Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

counsellors in Meath area?

Options
  • 28-09-2008 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

need to find a counsellor in the meath area? anyone any recommendations? needs to have experience in dealin with sexual assault issues.....
    any help greatly appreciated!!!
    MG.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Your doctor should be able to recommend someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Shoe Princess

try ringing the Rape Crisis Centre in Dublin and they might be able to give you local contact details for someone in Meath, or alternatively, try ringing the IACP - Irish Assocition for Counselling & Psychotherapy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DinkyC

Irene Ward
    Tel: 046 9240310
    Mobile: 086 1575163
    Email: irenewarde@O2.ie
    Web:

‘Kinmara’
    Kells
    Martry
    Meath
    Company:

Services:
    General, Marriage, Bereavement, Youth at Risk, Employment, Guidance, Life Skill Coaching, Relationship, Multicultural, Sexual.
    Profile:
    I am a married woman with three young children, and a couple of years ago I took voluntary redundancy from my pensionable job to change direction in my life. I choose the challanging path of further educationas I had a desire to learn more about myself. I can offer clients a safe and confidential space to discover & explore all the areas of their lives.

Name:
    Nina Lubek
    Tel: 046 9094036
    Mobile: 087 6547475
    Email: ninalubek@eircom.net
    Web:

17 De Verdon Place
    Robinstown
    Navan
    Meath
    Company:

De Verdon Counselling Service
    Services:
    General, Psychometric Testing, Personality Testing
    Profile:
    My practice incorporates the use of theories which allow the client choose which direction and how fast they want their healing process to go. My aim is to provide a safe, confidential environment where clients feel that they can explore current and/or past elements of their lives which they feel may be causing them pain in their present day lives.

Name:
    Nina McCormack
    Tel: 0469094036
    Mobile: 0876547475
    Email:
    Web:

17 Deverdon Place
    Robsinstown
    Navan
    Meath
    Company:

De Verdon Counselling Service
    Services:
    General, Marriage, Psychometric Testing, Personality Testing

Profile:
    A relaxed area where one can have time to feel through difficulties. Readching a personal goal of self achievement through the medium of person centered counselling

Hope this helps
    DinkyC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 carmelcarey

You can also get a list of accredited counsellors from the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy at www.iacp.ie. You should be able to select someone with experience working with sexual abuse (as I have). Good luck.

Carmel Carey, accredited member of Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, Meath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nora martin

As a professional therapist I recommend you ask lots of questions of any potential counsellor and only work with some one who is professionally trained and registered .One suggestion is to go to the Irish council for Psychotherapy (I.C.P) or F.T.A.I both are offical sites for registered and professionally qualified psychotherapists an important consideration when seeking help particularly with personal,couple or family concerns.And ask any potential therapist questions as to how they will work with you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement