Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Koala in Oz bush fire!

Options
  • 11-02-2009 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭

This pic is in the Indo today...break your heart wouldnt it?:oAttachment not found.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Aaah.... yes is the answer to that:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bikki

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭missloulou

awwwwww thats so cute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

My mum just came into me with the newspaper to show me that photo about 2 minutes ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Sam the koala has gone all around the world as the face of the Australian bush fires. Feels a bit weird, to be honest, given the human cost. Still, people empathise more with animals.

• Advertisement

Eh okay, I'll do this gently:

I'm in the bushfires. I've worked 11 days straight at my local hospital because I came in over the weekend to help out. My husband is on a fire truck trying to put them out. I have a major, major sense of humour failure regarding the bushfires, especially how they were started. It's too early for the round of standard post-disaster jokes, and for me it might well always be too early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Relax love, its just a joke.

You have absolutely no idea.

Actually yes, I do. I know fully well what its like to have bad things happen not necessarily to you, but to those around you. However to be offended by someone suggesting that a koala bear started a fire....well, I can only assume/hope its your time of the month. A koala bear has no reason to commit arson.

Aaaaaand, I'm done with this forum.

• Advertisement

Aaaaaand, I'm done with this forum.

Wow. My first 2 posts ever in this forum and you're done with it. And I thought you were easily offended before I posted.

PS: If anyone would like to know what the bushfires are like, here's the link to the thread on boards.ie.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055482185

Since most of you are animal lovers, you *will* be distressed by our accounts of what we have seen and heard in the last five days.

In our world, at the moment, there is simply no room for jokes, or ignorant comments about me being menstrual because I have a sense of humour failure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

bikki wrote: »

Poor pet. That's a really heartwarming but upsetting video. He's probably completely on his own now. God knows how he survived. Hope he finds his way to somewhere safe and where he can survive. Aside from the human tragedy which is obviously awful, there must be thousands of animals dead. It's horrible :(

Good luck with everything Minesajackdaniels, well done with all the work you're doing. Can't imagine what terrible scenes you've witnessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Aww the photo made me melt...that video :o:o has me with tears in my eyes! I hope the little fellas ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Minesajackdaniels, don't leave the forum because of one person, I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like there for you and everyone around you, and whilst I do have a sense of humour, I can totally understand why you find absolutely nothing funny about the situation.

Archimedes has shown his maturity by his comments, seriously I don't think he's worth bothering about.

The pic and the photo are very bittersweet, I guess people try and find some kind of comfort from anything in a situation like that, and helping an animal must have made the firefighters feel a little bit better for a little while.

Good luck over there, I hope you and your family and friends are all safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Now, cop on folks. The jokes are not funny.

Any more jokes will result in a one month holiday.

Keep up the good work Minesajackdaniels. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

So very sorry; we were thinking of you y'day and planning to ask you today if you and all yours were safe.

Sometimes it overwhelms folk so much they can only do this. It was the same after Katrina; and, there to o, caring for animals was the only way they could cope.

Stay safe and know we are praying for you. Here, safe in Ireland, we an hardly start to imagine the utter devastation there. We do not have TV or radio.

Blessings , and all prayers from Ireland.
    Eh okay, I'll do this gently:

I'm in the bushfires. I've worked 11 days straight at my local hospital because I came in over the weekend to help out. My husband is on a fire truck trying to put them out. I have a major, major sense of humour failure regarding the bushfires, especially how they were started. It's too early for the round of standard post-disaster jokes, and for me it might well always be too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

Thinking of you Minesajackdaniels and everyone else in the terrible fires .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Sad news today, Sam lost her battle to the life-threatening disease urogenital chlamydiosis.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Oh that's so sad :( Poor Sam :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement