Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

jaffa20 wrote: »
    The reg does not have to be registered. Many disabled people have a disabled card and don't drive. It is to be used when their friends are driving them to places etc.

I understand your point though. A lot of the cards could be cloned easily and they are never really checked.

Disability advocacy groups tell me that the permit system is not working very well. Generally regarded as open to abuse and not adequately policed.

Can be very annoying to see able-bodied people using blue badge spaces, but they have the permit because a family member or whoever has a legitimate permit. My understanding is that the blue-badge space is to be used only when there is a disabled person on board, but I suspect that this is not always adhered to. Those spaces are just too tempting for some...

Incidentally, parking illegally in a disabled parking bay is not included in the list of penalty points offences. Why might this be so I wonder?

Finally, I have a few pix of disabled parking bay abuses. Will post these eventually.

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    in your one he left room, in mine he parked in the middle of the footpath ..... I win :D

But but but ... my one was parked on a footpath, on double yellow lines and against the flow of traffic! Double illegality plus disregard for general Rules of the Road re parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

au contraire man with no hair ........ Draw match seen as yours wasnt completely blocking a footpath or a road :D

Right, gloves off now. :cool:

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭redcube

mbiking123 wrote: »
    You can see commercial vehicles parking in disabled spots, if I see a security van or construction van I think I can assume they are not disabled due to the nature of their work

I drive a commercial van and i have a disabled card so am i not disabled
    not all commercial are used for work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭mbiking123

I drive a commercial van and i have a disabled card so am i not disabled
    not all commercial are used for work

do you do security/construction work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

+1 thats a new one...:confused:

mbiking123 wrote: »
    do you do security/construction work
    Used to do construction with the van

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭mbiking123

Bit of a grey area if you have a commercial vehicle and dont use it for commercial reasons

In any case going off topic so will leave it at that

here a vans one i seen this a while back in a petrol station on the Dublin road out of cavan town place was almost empty at 1o'clock in the morning took 3 space in one go
    DSC00466.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

corktina wrote: »
    pah...we used to regularly carry our 5 kids in the back seat back in the days when I was alive....how times change ...
    I can beat that, In our old cortina, there was 10 kids in the back and three in the front passenger seat and 1 of those was disabled when I was a kid with three families of kids going to school in one car. We could have got two more otherwise. There was room in the back window for a kid to spare. The back of the car was lade down with heavy schools bags and a wheelchair in the boot. There was no such thing as seat belts and child seats in those days, and our parents obnoxiously parked in the school playground footpaths every morning and evening. At least I did not have far to walk to get to the car, as my disabled neighbour was a class behind me while all the rest of the kids had to walk over frozen slippery concrete footsteps on frosty morning to get up to the class rooms, Ah, those were the days without a care in the world except when will I get my next chocolate bar biggrin.gif, sooo long ago :(.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Another fine job by O'Hare roofing. :rolleyes:

This van parked and a man, woman and several kids got out and walked away before I could say anything.

138356.jpg

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Are you saying my child has a weight problem? :)

Actually you're looking at the latest MacLaren* variable camber suspension. Great for cornering and general manoeuvrability!

But hang on, what about the obnoxious parker? That's a driving instructor, FFS! No wonder there are so many sh1te drivers on our roads...

* That's MacLaren not McLaren... :)

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/397835/138223.jpg

Is that motors on that buggy? There is also a set of gears. Therefore I can safely assume that You are obnoxiously parked as it is a self propelling vehicle therefore must abide by parking laws.

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    ssmith6287 wrote: »
    This was taken outside harvey norman in drogheda last year. FUNNY

You have to forgive them they just learning to drive.... :rolleyes: As my uncle would say "May god help the kids who they teach to drive." If there is a god then they need all the help they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

TJJP wrote: »

It's a Mini adventure.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

UCD's response to the disabled in the current conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 45,785 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

kbannon wrote: »
    Another fine job by O'Hare roofing. :rolleyes:

This van parked and a man, woman and several kids got out and walked away before I could say anything.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/17702/138356.jpg

That type of inconsiderate crap would put me off employing that company.

Anyone else feel like that? Whenever someone with a vehicle that advertises something cuts me up or acts like an arse on the road - they are put on the list of people/companies not to do business with.

