Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Come Dine with boards.ie

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bubblicious

Just wondering did this thing ever actually kick off?? Would love to do one in Cork if anyone is interested?!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭rynners

it does sound an interesting thing to do...

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭niamh4626

i'd be interested, I live in Dublin too, it think it would be great fun, something different for a couple of evenings like!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭lynsalot

Oh I love this show!!! Was wondering how I'd host a party though? my kitchen is in my living room beside the kitchen table so i'd be stressing out at the cooker with everyone watching me lol

anyway did it kick off i live in dublin and i think it would be a good idea.... bit wary of the oul meet ups off the internet though. Anyone else??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Perhaps this is a little too ambitious before it can get off the ground. What about doing something more small-scale to start off, one or two recipes or a venue that lets people in to do something? That's how I learned how to bake brown bread around 10 years ago. http://www.goireland.com/cavan/lifeforce-mill-attraction-mills-historical-id13171.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Princess Sparky

Hi,
    I just stumbled across this thread! I love Come Dine with Me! :) Was the suggestion ever put into practice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭NotSoDumbBlonde

I'm new to Boards.ie so I dont know whether you guys are all in a group or whether you know each other from posting etc!? But, I would be really interested in staging a Come Dine With Me type scenario. Love the show - love cooking - cant find mates that are interested. Or at least the ones that are interested cant actually cook!

So bring it on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 pinkgal

I'm new to Boards.ie so I dont know whether you guys are all in a group or whether you know each other from posting etc!? But, I would be really interested in staging a Come Dine With Me type scenario. Love the show - love cooking - cant find mates that are interested. Or at least the ones that are interested cant actually cook!

So bring it on!

Hey guys I am the same in limerick area and just posted on limerick thread looking for people to do this!

did it take off?

anyone from limerick intereste?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Deepsense wrote: »

Main - Chicken Chasseur (Cross & Blackewell)

Attachment not found.

Do you have a recipie for the chicken - looks lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

pinkgal wrote: »
    Hey guys I am the same in limerick area and just posted on limerick thread looking for people to do this!

did it take off?

anyone from limerick intereste?

I am also from Limerick and I love the show, but I am not the best cook in the world (just getting into it now) best of luck if you do get it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭itsnotmyname

I'm addicted to Come Dine With Me ....and myself and a group of friends have decided to take on the challenge. I'm defo not an experienced cook, but will give it a go for the laugh:eek:. The group goes out to a restaurant at the end of the month , and the winner goes free :D Will let u's know how it goes !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 IcedJade

Have you got an update as to whether it took off or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 mccarre4

Hi All,

Any update on this idea? It would be great if we got it off the ground.
    Perhaps someone could host the first night, for a start, everyone chip in €20 to cover that persons costs and depending on how the first night goes, make arrangements for a follow up in an the next hosts place.

It could be a rolling event whereby you are grouped with the same 4 people, each group of 4 would then decide how many times a year they would like to meet. In the event that you cant attend one of the nights you much find a replacement through boards.

In the event that a group member can not host, they must find an alternative venue (perhaps a kind group member would provide their house again)

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭appleb

I would be interested in doing this but I live in Drogheda. Anyone from these parts interested in doing it for the laugh?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Did anyone watch the catch up CDWM from Basinstoke today ?
    The winner donated £500 of her prize to another contestant called Spencer. Spencer's 23 year old sister was suffering from cancer and he was raising money for the hospital looking after his sister. Watched the show, very entertaining. Spencer was a lovely character. I was shocked to read at the end of the show that he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer shortly after the show and died 2 months later ! Very sad.
    http://www.channel4.com/food/on-tv/come-dine-with-me/series-5/basingstoke/spencer-uren-s-menu_p_1.html

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place, perhaps the mods would be kind enough to redirect if necessary- Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

jos28 wrote: »
    Did anyone watch the catch up CDWM from Basinstoke today ?
    The winner donated £500 of her prize to another contestant called Spencer. Spencer's 23 year old sister was suffering from cancer and he was raising money for the hospital looking after his sister. Watched the show, very entertaining. Spencer was a lovely character. I was shocked to read at the end of the show that he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer shortly after the show and died 2 months later ! Very sad.
    http://www.channel4.com/food/on-tv/come-dine-with-me/series-5/basingstoke/spencer-uren-s-menu_p_1.html

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place, perhaps the mods would be kind enough to redirect if necessary- Thanks

I saw that alright, it was very sad :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Hi everyone, new boardie here.

My name is De, I live in Dublin, and I'm a ComeDineWithMe-aholic. I've often said that I'd love to go on it, but I couldn't handle the 'being on telly' aspect.

I'm all kinds of up for doing something like this.

Folks, it seems to me that you have more than enough interested participants, but one of you is going to have to take responsibility and sort this out. If no-one is willing to, then I'm going to assume this idea isn't a flyer and I'll unsticky it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The Cooking Club seems like a more viable option so far..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 cromabu

count me in if you decide to go ahead !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭itsnotmyname

me too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Well then, the first question is going to be 'What night suits people?'.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭anucksunamun

I would love to join up, anyone in Waterford interested?

thought you all might be interested in this:
    http://www.comedineforspencer.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lizOn

Hi there
    I'd be very interested in hearing from anyone who has tried hosting Come Dine With Me parties - were they a success and how did you manage the voting and prize money etc.
    Thanks, Liz

I'm unstickying this thread as no-one seems willing to actually take charge and organise anything.

Advertisement