Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2009 General Excitement Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

fu**ers!!!!!!!!

try call your house insurer. you might be able to make a claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

tell me about it, scumbags! not insured! :( we are renting, would have been a good idea though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

did you buy it in a dixons or currys?

if so you may have been co-erced into buying the coverplan stuff that if you smash it or whatever its covered

well that covers theft in the first year if you did

just a thought as people do buy these things

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

jebuz wrote: »
    I'm not excited anymore, in fact i'm quite angry and disappointed and... angry.

Our house got burgled yesterday, the one thing gone in my room, even though there were 2 cameras an ipod, a gps system...the ONE thing, my PS3!! so pissed off, no pro evo for me this Friday :(

Geez, sorry man! That's horrible. I think I'm gonna start taking my PS3 to work with me from now on. Just need a backpack big enough.

I should have been a better father to it, I never asked it did it want to come to work with me, I wasn't there for it when it needed me most and now...its gone. Seriously, it's like there's a big void in my life now, I've a PS2 but that won't make me feel better.

Re: Dixons or Curries - I think it was bought in gamestop, was an Christmas present last year from my girlfriend, but you know...Christmas is just around the corner ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

I'm not excited anymore, in fact i'm quite angry and disappointed and... angry.

Our house got burgled yesterday, the one thing gone in my room, even though there were 2 cameras an ipod, a gps system...the ONE thing, my PS3!! so pissed off, no pro evo for me this Friday :(

Sorry to hear that, Jebuz?

Do you have home insurance? If so you are covered-and you will be gaming in no time. Also Gamestop sell second hand PS3's. Often they are brand new though, mine was.

Thanks man, no house insurance, I never even thought of it, but it makes sense we've a lot of stuff in the house. In fact, I think we ended up being quite lucky given the fact that not too much was taken, there were laptops, cameras, plenty of DVD's and other things that were untouched. It seems like they panicked and just took the most expensive looking items.

Housemate has a PS3 also though, which was untouched so hopefully he'll be getting the new pro evo. End of the day, it's just possessions.

Also, you know the way I have a PSN id, can people change those? I think I heard you can't. That means my friends will be able to see me online if by chance the PS3 is hooked up to the internet sometime, that would be interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Thanks man, no house insurance, I never even thought of it, but it makes sense we've a lot of stuff in the house. In fact, I think we ended up being quite lucky given the fact that not too much was taken, there were laptops, cameras, plenty of DVD's and other things that were untouched. It seems like they panicked and just took the most expensive looking items.

Housemate has a PS3 also though, which was untouched so hopefully he'll be getting the new pro evo. End of the day, it's just possessions.

Also, you know the way I have a PSN id, can people change those? I think I heard you can't. That means my friends will be able to see me online if by chance the PS3 is hooked up to the internet sometime, that would be interesting...

Good stuff. Well, 123.ie is pretty good for house insurance. Our cover is for contents worth €20,000, and it costs less than €100 a year. Not a bad price to guarantee your stuff.

Thanks brophs, will look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

ive been playing fifa the last 2 days with mate

i oficially hate it, it is absolute PANTS, the game play is so slow even adjusting the game speed, the players movements feel realistic but they just never seem to release the ball

When running at a ball players have this tendency to do a crab walk walking side to side, its so frustrating and it seems to happen a lot when you REALLY need to defender or look dead cert in behind the defense on an attack and running onto a ball

For game modes its streets ahead of pro evo, lounge mode is actually quite fun where you can use power ups like opposing team has 2 players sent off to start or 1 or 3 goal head start etc etc, i think this is in line with previous years of fifa .vs. pes that fifa has always had way more modes

Having played the PES demo and Fifa full game, i feel the DEMO is streets ahead of fifa myself and cant wait to see the full game

www.pesunites.com has videos, the champions league mode seems very authentic, and very well done, once a update file comes out it will be awesome.

agree with all that

i really wanted to like fifa, but i dont, back to pes for me, as long as the off line doesnt stutter like it did last year and the teleport cross field passes are sorted ill get it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

There's a review on www.ign.com sorry no time for linking it. To be honest its not looking good. The review basically says its an ok game but they mentioned that there is lag. I can't believe this is going to happen again! Although the reviews are for Xbox 360 and PS3. I've pre ordered it for the PC, so maybe on line will be better.

