Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

We may be witnessing the finest performance in irish sporting history from mcilroy in the us open, and rte show the gaa first on the sports news :rolleyes:

Probably because golf isn't a real sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Wish RTE would spend some of the licence fee on the rights to the majors instead of on Ryan Tubridy's salary. :mad:

http://www.fromsportcom.com/v-2/8/142/v-294302.html

There you go, don't blame me if your wrecked tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

copacetic wrote: »
    That would cost in the region of 100 times his salary. Prob not great value.

Ah I'd say it'd be worth it occasionally!
    http://www.fromsportcom.com/v-2/8/142/v-294302.html

There you go, don't blame me if your wrecked tomorrow :)

You sir, are a legend. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,166 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Probably because golf isn't a real sport.

There's "Sports" Star of the Year award right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Can any computer geeks out there (Robinph maybe?) tell me how I can input a photo into a post on boards.ie? Anytime I try to do it I can only get links to the photos in my posts. How can I do it that the actual photo is seen in the post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

You need to use the IMG tag in the same way as you use the for bold text etc
    400px-Boards_big.jpg
    You must use the direct link to the image file (ie. the URL you enter must end in a .jpg or .bmp or .png, etc etc.)

RayCun wrote: »

If you want to input a photo from your computer so it is seen in the post can this be done? Or does it only work for photos that are already on the internet and have a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

04072511 wrote: »
    If you want to input a photo from your computer so it is seen in the post can this be done? Or does it only work for photos that are already on the internet and have a link?

Have to be on the net, I think, otherwise you can only add as an attachment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Get a free account with photobucket, that's what i do.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

You can add a photo as an attachment (see the [Manage Attachments] button when writing a post). After uploading the photo and before clicking [Submit Reply] in the Attachment not found.6034073

But it will also have an 'attached images' table, like this \/

• Advertisement

Brilliant stuff Krusty. That seems to work. Now what is a quick pain free way of making a photo smaller in size so that when I input it into my posts on boards it comes out at a reasonable size rather than enormous?

Brilliant stuff Krusty. That seems to work. Now what is a quick pain free way of making a photo smaller in size so that when I input it into my posts on boards it comes out at a reasonable size rather than enormous?
    It depends on your Operating system. If you're using Windows XP, I would just use the Windows XP PowerToy Image resizer. If you're using Vista/Win7, someone has created an equivalent tool: Image Resizer. Once installed, you can just right click any image in Explorer and choose the size you wish to resize the image to.

Alternatively, you could upload the Image to a service like pix.ie or Flickr, and then from the interface choose the size of photo you want to share, and copy the appropriate URL.

It depends on your Operating system. If you're using Windows XP, I would just use the Windows XP PowerToy Image resizer. If you're using Vista/Win7, someone has created an equivalent tool: Image Resizer. Once installed, you can just right click any image in Explorer and choose the size you wish to resize the image to.

Alternatively, you could upload the Image to a service like pix.ie or Flickr, and then from the interface choose the size of photo you want to share, and copy the appropriate URL.

Thanks.

Actually came across this site.

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

Quick and painless. Just what I was looking for me. Does the job anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

I really hope Kirilenko makes it to the next round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Woddle wrote: »
    I had to google 'Kirilenko' to see who she is! So I assume its her tennis ability your supporting:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

You can add a photo as an attachment (see the [Manage Attachments] button when writing a post). After uploading the photo and before clicking [Submit Reply] in the Attachment not found.6034073

But it will also have an 'attached images' table, like this \/

Thank you Krusty, thank you Woddle. After years this forum finally proves its worth.

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-pZ2xrQnFEWY/TgYl4vSQIbI/AAAAAAAAAZ0/qtnyjNZqY0s/s640/maria.jpg" height="640" width="477"[/IMG]

I'd love to see her playing tennis in that outfit. If fact, if all ladies tennis was played in that kind of outfit it would be actually worth watching:pac:

I don't see what all these picture of Kirilenko have to do with running? :confused:

Wait, here's a picture of her running:

maria-kirilenko_03.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

I don't see what all these picture of Kirilenko have to do with running? :confused:

maria-kirilenko_03.jpg

Nice....ehhh form....

She lost :(

• Advertisement

I thought I'd be in bed by now but Cold play are just rocking it, never really had alot of time for them before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 moondrizzle

Anybody elses hayfever kicking the crap out of them?

This actually works:

Start the day with a Xyzal before breakfast (or whatever other antihistamine you feel works a little).

Wait a little and then wash one Actifed tablet down with 2 or 3 spoons of Benylin Cough Medicne (Not the non-drowzy!) It should contain Diphenhydramine hydrochloride as the main ingredient. These are both available over the counter without prescription. These two can be taken again later if symptoms return.

Nasal sprays are dirty and they make my symptoms wild and unpredictable, so I avoid them.

The old reliable injection works well for about two weeks and then symptoms come rushing back full-force. Plus the risks involved with this treatment are too great so this should also be avoided.

When it comes to the eyes, I know it's hard but just don't ****ing rub them!!! If they get itchy or sore relieve them by wiping them with a cold, wet tissue or something like that, just not toilet paper! and not too hard! just wipe the edges of the eylids from the inside out.
    And when you do rub your eyes with your hands and they get big and sore, bathe them with cotton-wool soaked in hot water mixed with a pinch of salt. Do this at least twice a day if the eyes get bad!

I know that there are many different types of hayfever, and all this could be useless to someone else, but for me this is a lifesaver and it at least worth a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

maria-kirilenko_03.jpg

Its the Off topic thread ya dont need her running

But very much approve none the less:D

College exam results out this morning. Four distinctions, three merits and a pass.
    WAHOO:D:D
    I even got a merit in maths.:eek: How I don't know.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Well done that man...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Have to admit I'm somewhat embarrassed to come from the same county as these boyos :o

Healy-Rae won TV show after 3600 dail calls

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Have to admit I'm somewhat embarrassed to come from the same county as these boyos
    I can really see him throwing a fit, like the girl in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory..

"But I want to win the competition Daddy, and I want it NOW!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

opus wrote: »
    Have to admit I'm somewhat embarrassed to come from the same county as these boyos :o

Healy-Rae won TV show after 3600 dail calls

Tell me about it, I still live in the same constituency. :mad::(:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Did you hear him this morning on Newstalk, talk about a brass neck, but the sad thing is some people will think he's great because of it, how else can you explain he and his familys popularity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Did you hear him this morning on Newstalk, talk about a brass neck, but the sad thing is some people will think he's great because of it, how else can you explain he and his familys popularity.

What did he say? I was in work before the interview came on.

Advertisement