Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

Look up. That's 'the point' going right over your head there.

I wasn't parked. I stopped in the middle of my manoeuvres to take a pic for the good people on this forum. As I was collecting a heavy, awkward TV set from the TV repair place on the right, I had to squeeze past the Octavia, and park horizontally, taking up 3-4 spaces. Thanks to her, I was unable to turn round into a vertical position, and I was unable to minimise risk of manual handling injury for me and the shop guy by parking with my boot at the door - all thanks to the selfish lady in the Octavia.

Great pic.

I wouldn't take what she did personally though. Its not that she meant to inconvenience you in particular. Its just that she is the only one on the roads that she can see or give any consideration to :rolleyes:. Lost in her own little world along with some of the clowns whose handiwork appeared on here already.

It does make you think though. How can somebody be that thick? :confused:. I make every effort while parking my car to be as close to 100% parallel to the white lines and to not block some-ones door by being too close etc. and then you get arseholes like this that would park the car on top of your head if they didn't see you :rolleyes:.

I can bet that if we started a thread of people blocking the passing lane on motorways, most of these clowns reg numbers would be on there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭analfabets

The silver fiesta is actually parked. Sorry about the quality was using phone
    jks0px1OfF09dMHY5tis1ODQP6QHb8adXiM70SarHUY?feat=directlink

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

FYP... i hope.. :)
    analfabets wrote: »
    photo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I wasn't parked...... I had to ..... park horizontally, taking up 3-4 spaces.

Not that I have a problem with when you took the picture but...Err?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

GreeBo wrote: »
    Not that I have a problem with when you took the picture but...Err?

No-one else was going to get in there, thanks to her blocking of the vertical approach. So better that one person park there horizontally (taking 3-4 spaces) than no-one park there at all. I was gone before she was - in fact, I took the photo as I was leaving, after doing my business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

No-one else was going to get in there, thanks to her blocking of the vertical approach. So better that one person park there horizontally (taking 3-4 spaces) than no-one park there at all. I was gone before she was - in fact, I took the photo as I was leaving, after doing my business.

The problem there would be but for the luck of you leaving before her you would end up on here with your own pic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

GreeBo wrote: »
    The problem there would be but for the luck of you leaving before her you would end up on here with your own pic :D

I was just picking up a TV, so I was gone from the car for no more than 1-2 minutes. But seriously, I've had that thought about some of the other photos on this thread.

It could be the case that the real culprit was long gone, and the gilly shown was just taking up whatever space was left.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

analfabets wrote: »
    jks0px1OfF09dMHY5tis1ODQP6QHb8adXiM70SarHUY?feat=directlink

That was just abandoned :o

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bigbadbear

cadaliac wrote: »
    tosser in an Astra, and no, he was not moving, the car was stationary.....
    Attachment not found.

Whats wrong with this?

Whats wrong with the silver fiesta?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

bigbadbear wrote: »
    Whats wrong with this?

Whats wrong with the silver fiesta?

Eh have a look. The fiesta is parked almost in the middle of the road. Astra is abandoned blocking up a filling station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bigbadbear

SARASON wrote: »
    Eh have a look. The fiesta is parked almost in the middle of the road. Astra is abandoned blocking up a filling station.

Eh. The astra isnt blocking anyone its just at an angle (obviously because the guy before him was in the way or something) The fiesta's not great but its only 400mm from the kerb. You'd pass your driving test for leaving a car like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,811 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Eh have a look. The fiesta is parked almost in the middle of the road.

Looks legal to me.

Parking with wheels on a footpath is illegal.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

ninja900 wrote: »
    Looks legal to me.

It's in the middle of the road....

Is it your car by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Little Miss!

ah u gotta love the learners :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Looks legal to me.

How could it have any wheels on the footpath when it's parked a metre out from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Sorry I took the picture so close. I was parked on the left(cant see my car) and I actually asked the driver was he for fvcking real.

He DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHAT HE HAD DONE WRONG. When I pointed the parking out to him he said "Sur' aren't there loads of spaces?" Dirty farmer head with filthy clothes, ugly fat wife with equally dirty clothes and a strange looking daughter shaped like a bowling pin.

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

IMG_0115.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭JayzuzHowiye

Cocoon wrote: »
    Odd wheels and all, looks like he hit a few kerbs before....:D
    front wheel just covered in brake dust is all. dirty wheels maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Berty wrote: »
    Sorry I took the picture so close. I was parked on the left(cant see my car) and I actually asked the driver was he for fvcking real.

He DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHAT HE HAD DONE WRONG. When I pointed the parking out to him he said "Sur' aren't there loads of spaces?" Dirty farmer head with filthy clothes, ugly fat wife with equally dirty clothes and a strange looking daughter shaped like a bowling pin.

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

IMG_0115.jpg

Tesco Nenagh...........

I park as far away from everyone as I can...........Dunnes is even worse

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Tesco Nenagh...........

