Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miscarriage commemoration

Options
  • 27-04-2009 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi guys....
    NOt sure if i this is the right place for this.... Please move it or let me know where i should post....

I had a miscarriage a few years back... This was no ordinary loving situation as it was a result of rape. I tried to black it all out at the time and now it has come back to me. I am dealing with it with the help of a wonderful counsellor. She has been so helpful. I was advised that maybe i should do something to honour this baby... I know people say plant a tree... but to be honest everytime i'd see the tree I'd think of what happened and the tree would be getting bigger.... I thought about a mass for a 'special intention' or planting a flower....

Has anyone any ideas? I'm really struggling but feel its hanging over my head... I need to do something....

MG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

I would say do what you are most comfortable with, what feels right.

If it is a special mass - so be it.
    It should help you acknowledge what happened and hopefully move on.

Trying to ignore it tends to it hitting you like a ton of bricks whenever you get more vulnerable.

Hope it all works out for you

xxx

ebmma

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

You could maybe release a baloon (though it may be tearful at the time, it does give a great sense of release), having a mass said is nice also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

A friend of mine has had several miscarriages and a few years back she had 2 stars named after what she was going to call them.

It's an awful situation for you to be in and I cannot imagine how you feel, so I dont know if naming your child would make it easier or harder for you, but perhaps giving the child it's own identity might seperate it from the actual incident, and the idea that a star is shining for your child might be quite comforting for you.

Best of luck with the counselling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Meathgirl

Thanks guys,

Will think about these....

MG

Advertisement