ecstasy, MDMA and other amphetamines would have a negative effect.
    Why so?

MDMA makes you appreciate the difference between pleasure and happiness/love. Alcohol and weed, to me, are drugs which induce pleasure, you feel nice, you feel relaxed and as a result of this, in the right setting, you feel happy.

However, while alcohol and weed induce pleasure/relaxation, which in turn potentially induce happiness, MDMA is happiness. It's the feeling you got when you were 8 years old and got some video game you really wanted for Christmas, or you get after you've just kissed a girl/guy you really like for the first time, or when you see your OH for the first time in months and fling your arms around them.

A lot of people mix MDMA and alcohol, which I don't understand at all. A small amount of alcohol is ok I guess, and It's a nice variation on the high sometimes, but I don't get why people would get really drunk every time the do it. It just clouds what should be a clear and magical experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26 vicount

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Why so?

MDMA makes you appreciate the difference between pleasure and happiness/love. Alcohol and weed, to me, are drugs which induce pleasure, you feel nice, you feel relaxed and as a result of this, in the right setting, you feel happy.

However, while alcohol and weed induce pleasure/relaxation, which in turn potentially induce happiness, MDMA is happiness. It's the feeling you got when you were 8 years old and got some video game you really wanted for Christmas, or you get after you've just kissed a girl/guy you really like for the first time, or when you see your OH for the first time in months and fling your arms around them.

A lot of people mix MDMA and alcohol, which I don't understand at all. A small amount of alcohol is ok I guess, and It's a nice variation on the high sometimes, but I don't get why people would get really drunk every time the do it. It just clouds what should be a clear and magical experience.

Back in the day 91, 92 ish, no body was drinking alcohol with E, it was non productive, alcohol counters the effects of mdma etc,so ya wouldnt get the same hit if you were drinking, i think people started to drink with E when E lost its strength, Pills are not what they used to be, :(

vicount wrote: »
    Back in the day 91, 92 ish, no body was drinking alcohol with E, it was non productive, alcohol counters the effects of mdma etc,so ya wouldnt get the same hit if you were drinking, i think people started to drink with E when E lost its strength, Pills are not what they used to be, :(
    I have to say, I never understand what the old skoolers mean when they say this. I've only ever gotten a dud pill once, and that was the one time I bought off a randomer I didn't know through someone. Any other time, I've always gotten a decent hit, don't really drink on them, and have never double dropped. The strength does tend to depend on how much I've eaten beforehand though. However,even if they are stronger, they're also 3/4 times less expensive, so if they were say 3 times weaker, one could just do 3 instead of one (though I understand that if there's random shít in the pills, it mightn't be the best idea to be doing too many of them).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭electrofilth

Havin it!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/giyMKVD1QcI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/giyMKVD1QcI&hl=en&fs=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

In my experience, pills and MDMA have effected me rathr weirdly, but its all self inflicted. When i started doing them I got very into them, doin them every weekend (led to some extremely messy states of collapsing and memory loss etc) I copped on and eased off, bu went out one night, did a few and ended up taking MDMA for the first time at about 6 in the mornin. Was goin down to ****** that day, got a few hours sleep and ended up dropping more that night... and i couldnt get up. i took 6 and got no buzz whatsoever... physically my pupils got a little bigger and i had a chewing gum but that was it... tried again the next day, same results... and for some reason this experience meant that for about 6 months after ******, whenever i took pills, no matter how many, they just wernt having an effect. i was getting the odd...am i up...am i... i think i am... no wait... no. But I took a break and it sorted itself out. I tend to stay away from them now because although i was younger and a hell of a lot stupider, the effect they had on me was severe. Stomach ulcers and severe depression on the comedown.

But I have to say... if I was drinking the way I was doing pills the effects would have been the same. Pills are fine once theyre limited to the odd time, and **** me the effects can be unreal... bliss, but at the same time your still totally in control of yourself. after even a few drinks you can start to slur or get a bit clumsy, but with pills your aware of what ur doing, your just really enjoying it.

On the subject of pills being cut with everything under the sun, they have definitly gotten worse in the last few years and some of the ones going round dont have any MDMA in them at all, theyre just pure dirt. For example diamonds. Those things should be rounded up and burnt, along with the ppl sellin them

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Why so?
    I'd imagine ecstasy could cause anxiety as well as euphoria. Coffee and cigarettes can make me quite jittery so I'd be concerned about what amphetamines could do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

I'd imagine ecstasy could cause anxiety as well as euphoria

Only in large doses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 ibeatza

seannash wrote: »
    ive been into dance music since i was around 12.
    been djing since i was 16.ive never taken yokes.actually never done any drug.
    which alot of people find strange for some reason:D

im the same, im obsessed with dance music and clubbin and people lok at me like im mad when i say i dont do drugs!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ibeatza

i have seen plenty of people on xtc,(how old skool) but only one or two on mdma whats the difference, do ya get the same love buzz on mdma as u do on ees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ73KS0uxlY

better to watch when you're in as bad a state as this guy :D

:D:D:D

The rhymes are still pretty neat. Next to a great big pylon!!

as far as the anxiety issue is concerned, any dopamine, noripinephrine or seretonin reuptake modifier CAN lead to anxiety.

as can any stimulant. anybody with any anxiety problems should be careful and sensible about the consumption of mdma in any form.
    along with the consumption of caffeine, nicotine, alcohol (very harmful in this context), hallucinogenics, even sugar and complex carbohydrate.

be careful kids:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement