Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom, dsl, broadband... more problems...

Options
  • 10-11-2008 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭

I'm a customer of Eircom for my troubles. I'm subscribed to their 3mb download package which was recently upgraded from 2mb. I live in Ashtown, Dublin which is serviced by the Pelletstown interchange. Over the past 48 hours I've had countless problems connecting to the internet.

It started with a complete breakdown in service where I couldn't even get a DSL connection on my router. I rang technical 'support' which told me I'd need a new router. That was yesterday. Today I arrived home and noticed that the DSL light was solid green, so I attempted to connect to the net. No success. So I rang tech support again and they did some jiggery-pokery and dropped me to the 2mb package and the internet kicked back in. When I told the guy this, he took the problem to be solved, reconnected me to the 3mb package and that was that.

And since then, I've been connected, disconnected, connected, disconnected, etc etc. It's pretty infuriating, and tech support are useless. Especially since I've only a bit of knowlege of this sort of thing. I've tried everything, restarting the router, etc. Every time I get 'DSL connection is down.'

Does anyone have any suggestions, experiencing the same problems and have any ideas. It's a bloody nuisance, I can tell you that. I'm this close to switching to BT, but I've heard they're no better in this area. NTL's not an option. Thanks in advance for any replies. Hopefully I can actually post this message during the sporadic moments I actually have the internet... :mad:
    Tagged:

Advertisement