I park as far away from everyone as I can...........Dunnes is even worse

I tried to park away from everyone before and parked nearly down by the Clothes bins and when I came back my car was surrounded yet around 15 spaces from the next taken spaces. WHY WHY WHY?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

It's head wrecking I know. I've given up on the quality of driving in Nenagh. Round abouts that no one knows how to use, traffic lights the same, the feeder lane at the Bank of Ireland for get about it there is always someone parked blocking it!

6 years driving in Dublin helps a lot, everyone should be made do it!

Had a bloke pull out from Monaree without looking ten minutes ago, brakes are little hot after that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Dirty farmer head with filthy clothes, ugly fat wife with equally dirty clothes and a strange looking daughter shaped like a bowling pin.

sory OT, but quote of the day for me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

kceire wrote: »

Ya i know it isnt the first time berty has me falling around the place laughing. Thats the best ever...:D:D:D

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

SoundWave wrote: »
    taken yesterday outside my local spar. another fine example of parking from some ignorant feckers. like its not bad enough to park over 2 regular spaces.... /rage..

5 mins later some bint in a celika parked in the handicapped spot. hopped out, not a bother on her. the car could have had a pass but she was clearly fine. lotsa free spaces around here.. but no i want to be closer to the door!!!

2po8uaa.jpg

http://twitpic.com/1vsijs

Ah applewood - its crazy parking there. Once had a massive pickup truck park right beside me where I couldnt actually get into my car they had parked so close.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

CUMH underground car park, nice parking muppet.

Security didn't seem to care either when I asked them about getting them clamped, should have removed the valves from the tyres. This in a car park that costs €2.50 / hr to park in. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,811 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

JHMEG wrote: »
    How could it have any wheels on the footpath when it's parked a metre out from it.

That doesn't look like a metre to me.
    The wheels are only just clear of the gutter (look where the edge of the mud is.)
    It could have been a little closer in, but not all that much, and compared to stuff I see every day (never mind the worst ones on this thread) it's nothing to write home about.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

kceire wrote: »

next time...get a photo!!!!

Ya i know it isnt the first time berty has me falling around the place laughing. Thats the best ever...:D:D:D

:pac::pac:

Im sorry I am a constant dissapoint to you until now.

I must try harder..................

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

That doesn't look like a metre to me.
    The wheels are only just clear of the gutter (look where the edge of the mud is.)
    It could have been a little closer in, but not all that much, and compared to stuff I see every day (never mind the worst ones on this thread) it's nothing to write home about.

That looks to me like "Parking a vehicle in a dangerous position" as per the National Safety Council.
    The offence is listed at the bottom of the list of penalty points offences.
    List to be found here:
    http://www.penaltypoints.ie/the_full_list_of_offences.php
    Leaving your vehicle abandoned in the middle of the road, like the considerate chap in that picture seems to qualify for me.
    In fact it's not even points, it's mandatory court appearance.
    Just because there's no yellow line doesn't mean you can just wildly abandon your vehicle in the middle of the road. And what grills me is that most people who park like that have a perfectly good drive to leave their car in, they just are to lazy, stupid and ignorant to do so.
    There was a guy who would abandon his car on the main Tulla to Ennis road. Just coast to a halt outside his gate, wouldn't even pull in and fcuked off inside his house for a cup of tea.
    Saw this a couple of times, got annoyed, called the Gards, car never seen again parked in this manner again.
    Result! Fcuk yeah! Happy days!
    Reading through the list, if 'de Geeaaards actually enforced half this crap, half the drivers out there would be off the road and the world would be a happier place, instead it's "Tax, Insurance, Graaaand!"
    So if you see a car parked like in analfabets case, call the Gards, they'll have to get off their behinds and have a chat with the vehicle's owner along the lines of "get it moved or get points, in fact here's some points anyway"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

I've been holding on to this one for a couple of weeks, finally managed to get it uploaded.

sm_SNC00200.jpg

This is the car park just past the Westpoint fitness club in Blanch (you can see the club in the background), near Heatons. The entrance is at the left of this pic, and yes, this car is parked, despite the abundance of parking spaces mere feet away, and empty. The car was there at least fifteen minutes to my knowledge, so it wasn't as if he was dropping someone off quickly. Surprised a few people driving into the car park, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

You see that Range Rover. It's there EVERY DAY in the same space ALWAYS taking up two spaces. Sometimes there is a Blue Sh*t box of a Civic Coupe with horrible red wheels parked next to it. Im going to say they work in Halfords but they probably park so far away because its a little quieter in that area of the car park.

this post is aimed at both the OP and TesTransmision...... im the owner of mentioned "****box" civic coupe and that range rover parks there when he is on an early shift and he works in harvey norman.. If i am in first i park there and i have been for the last 5 years, parked there with my previous car aswell....

Reason being plain and simple. When i purchased my "****box" it was immaculate now if ya look down the 2 sides my back bumper and front bumper its FULL of marks from people hitting off it etc:(....

i pick that spot as its the quietest row in the car park where no one can park either side of me infront or behind me, Merely trying to stub the problem of my car being wrecked altogether... That car is my pride and joy i work hard for it, might not be much to ye but its everything to me:)

also at TestTransmission whos more ignorant me for my parking or you slating a guy you dont even know on the web;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement