Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Attachment not found.

Had to set up my phone email and get an account when i saw this.

To be fair to society. Im half glad its parked like that because that type of "yolk" is likely to be driven around with half a soccer team of 8 year olds on board who will smack their doors all over the shop.

No chance of damaging other peoples cars at that angle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

tommyhaas wrote: »
    I saw this on 4oD the other day, Its a 20 min' documentary on a car park owner in Yorkshire, notorious for the clamping apparently

He's a bit harsh on people comming back a few minutes late, but one thing people here might appreciate about him is that he clamp's anyone who cant park within the space properly. Taking up two spaces will cost you £75 :rolleyes:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-yorkshire-clamper/4od

He really is a bit harsh on people coming back a few minutes late.
    But on people taking up two spaces, I'd give them two clamps and have them pay two fines, that would only be fair.
    It is my number one pet hate when it comes to parking and I thought the reaction of that ignorant bint was class, she got only half of what she deserved, but judging by her reaction she will never see that even if she got clamped every day, she might eventually only use one space but she will never understand what she's doing wrong.
    If you can't do the time, don't do the crime!

I have always wondered that if these people are so oblivious to their own parking, the white lines, other people around them, road signage etc etc would they even notice the stickers on their windows or the yellow clamp and would they just attempt to drive away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Cabaal wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with this imho,
    Its a private carpark, nothing forcing people to park in it.

If they want to use it then they should follow the rules

Well what if the car next to you has parked over the line which has caused a knock on effect of cars parking over the line....do they all deserve to be clamped ?

I had to park over the line in the airport this week because the cars either side of me were well over the line. When I came back the cars either side had left so it looked like I was the culprit and some smart arse had decided to teach me a lesson by parking within inches of my drivers door. He got bent back wing mirrors and raised wipers for his trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Well what if the car next to you has parked over the line which has caused a knock on effect of cars parking over the line....do they all deserve to be clamped ?

I think he was clamping cars that were stupidly/obnoxiously parked as oppose to what you described.In the examples shown the car park was half empty, so no need for the shabby parking. He was also getting cars that took up two spaces length ways, which can only be attributed to stupidity
    Bigcheeze wrote: »
    I had to park over the line in the airport this week because the cars either side of me were well over the line. When I came back the cars either side had left so it looked like I was the culprit and some smart arse had decided to teach me a lesson by parking within inches of my drivers door. He got bent back wing mirrors and raised wipers for his trouble.

Maybe he had to park like that due to the 'knock on effect' on the other side??

And yea, you really showed him alright...:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

4823884574_840b41a181.jpg
    Clarion Hotel in Cork. I parked leaving ample room to my left. Stupid Nissan driver presumably did a hand brake turn to drift it in. I actually moved my car as they were so close and parked elsewhere. She only has the car a week and doesn't want any dings!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

MarkR wrote: »
    4823884574_840b41a181.jpg
    Clarion Hotel in Cork. I parked leaving ample room to my left. Stupid Nissan driver presumably did a hand brake turn to drift it in. I actually moved my car as they were so close and parked elsewhere.

I genuinely don't get that. If the outside two cars were there first, surely the sensible thing would have been to reverse into that spot, so you had driver's door to driver's door, passenger to passenger. That way, if spots are a bit tight, the drivers can get in easily and the passengers can hop in after the car is pulled out.

A Woman enraged me today in Childers Rd Retail Park in Limerick. She stopped on a pedestrian crossing and junction to let her partner out who btw took ages to get out. I gave a toot she gave a finger.

I park in a nice normal parking space and walk towards Dunnes to see her straddling across the front of two disabled spaces whilst smacking her kids in the back.

Too afraid to take a picture. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Blanchardstown shopping centre 23/07/10

parking.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

^^ Unbelievable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Attachment not found.

Had to set up my phone email and get an account when i saw this.
    for god sake thats taken the pee big time, saw one park,d on a roundabout one saturday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

T-Maxx wrote: »

parking.jpg

Merc driver is parked over the lines. He deserves it

^^ Unbelievable!

+ 1 million.

That must have taken some work. Can't make out who did it but Im going to say it was the Jeep because why would the Merc guy put himself in a position of not being able to get out of his car. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Looks like you wouldn't get a cigarette paper between the mirror of the Merc and the door of the jeep :eek:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

The merc was well over the line, maybe he was being taught a lesson?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

T-Maxx wrote: »

parking.jpg
    Well done for the Ford driver for getting into already tight spot. It will teach the Merc driver to park better the next time.

I walk Denmark Street in Limerick City yesterday evening 5:30pm to 6pm from Smyths to O'Connell Street. Lots of Double Line parking. All drivers too cheap to use the Car Park nearby.
    121488.jpg

121489.jpg

121490.jpg

121491.jpg

121492.jpg

More to come next Post.

There was more car illegally parking on Denmark street yesterday evening, but those photo's did not come out right to see the License plates.
    121493.jpg

121494.jpg

121495.jpg

121496.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

^ It's amazing the amount of people that double yellow lines don't apply on a Sunday / evenings. All you need is a nice big truck to drive down and give all their cars a wee ding.

To be fair to Denmark St it should not be double yellow lines. There is no reason for it. Trucks could fit down the street but don't. Outside the Multistorey entrance and the church entrance there are yellow box's. Everywhere else should be open for parking. I park there myself on the yellow lines after 5:45pm.

WHY?

Limerick does not clamp nor does it have people giving out tickets are 5:45pm on a Friday evening until 8:30am on a Monday morning.

Another irony about Denmark street is at the entrance to it from Patrick St. There is a white line on the road and a stop sign for people coming the other way on Denmark St even though it is a one way street and has been around 15 years. :confused:

On a Sunday your camera memory would explode for taking pictures in Limerick of people on Double Yellows. I happily park next to Burger King(if your lucky enough) and are right slap bang in the middle of the city. Its beltin'.

For those people in Dublin, parking next to Burger King would be like parking outside Arnotts with no fear of clamping or a fine. :D

• Advertisement

Berty wrote: »
    To be fair to Denmark St it should not be double yellow lines. There is no reason for it. Trucks could fit down the street but don't. Outside the Multistorey entrance and the church entrance there are yellow box's. Everywhere else should be open for parking. I park there myself on the yellow lines after 5:45pm.

WHY?

Limerick does not clamp nor does it have people giving out tickets are 5:45pm on a Friday evening until 8:30am on a Monday morning.

Another irony about Denmark street is at the entrance to it from Patrick St. There is a white line on the road and a stop sign for people coming the other way on Denmark St even though it is a one way street and has been around 15 years. :confused:

On a Sunday your camera memory would explode for taking pictures in Limerick of people on Double Yellows. I happily park next to Burger King(if your lucky enough) and are right slap bang in the middle of the city. Its beltin'.

For those people in Dublin, parking next to Burger King would be like parking outside Arnotts with no fear of clamping or a fine. :D
    Cruise Street Car Park building is on the same street (I do not know they don't call it Denmark street car park), see my Photo's, but still Denmark street is double yellow lines on both sides with some loading bays.

There is Still no excuse for any driver for parking on double yellow lines, especially when there was plenty of Car parking in Streets nearby. As far as I am concern it either laziness or cheap drivers who do want to pay for parking.

It's cheap on my part. There is no incentive for me to park in a car park in Limerick on a Sunday.

It's cheap on my part. There is no incentive for me to park in a car park in Limerick on a Sunday.
    Is this an admission by you that you park on Double yellow lines?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Ditto,

limklad wrote: »
    Is this an admission by you that you park on Double yellow lines?

Illegal parking,not obnoxious parking.There's a difference. ;)

WHY?

Ditto,

Illegal parking,not obnoxious parking.There's a difference. ;)
    Yes it is: Reread Berty posts
    wiki wrote:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obnoxious
    Annoyance is an unpleasant mental state that is characterized by such effects as irritation and distraction from one's conscious thinking. It can lead to emotions such as frustration and anger. The property of being easily annoyed is called petulance, and something which annoys is called a nuisance.
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/obnoxious
    Very annoying or objectionable

Berty is annoyed about Limerick City council having double yellow on this street. There is plenty of free on-street Parking on other streets around this street on Saturday evening after 5:00pm/5:30pm and all day Sunday.
    It is laziness on the part of Drivers parking on this street or any double yellow lines, especially since Limerick City is getting more deserted with more business are closing down in the city.
    Yesterday (Saturday) evening from 5:30pm onwards there was free on-street parking across Limerick City streets. Many more there is free parking on Saturday on other non-popular streets. There is no excuse to park on double yellow lines.

Some car parks in Limerick are closed on a Sunday so you cannot fit all the cars in the open ones.

Some car parks in Limerick are closed on a Sunday so you cannot fit all the cars in the open ones.
    You clearly did not read my post fully,:rolleyes: please re read my last post. I said there is plenty of free - on-street parking on Sunday and Saturday evening. I been on the street of Limerick and there is plenty of free spaces of on street parking as most shops are closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Outside Liberty Hall Last week

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Chippy01

Outside Liberty Hall Last week

Well, he ain't going anywhere for a while.....:eek:

Yesterday, Lidl - Gorey
    Parking.jpg?t=1280069583
    Two for the price of one...:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

If everyone does it does that make it OK? :D

This discussion has been closed.