Not that it has made any actually difference in reality, so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Parked wrongly trice again today! I'm still waiting :P

I'll be in limerick from Wednesday onwards so every car i see badly parked I'll kick it and leave a dent :) will that help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Anyone else feel like that? Whenever someone with a vehicle that advertises something cuts me up or acts like an arse on the road - they are put on the list of people/companies not to do business with..

Not parking but there was a 10 reg pick up with tarmac advertising all over it in that came out of the garage in Ballinteer around 5 today and proceeded to fling smowballs (very acturately) at each pedestrian they passed, men, women , kids , elderly folk. the lot.

In fairness, I doubt I'd be employing any "tarmac technicians" anyway but if the need ever arises it wouldnt be them. I tried to get evidence or the mobile number off it but I was driving and the missus was being vigilant as ever and missed it despite me telling her to get her phone out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Bailey05

redcube wrote: »
    i was in cavan town today in the van and i parked in to a space nicely between the lines the car on my left was parked over the line so my passage door was facing the cars drivers door i was so close the mirror of the car was almost touching the van.
    So i hopped out of the van and my dad had to get out of the driver side cause he couldn't get out of the passage side then the owner came up to me and told me to "move my van now or else" i said back "no my van is in between the lines" i walked of to get my stuff came back 5mins later still there waiting for me to move i open the back door of the van and said to my dad in a loud voice "YOU WANT LUNCH" and walked of came back to see them still there but with a clamp on the car as my dad said to a traffic ward on duty that we can't get out of our space cause a car is parked over the line and to close to us where afraid we'd hit it.

I think that's a win for me :D

That is brilliant, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

redcube wrote: »
    I'll be in limerick from Wednesday onwards so every car i see badly parked I'll kick it and leave a dent :) will that help :D

LOL, I'm sure you'll get a welcome reception ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

limklad wrote: »
    I can beat that, In our old cortina, there was 10 kids in the back and three in the front passenger seat and 1 of those was disabled when I was a kid with three families of kids going to school in one car. We could have got two more otherwise. There was room in the back window for a kid to spare. The back of the car was lade down with heavy schools bags and a wheelchair in the boot. There was no such thing as seat belts and child seats in those days, and our parents obnoxiously parked in the school playground footpaths every morning and evening. At least I did not have far to walk to get to the car, as my disabled neighbour was a class behind me while all the rest of the kids had to walk over frozen slippery concrete footsteps on frosty morning to get up to the class rooms, Ah, those were the days without a care in the world except when will I get my next chocolate bar biggrin.gif, sooo long ago :(.

yerra...so did we but i didnt want to appear irresponsible:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Everytime I see the ad for the ix20 I just laugh

obnoxpark.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

graduate wrote: »
    UCD's response to the disabled in the current conditions

Attachment not visible for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ratzo Rizzo

Another three pictures of cars obnoxiously parked in a street opposite Nutgrove, all within a few feet of each other...

twat1.jpg
    The owner of this lovely little car was one of the officials at the crucial world cup qualifier between France and Ireland in Paris. Surprisingly, he didn't see Henry's handball...

twat2.jpg
    The owner of this car parked up and took his dog for a walk. Fortunately for the driver who is registered blind, the dog, a guide dog, was able to find the car again by using sense of smell only!!

twat3.jpg
    This shot is contains a record three assholes that have little or no respect for the public. In the background you can see the cars pictured above. It never fails to amaze me the number of gobsh1tes per square metre we have in this little country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭tmcw

Another three beauties parked in a street opposite Nutgrove all within a few feet of each other...

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/6735/twat1.jpg
    The owner of this lovely little car was one of the officials at the crucial world cup qualifier between France and Ireland in Paris. Surprisingly, he didn't see Henry's handball...

Just 3... I can see 5 (possibly 7) in this one photo alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ratzo Rizzo

tmcw wrote: »
    Just 3... I can see 5 (possibly 7) in this one photo alone!

Sorry... I meant 3 pictures, I'll edit the text to make that a bit clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

Check out this ignorant tool - lunchtime, Airside Retail Park on a Saturday before Xmas; and the owner of this souped up piece of crap decides to BLATANTLY take up 4 spots.

All I can say is....wow.... :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Check out this ignorant tool - lunchtime, Airside Retail Park on a Saturday before Xmas; and the owner of this souped up piece of crap decides to BLATANTLY take up 4 spots.

All I can say is....wow.... :eek:

Well you definitley killed two birds with the one stone there.

Skangermobile thread >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:p

What a piece of junk..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement