Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golden Retriever Breeder in Cork

Options
  • 12-11-2008 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering if anyone can recommend a good golden retriever breeder in the cork area ,

We recently had to have our golden charlie pts and it was honestly one of the hardest things i have had to do but we are a family of dog lovers and hopefully a new puppy will help the grieving process ,

I will of course check out the local rescue organisations first as the late Charlie was a rescue but any advice or recomendations would be appriciated

Thanks ,
    Tony

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lucky111

fitzdragon wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if anyone can recommend a good golden retriever breeder in the cork area ,

We recently had to have our golden charlie pts and it was honestly one of the hardest things i have had to do but we are a family of dog lovers and hopefully a new puppy will help the grieving process ,

I will of course check out the local rescue organisations first as the late Charlie was a rescue but any advice or recomendations would be appriciated

Thanks ,
    Tony
    hi tony, my name's Caroline
    I live in cork, togher and have a male black retriver who i have been looking after.He is 3-4 yrs of age. He is a stray and i have put up endless ads for his owners to come forward but no luck.
    He has been stray for months now. Very well mannered dog and he seems to be well trained too He gets on very well othere dogs, cats and children. If you are interested or know of any1 please do get in contact, regards, Caroline, 0894146945/0872920402

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

Hi Caroline , we are 90% certain that we are getting a golden retriever pup after christmas so I think we are sorted ,

Regards

Tony

Not sure why it is people are still willling to pay soooo much for pups/dogs when there are sooooo many pup/dogs needing a home
    Drives me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

"Why" Well first of all we are collecting out lovely Charlie's ash's Monday and we are still too upset to have another adult dog in the house at the moment and ,

well to be honest because myself and my family love golden retrievers, and our last dog was a rescued christmas dog and if we can we are waiting until the new year to get a new dog and we will try and get a golden rescue first , and I am sorry I cant take your dog at the moment but we are still too upset to get another dog ,
    We are looking to the future but after nearly 13 happy years we are having our first Christmas without Charlie and we will have to deal with this first
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/28608/66234.jpg

:confused: The post was not directed mainly to yourslef, Tony.
    Just trying to get the point across of the many animals out there needing homes.
    Sorry to hear about your dog:( He looks like such a dote, big softie
    Great news about the black retriever i had staying with me.......... found his owners:D
    He had been missing since December 28th !!!!!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Hey Lucky thats amazing a whole year almost!! WOW!!
    I imagine he's happy to be back with his owners:) He was very luck to have had you to take care of him for so long. Must have been hard to say goodbye:( ! Amazing story though!

Fitzdragon your golden lab looked beautiful. It's horrible to lose a pet esp near to xmas. We lost a pet on stephens day a few years ago it was terrible!
    The CSPCA are actually very good you may have some luck there. They apparanlty have one of the lowest pts rates in the country so it's nice to support them :)

Sorry for your loss and good luck for the dearch of the newest addition :)

Hey Jen, i know almost a year !!!:eek:
    Was crying buckets:(, he was such a good fella.
    Came from 20 miles away
    I had searched almost all the lost and found sites on the net but came across 1 lost ad right at the bottom, lucky i did........ i had a place set up for him over in england, great lady who takes in black retrievers
    Black retrieverxAttachment not found.

Advertisement