Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

+M4 S System+

Options
  • 22-04-2009 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭

Hii can people just give me some good ideas for upgrading my AEG.. Thanks :rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Moved to troubleshooting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

New tightbore barrel, new hop rubber - accuracy

Turbo motor, high voltage battery, bearing bushes - rof

They are the basics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

Well what direction do you want to upgade it in? Reliability, power, rate of fire, realism etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭+*EliteSniper*+

Toasty113 wrote: »
    Well what direction do you want to upgade it in? Reliability, power, rate of fire, realism etc.

Probably power and distance .. Getting a new hop up bucking for it.. will that be good for it?

What fps is it firing at at the moment do you know? Because upgrading the fps can get tricky if its close to the limit, but a tightbore barrel would probably do it.

Yeah a new bucking would be fine, is it one of those Guarder hop ups cause just about everyone gets them so they must do something good.

Oh yea and what make is your AEG

• Advertisement

Yep its the Guarder one..Getting a silencer aswell would that increase distance or anything saying it is extending the barrel ? I don't know for sure what the fps is Going to Drogheda airsoft on Saturday so ill be getting it chronographed up there then ill find out :) O its an M4 S System

• Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Yep its the Guarder one..Getting a silencer aswell would that increase distance or anything saying it is extending the barrel ? I don't know for sure what the fps is Going to Drogheda airsoft on Saturday so ill be getting it chronographed up there then ill find out :) O its an M4 S System

No, silencers are pretty much just for aesthetics, although Gemtech HALO silencers reduce the sound so I've heard.

You could extend the barrel into the silencer but that means you couldnt take it off mid skirmish. Some silencers work well, but theyre just a bit pointless thanks to the motor.

Oh and I meant what company makes it, sorry.

You could extend the barrel into the silencer but that means you couldnt take it off mid skirmish. Some silencers work well, but theyre just a bit pointless thanks to the motor.

Oh and I meant what company makes it, sorry.
    Aw right..Emm its Dboys..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

hi iv a dboys s system and so far iv done the following modifications:
    mad bull 6.03 inner barel
    g&g hopup unit
    mad bull hop up rubber
    metal g/box bearings
    pom piston (full metal teeth) and silent, bearing piston head
    tm eg 1000 motor
    changed the stock to solid one to take 3000mha battery
    metal upper receiver upper & lower (abs ones came on it)
    silencer
    scope

hope this may give you ideas!!

• Advertisement

thermo wrote: »
    hi iv a dboys s system and so far iv done the following modifications:
    mad bull 6.03 inner barel
    g&g hopup unit
    mad bull hop up rubber
    metal g/box bearings
    pom piston (full metal teeth) and silent, bearing piston head
    tm eg 1000 motor
    changed the stock to solid one to take 3000mha battery
    metal upper receiver upper & lower (abs ones came on it)
    silencer
    scope

hope this may give you ideas!!
    Thanks Thermo can you give me roughly the price of all the mods.. if you want to pm me instead its ok..

Get back to us on what fps you have, that will make it much easier to know what upgrades you should do.

Oh and those upgrades probably amounted to quite a bit.

Get back to us on what fps you have, that will make it much easier to know what upgrades you should do.

Oh and those upgrades probably amounted to quite a bit.
    Don't worry ill be on as soon as i get home talking bout it..I think its 0.9 joule ill get the proper number on Saturday for ya's.

mine shoots @321 fps with .2's the internals probably cost well over €150 but hey its my project gun!!

mine shoots @321 fps with .2's the internals probably cost well over €150 but hey its my project gun!!
    Same price as the AEG lol emm i might save up and get a few mods not as much as you thou... Thanks for the help lad.. If ya's got any more ideas for me ill be happy to read them all :)

well 1st i did accrucey then firepower and now its as accurate as a sniper rifle and the firepower of a support gun (nearly)!!

well 1st i did accrucey then firepower and now its as accurate as a sniper rifle and the firepower of a support gun (nearly)!!
    What mod should i get if i want it to be more accurate ?

What mod should i get if i want it to be more accurate ?

i would say barel and hop up rubber.

i would say barel and hop up rubber.
    Would the guarder silicon hop up bucking be good?

id go with a mad bull one!! avalible in a certain irish retailer who cant be NAMED........ but i think there is 2 in a pack and i think the pack is €10.

• Advertisement

id go with a mad bull one!! avalible in a certain irish retailer who cant be NAMED........ but i think there is 2 in a pack and i think the pack is €10.
    Right ill prob go with one of those then thanks am away to bed now school in the morning talk you you tomorrow..

ok good luck and happy hunting, can send ya a pic of the gun tomorrow if ya like??

ok good luck and happy hunting, can send ya a pic of the gun tomorrow if ya like??
    Sounds cool gettin my silencer and scope and all for mine on Friday i have pics up of mine in the photo section if you want to check them out.. Ok good luck..Take care..

Hey what bipod is that?

its a "harris" type not sure of the brand though

Is that yours thermo? :eek:

ya thats mine,,,,,, looks sh*te at the moment need to re do the paint job,,,,,,,,its gettin a little worn looking!

ya thats mine,,,,,, looks sh*te at the moment need to re do the paint job,,,,,,,,its gettin a little worn looking!
    u got a new stock? Nice paint job reminds me of cod4 lol red tiger stripes

• Advertisement

ya a new m16 stock to house a ASG 3000mah battery!:D

Advertisement