I have Fif09 and I have to say its not a bad game but the online isn't as amazing as people are making out, for the PC anyway. It ca be slow sometimes and other times you lose connection etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Simply PES is the best one of all time.. BUT its not enough. Still going to be class tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭murfo

actually you could get lucky there. i read a story on n4g a few days ago where someone had their ps3 stolen and their friends saw them being signed in and that, they contacted sony and got the isp and tracked the idiot down

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

fitze69 wrote: »
    There's a review on www.ign.com sorry no time for linking it. To be honest its not looking good. The review basically says its an ok game but they mentioned that there is lag. I can't believe this is going to happen again! Although the reviews are for Xbox 360 and PS3. I've pre ordered it for the PC, so maybe on line will be better.

I have Fif09 and I have to say its not a bad game but the online isn't as amazing as people are making out, for the PC anyway. It ca be slow sometimes and other times you lose connection etc.

er it gets 8.5 and the final para reads

For all its problems off the pitch, there’s no doubting that PES 2009 is the most fun football game on the market. There’s a nagging feeling that this is merely the game that the past iterations should have been, but there’s no denying that it plays as good a game as ever – which means for the neutral, the choice of which game to pledge their allegiance to is as hard as ever. Ultimately, FIFA wins out thanks to it offering the most comprehensive package, but those who choose to spend the next season in the company of PES won’t be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Played the demo and I'm just not impressed. It seems the same as the last two versions and is far too arcadey for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

8.5 and it also mentions online being laggy, what did IGN give Pro Evo 08 last year? I think it was really high even though it was the worst ever version!

On the other side of the coin, I read a post earlier in another forum from someone in Turkey who got theres early, saying that it was brilliant no lag(probably no one else online!) and it was 20 times better than the demo.

For a lot of us online is make or break of any sports game. Hopefully Konami will get it right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Rented new FIFA today just to see . . . so far despite not having played a game just loitering around the menus and that practice arena I love it. It is a lot better than the Pro Evo I played in the demo.
    After more than a handful of games in the demo I can say that the movement is extremely clunky and the game is almost painfully slow. The UEFA Champions League © better be part of the Master League. If it is a seperate mode and is only available as solely a Champions League mode, and if the online lags, then I'm afraid the gameplay will not make up for those flaws. I will get FIFA this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

FIFA is ****. played it in stephens green today and the players movement is so boring.

PES 1
    FIFA 0

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Dmaurice

3 days to go lads! demo is doin my head in! 5mins and watchin the trailor EVERY time after each game...fingers crossed for online mode and there will be a pro evo and cans night in mine on Friday night!! Couple of mates got it thursday evening last year in Game Stop and ExtraVision...apparently if you go in an hour before closing they usually have the games out on the shelf for the release the next morning....just take it to the counter, look calm and collected, try not to sweat, hand over your cash....and walk out slowly. YEAHHHHH!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Phoole

Dmaurice wrote: »
    3 days to go lads! demo is doin my head in! 5mins and watchin the trailor EVERY time after each game...fingers crossed for online mode and there will be a pro evo and cans night in mine on Friday night!! Couple of mates got it thursday evening last year in Game Stop and ExtraVision...apparently if you go in an hour before closing they usually have the games out on the shelf for the release the next morning....just take it to the counter, look calm and collected, try not to sweat, hand over your cash....and walk out slowly. YEAHHHHH!!! ;)
    Ha ha! I got it in Extra Vision the night before last year. I was on here with about 20 others hoping for good news from someone when the news broke that it was on sale in a few different places. I imagine it'll be the same this year. I hate this waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Dirk_Diggler

FIFA is ****. played it in stephens green today and the players movement is so boring.

PES 1
    FIFA 0

Eh, PES isn't even out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Dmaurice

Phoole wrote: »
    Ha ha! I got it in Extra Vision the night before last year. I was on here with about 20 others hoping for good news from someone when the news broke that it was on sale in a few different places. I imagine it'll be the same this year. I hate this waiting.

yeah ill be on here thurs evening to see - my missus is in town thurs evening so gonna send her in to pick it up for me...god i love her. hahahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

BrightEyes wrote: »
    Rented new FIFA today just to see . . . so far despite not having played a game just loitering around the menus and that practice arena I love it. It is a lot better than the Pro Evo I played in the demo.
    After more than a handful of games in the demo I can say that the movement is extremely clunky and the game is almost painfully slow. The UEFA Champions League © better be part of the Master League. If it is a seperate mode and is only available as solely a Champions League mode, and if the online lags, then I'm afraid the gameplay will not make up for those flaws. I will get FIFA this year

First off, you seem to have misread the title of the thread..

After that, if you think PES is slow (based on the demo) how the hell can you be liking FIFA? I have bought Fifa, and its an ok game, enjoyable enough, but it is much, MUCH slower than Pro. Maybe if you played a few games and formed an opinion it might be better.

As for the Champions League, it is a seperate mode to the ML.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Was playing the new pro for the xbox360 there today. (don't ask how i got it cause i cant answer, lets just say i wouldn't be able to get it this way for the PS3)

Menus aren't great looking, only ok. Music seems to be much better

I'm impressed with the game so far, It's a bit tougher than previous versions creating chances leaves you with a real sense of achievement. Cant wait to buy it at the weekend. The only complaint i could have is that I hate the 360 controller for Pro ( was basically my first time playing it on a 360) and thats hardly the games fault :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 bearded1

Been playing it all evening on PC... it's savage, big step up from 08.

My ocd side had to spend twenty minutes or so updating some essential transfers though! :s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Tauren wrote: »
    First off, you seem to have misread the title of the thread..

After that, if you think PES is slow (based on the demo) how the hell can you be liking FIFA? I have bought Fifa, and its an ok game, enjoyable enough, but it is much, MUCH slower than Pro. Maybe if you played a few games and formed an opinion it might be better.

As for the Champions League, it is a seperate mode to the ML.

After much FIFA playing I realise the same flaws that are in every FIFA since the PS1 versions. The gameplay just feels almost predefined. There isn't much freedom and controlling the ball is crap it is impossible to turn unlike a bus. Even on fast game speed the player movements on the ball are all wrong. Shooting is a pain as well. I wish I didn't rent it for a week :mad:
    F
    IFA maybe all glossy and look the part, but it lacks that deeper substance that Pro Evo has always had. Usually with the best Pro Evos it has been unimpressive with the first few matches but as you play more it becomes incredible. PES 2008 is infinitely better than FIFA 09 in terms of gameplay.

Become a legend is very exciting. It really is fun in FIFA despite the gameplay being as it is. Master League is never disappointing, but nothing compares to playing against a real person

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Dmaurice wrote: »

When a game in the demo gets to stoppage time, press start and then select top menu and start a new game - this eliminates having to watch the video...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Having played it last night myself, this review somes it up perfectly.

Btw I loved it so much, and sh!ts on Fifa and the pes demo.
    Hi all
    I live in Istanbul, Pes 2009 hit the shelves here yesterday and got my Copy right away at 19:00 pm yesterday. Without a break I played till 05:00 AM and slept for only 2 hours before coming to Work.. I checked all features of game.. I’ll list u both features that I point out and differences between demo & full release….
    (BTW I can be deemed as PES veteran, I’m 28 years old, and from PS1 to PS3 I played all versions of PES and Winning eleven series)
    Here are features..

GRAFIX:
    Unbelieveably improved:
    1- Try to make an exhibition match at AFTERNOON.. Lightings are definetely next-gen.. I sometimes assumed that I’m watching a real match on TV..
    2- RAIN: OMG OMG, best rain in all gaming history.. YOu’ll get what I mean.. PLayer reactions, and Ball physics changes entirely due to wet field.. I’m really shocked when I saw…
    3- Stadiums are great, especially in-game … If anyone who claims FIFA has beter in-game grafix after playing PES 09 full release ( Try AFTERNOON matches especially) , I call him blind..
    4- BALLS Especially ( No:7- demo Claw Ball and NO:9- White Puma ball) feels realistic as never seen before in any soccer game…
    5- Nets, Boots all small details seem great..

GAMEPLAY & AI:
    OMG, Demo & Full RElease COMPLETELY different… HEre are diffrences.. In Full release;

-AI reactions to the ball tweaked: When a long ball comes from a distance, AI definetely doesn’t know what to do in DEmo.. IN full Game there is no hesitation for AI, no more bouncing no more just looking..
    -Opponent AI don’t use LOng through balls behind ur defence line Too much.. Only good passing ability and visionery players can send… IF u compare with the demo .. IT is more & more great in full release
    -NO more needless Back-heel passes from your players unless u want them to make… They can use their weak foot instead of making back-heel passes a lot in demo…
    -There are a lot foul and falling animations are added when u compare with demo.. I saw a lot new shooting/player falling/passing animations that I’ve never seen in demo ( I did at least 300-400 matches in demo btw)
    -Shooting is tweaked: no more floating shots.. I saw great hard strikes Especially to the balls which bounces back from defence..
    -GOALKEEPERS are tweaked .. for at least 10 years of PES&WE experience, maybe the best goalkeepers. IN many occasions They can hold the ball instead of parrying..
    -Running ANIMATIONS CHANGED : No more PES 2008 style bizzarre running animations.. Even in demo it disturbed me a lot.. I was too happy that they were removed..
    -Corners are tweaked..: No more difficulties to SELECLT and clear the ball.. Even Goalkeeper in corners are more sensitive.. By pressing triangle.. they are more strict comes and holds the bal lor punch it out.. But They don’t punch the ball that they can hold.. Thats great improvement..
    -HEading animations: HEading is completely diffrenet from the demo version.. You’ll get what I mean as u play the full game.. YOu have the ability to send ball more strictly to the player that you want.. And animations looks great… Even in Full version I didnt see any NO-look jumps and heading with back of head..
    -AI defence is great.. They are trying to close gaps as much as possible.. That makes the game even more realistic.. I made many 20-minutes mathces.. And the most goals that I’ve seen was 2-2 ( Atletic Bilbao-Villareal).. I had two 0-0 s ( Genoa-Lecce, Basel-IFK Goteborg)…
    -No more one-man teams.. Ronaldo takes it and runs to the byline , no one can take the ball, even touch the ball while he is dribbling in every situation.. THAT is COMPLETELY over..
    -Pace differences can be seen.. Ex.. in a position Rossi from Villareal came and pass a Atlethic Bilbao defender by coming 1 meter behind at a long ball.. I really shocked when I saw.. and watched the replay 3-4 times..

ONLINE:
    I played two matches.. OMG it is too smooth when u compare to PES2008..

BAL:
    I didn’t have to time to look at it yet, as u know the most beatiful food always get eaten at last..

CONS (NEGATIVES)
    OK so many people requested me to write CONS too.. here they are what I found..

-lack of camera tilting
    -sometimes players tend to head the ball instead of volleying..
    -In edit mode, no "short Socks" is avaliable..
    -player ratings are inconsistent at the end of matches
    -assists with manual passing, is not in assist sheet again..
    - diving is again pointless, I always get booked even if I think I was successfull

Conclusion:
    Everyone was (PES)ismistic for PES09, as I read from forums.. Everyone had complaints. OK I have to admit I was anxious too, and didnt love the demo ALOT.. Demo was graphically medicore- lil but disturbing errors amid gameplay etc… But when I got the full game, OMG OMG … IT likes a different game not tweaks and improvements only….. The DEMO and THE FINAL BUILDS are completely different.. You’ll see what I mean in 2-3 days at most… I have a lot of Works to do right now everyone asks something right now and I’m trying to POST this..  everyone can wait but PES no.. I only slept 2 hours but I’m confident, I’m happy within.. I’ll think of going back to home and playing PES tonight..
    I’m sure many of u that swears KONAMI , will regret in many cases when u try the final game. I can see the forthcoming apologize mails to Seabass and Konami in these forums.. But people are always PESimistic as I said they can find somehing to complain about 
    IGn gave the game a 8.5 , At first I thought that this is a good score, but after playing the final game.. no it worths more…

YOU ALL WILL GET WHAT I MEAN in 2 days..

P.S: PLease don’t hesitate to ask anything that u wanna learn.. AS much as I can find timw from my work today, I’ll check and try to write back as much as possible..

Ohh my god I forgot to add something.. I tried CHANTS yesterday.. That was awesome.. My favorite team is Besiktas.. I found many chants of my team in mp3. format.. Then I merged it and formed a big MP3 file.. and imported it to the game.. It was 9 min. Mp3.. and it was great in the match.. Atmoshpere was awesome.. I conceeded a goal while I was amazed of chants beuty...

HOW TO MERGE MP3 FILES to a single MP3 FILE:
    -windows start menu
    - RUN
    -write cmd and go to DOS mode..
    - put merge requested mp3 files to C: and name them as 1 , 2 , 3
    - then in dos mode (c:\) write copy/b 1.mp3+2.mp3+3.mp3+4.mp3 FINAL.MP3 ...
    - it is finished.. go and listen to FINAL.mp3.. all merged.. you can merge any files in same format (mp3/mpeg etc..)

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=64022

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Wow, that seems totally impartial, Bill. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I dunno but that has got me thinking of trying to get Friday off from work!!!

Advertisement