Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

that should be emailed them just to see what they say :)
    I expect the usual brush off that they are exempt from parking laws and then the claim there is a warning on their vehicles.
    "WARNING!
    This Vehicle may stop to facilitate the
    immobilisation of illegally parked Vehicles"

You need to embarrassment them in the media for poor parking and force the government through the Department of Transport about the abuse of Parking with the vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

limklad wrote: »
    I expect the usual brush off that they are exempt from parking laws and then the claim there is a warning on their vehicles.
    "WARNING!
    This Vehicle may stop to facilitate the
    immobilisation of illegally parked Vehicles"

You need to embarrassment them in the media for poor parking and force the government through the Department of Transport about the abuse of Parking with the vehicles.
    Come on, lads. They're putting heavy clamps on cars, of course they'll sometimes park illegally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

DSC00065.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

E39MSport wrote: »
    DSC00065.jpg
    That's the Focus trying to teach the LR a lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Anan1 wrote: »
    That's the Focus trying to teach the LR a lesson.

What lesson? I assume they're both RHD...

• Advertisement

JustinOval wrote: »
    What lesson? I assume they're both RHD...

Yeah both RHD. The focus driver would have had to cross over to get out. Fair play to him/her.

While I was waiting in the car park at tesco the woman driver of this 4x4 parked like so and went in to do her shopping. The ignorance.
    Attachment not found.

Seriously? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

E39MSport wrote: »
    DSC00065.jpg
    I am assuming both are British cars, then if so how did the second driver get out of their car. :confused: What was the driver thinking.

I am assuming both are British cars, then if so how did the second driver get out of their car. :confused: What was the driver thinking.

Passenger on board perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Anan1 wrote: »
    Come on, lads. They're putting heavy clamps on cars, of course they'll sometimes park illegally.

yeah but that's deliberately parked. I would have no issue with them pulling in to do the job but there is no need to leave it like that. They're are not entitled to block a bus-stop regardless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 timelessone

I drive a Jaguar XJ8- a large car, by any stretch of the imagination.

Now I'm not making excuses for poor parking but sometimes when I'm at the golf club I double park deliberately.

Hear me out....

I've seen too many XJ8s with dents from where other drivers, usually women, have opened their car doors through carelessness/jealousy and nicked the neighbouring Jag.

It's happened a few times to me. Thankfully the tube of British Racing Green coloured paint I keep in the glove compartment has been enough to conceal the damage but I live in fear of coming back from the 19th/Grand Canal Theatre/Shanahans on the Green and finding a dent too large for the paint to cover.

However, I do agree that double parking in smaller/less expensive cars is unforgivable.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

However, I do agree that double parking in smaller/less expensive cars is unforgivable.

Regards

one rule for the rich and another for everyone else :rolleyes:

you are no better than any of the rest of them :mad:

Now I'm not making excuses for poor parking but sometimes when I'm at the golf club I double park deliberately.

Hear me out....

I've seen too many XJ8s with dents from where other drivers, usually women, have opened their car doors through carelessness/jealousy and nicked the neighbouring Jag.

It's happened a few times to me. Thankfully the tube of British Racing Green coloured paint I keep in the glove compartment has been enough to conceal the damage but I live in fear of coming back from the 19th/Grand Canal Theatre/Shanahans on the Green and finding a dent too large for the paint to cover.

Regards

That's fine. Just don't do it in Tesco, m'kay? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Regards

Oh dear...learn to parrallel park maybe...

Hear me out....

Regards

ffs. That's ridiculous. There is no excuse for double parking unless your vehicle cannot actually fit into the space I guess.

I drive an Amazon and I don't double park. I also drive e31 and e39 and I don't double park those. Someone hit my 8er in a carpark recently and my answer to that is not to take it shopping etc ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

I expect the usual brush off that they are exempt from parking laws
    Are you sure? I know Gardai have an exemption from Road Traffic Acts while on duty, but I'd be surprised if the clampers have anything similar. AFAIK, even ambulance and fire engine drivers have no legal exemption.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭mwrf

Hear me out....

Regards

Obvious troll is obvious

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Hear me out....

Regards

No, not working, can't fall for your wind up...Nobody, even rich jag driving golfers, are that stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

They are making coaches smaller these days :rolleyes:

DSC00138.jpg

There was plenty of spaces around. Just they didn't seem to fancy putting their fancy cars into a actual car space. Some people are just pure arrogant.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

There was plenty of spaces around. Just they didn't seem to fancy putting their fancy cars into a actual car space. Some people are just pure arrogant.

At least the BMW was trying to give the illusion of being longer by parking at the front :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

The girl in the Freelander saw us commenting about her terrible parking as she got out of it, and actually looked at her bad parking but decided not to fix it. To make it worse, it took her a couple of attempts to get it into that position!!

119378.jpg

In this picture it shows typical parking there; there is a disabled space and yellow hatching there, but people park diagonally across it all of the time. Other people then parallel park behind and on the double yellow lines, blocking the roadway.

119379.jpg

In this last picture of Cross Street in Galwaay you are looking at one van on double yellow lines and the rest on what is a clearway between 1pm and 6pm. Unfortunately Galway Corporations' traffic wardens will only ticket you there if you stop a private car there; they refuse to ticket the vans and trucks. You'll often see trucks abandoned there with there engines running, which regularly causes the business' behind to empty out due to the noise and, worse, fumes!

The grey van closest in the picture was there for 2 days without a ticket).

That said, Galway Corporation have also been promising for 15 years to repair the very badly broken and dangerous path on that street but, because it isn't a pedestrianised street, they keep going back on their word. Same goes for street cleaning there (despite the rates being the same as the rates on the pedestrianised streets!!)

/rant

119380.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Peteemax

DSC00138.jpg

Great photo.

Some people think they can park anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

It is not ignorance, It is a deliberate display of stupidity!! People like this should be demoted to a Provisional Licence and repeat their Driving Test.

But sure wasnt she only running in for a litre of milk and a loaf of bread... :rolleyes:

I see that all the time in every supermarket. Id love to see someone employ a towing service where they would have to travel to the next town to get their car back. Bloody idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

conneem-TT wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

DSCF3340-scale.jpg

Reminds me of this. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Little Mickey

JustinOval wrote: »
    Seriously? :D
    Yes very seriously. First I thought that's bad and that she's maybe going to the ATM but no, got her trolley and in she went.
    And there was plenty of free spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

Hear me out....

Regards

This post put a smile on my face this morning, keep them coming. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Two examples from the Lidl Carpark in Athlone today
    imag0024y.jpg

imag0023u.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

68fxc1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

cant believe i didnt have my phone on me for the last 5 mins.

3 different assholes within yards of each other

1) In the laurels carpark a lil 98 red corsa parked right next to a peugeot 307.... i mean mm's away from it... there is no way the driver of the peugeot can even squeeze between the cars its that close.

2) in the same carpark one fool parked behind someone in a parking space blocking off the rest of the carpark (he thought it was a space by the looks of it) and now if your car is past his your not getting out until he moves

3) on main street 3 people parked on double yelllow lines / loading bays.

WOW !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

today A guy backed into the "loading bay" sign and then hit it again on the way out of the bay....:rolleyes:

oh yeah...that was me wasn't it...:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement