Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a boards.ie singles mingle 28th November

Options
  • 03-11-2008 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭

here´s an idea..instead of speed dating how about hosting singles boards beers in a decent pub? I will add a poll to the events forum to get an idea of numbers interested.

the worst that could happen is you could make a few friends..and i would say its a good idea to be friends/ get to know someone before dating them first?

the only condition for attending these gatherings is that you have to be single and willing to have a bit of craic!

Would the 28th/ 29th suit people? If the events successful we could try a more organised speed dating/ themed gathering..

Suggestions for venues welcome, please see the events forum if your interested, cheers.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055411452

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I'm pretty sure T.P. Smiths would be cool wth having an other boards event.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Given the amount of threads in various fora about how to meet someone/where are all the good men/women, I would say this is a good plan and as you say worse case scenario is you meet a new bunch of people. IMHO do a hidden poll or PM thingy and do it by invite so you get a good proportion of men women(or men/men women/women if that others thang). My 2 cents.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

right I modified my posts to make it a singles beers..sure if its a success there´s no reason why we can´t get more adventerous/ organised..

a casual beers for singles..and the worst that could happen is we could make some new friends and have a bit of craic!

how do you get more PR for an event like this?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

snorlax wrote: »
    how do you get more PR for an event like this?

Ask the Admins/SMods to post a site announcement. Request some banner ads to be made. Get some sigs done up and made available to everyone for use.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Bah i liked the idea of speed dating.

"oh, ive dated like 68 girls this week! :D:pac:"

• Advertisement

Pick a date, pm Kharn about contacting T.P. Smiths or getting another venue,
    once you have those details sorted I will be happy to flaunt/pimp the event in my sig.

Hhhmm maybe making it a speed date type of thing might be a good idea.
    A higher mingle ratio, and as the failed Miyagi said you'd have an even mix.

If I was going to be interested in such a thing. I'd like to keep my boards identity out of it too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'd chicken out of turning up.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Can we make a wish list of male boardsies we'd like to attend:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Galvasean wrote: »
    Bah i liked the idea of speed dating.

"oh, ive dated like 68 girls this week! :D:pac:"

sluh :p

• Advertisement

Like, oh my Gawd, stop objectifying us and stuff! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

you can, but most of us good ones are off the market ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Like, oh my Gawd, stop objectifying us and stuff! :eek:

Ah you love it
    Iago wrote: »
    you can, but most of us good ones are off the market ;)

Our loss!!!

Ah you love it

Ssshh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

sluh :p

LOL!

Great idea, hope it works out for ye, always people on here mentioning things like this so I'm sure there'll be great interest in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Sorry to be a kill-joy, but would it not be full of men?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Sounds like a short list...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

I'm guessing that would likely happen, best thing to do would be to have a set ratio ie. 50/50. Means that the place wouldn't be a sausage fest which in all fairness is very likely to happen given it's the internet (or am I stereotyping too much?)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I doubt it. I'm guessing that ladies lounge is full of blokes, and not one of us is here in an ironic capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Nuravictus

I doubt it. I'm guessing that ladies lounge is full of blokes, and not one of us is here in an ironic capacity.

Its really "The Transgender Lounge". So yea its full of men.

• Advertisement

There were as many women as men at the hollow'een beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

looks down through list and can't find his name.....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Thaedydal wrote: »
    There were as many women as men at the hollow'een beers.

Yeah, but how many were single?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭traffic_cone

This is not a dating website!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

and your point is?:confused:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

That is something which has been said time and again and a few time even by me in certain threads usually to innaproptiate comments in threads. It still stands.

IF people want to have a singles mingle then why not, there is a big difference between that and every thread decending into how you doin.

You felt so strongly about the issue that you registered a new account just to say it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭traffic_cone

You felt so strongly about the issue that you registered a new account just to say it?

I did not register a new account. I signed up in June. That was my first post as I only ever use boards to read the threads. I felt passionate enough about this dating thing to comment on it.

If you want to hook up with someone use a dating website, as this is not one of them! I have seen people being warned / banned in the past for suggesting this kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

But it is a social website, inspite of the likes of me somehow ending up here:confused::p, a mingle doesn't necessarily have to be about dating, but if dates do result then who are we to complain about other people potentially finding happiness together?

• Advertisement

farohar wrote: »
    who are we to complain about other people potentially finding happiness together?

Bitter :mad:

Advertisement