Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those coco earrings

Options
  • 02-05-2009 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Claire121

You know the ones like this:

http://www.crazy-factory.com/images/product_images/info_images/ice3_bg.jpg

I really like them and have a few pairs, but I'm a bit worried as they stretch your ears a bit so I never wear them for long. If I say, wore them for a week, would the holes shrink back to normal size when I took them out? Sorry if it's a stupid question!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

why would they stretch your ears??? the pins look a normal guage for an ear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Claire121

Nope, they are a good bit thicker than normal earring posts. When you take them out after a few hours, the hole is noticeably bigger.

:eek:you got pierced by a gun:eek:

Ears shrink back to normal anhwere from 8-10mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

i wore them all of last summer, they're a little bigger than standard earring, but they dont strecth your ears:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Claire121

:eek:you got pierced by a gun:eek:

Ears shrink back to normal anhwere from 8-10mm

Where did I say I got pierced by a gun?? And how is that relevant anyway?

• Advertisement

It's relevent as if it's from a gun it's pirced at .8mm instead of the standard 1.2/1.6 needle.

• It's relevent as if it's from a gun it's pirced at .8mm instead of the standard 1.2/1.6 needle.

It hardly makes any difference once you've been wearing earrings for years. I personally have one set of earlobe piercings done with a gun and another with a needle and the holes are the same size. I've been wearing standard sized silver earrings in both for years. Do you really think girls walk around with titanium barbells in their earlobes all their lives? My needle done piercings are now too small for the original jewellery.

Those wood/coco earrings stretch your piercings slightly, look at the way the posts are shaped. They are considerably thicker in the middle than a regular earring post. I've worn them for a few days at a time and never had a problem with the hole going back to normal afterwards. They can irritate the piercing because the wood can be abrasive, sort of 'drag' on the hole as you pull it out. I've had some soreness and redness afterwards, the odd time.

And BTW, sorry if I misunderstood your post but I don't see the point in chastizing people because they got pierced with a gun. The vast majority of girls did, as a child because their parents didn't know any better. I wish I hadn't been and it irritates me when people feel they have to point it out or rub it in. As soon as I was old enough to know better, I got all my piercings with a needle in reputable studios. One can hardly turn back the clock!

[quote=[Deleted User];60079699]It hardly makes any difference once you've been wearing earrings for years. I personally have one set of earlobe piercings done with a gun and another with a needle and the holes are the same size. I've been wearing standard sized silver earrings in both for years. Do you really think girls walk around with titanium barbells in their earlobes all their lives? My needle done piercings are now too small for the original jewellery.

Those wood/coco earrings stretch your piercings slightly, look at the way the posts are shaped. They are considerably thicker in the middle than a regular earring post. I've worn them for a few days at a time and never had a problem with the hole going back to normal afterwards. They can irritate the piercing because the wood can be abrasive, sort of 'drag' on the hole as you pull it out. I've had some soreness and redness afterwards, the odd time.

And BTW, sorry if I misunderstood your post but I don't see the point in chastizing people because they got pierced with a gun. The vast majority of girls did, as a child because their parents didn't know any better. I wish I hadn't been and it irritates me when people feel they have to point it out or rub it in. As soon as I was old enough to know better, I got all my piercings with a needle in reputable studios. One can hardly turn back the clock![/quote]
    It would make a difference depending on the person, you dont think all women downsize there lobes do you? (see it's easy to spin it one way or the other)
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Anyone can see that the vast majority of women wear regular, shop bought earrings - dangly, hoop or stud earrings, not titanium jewellery. Yes, most of them probably were pierced as children with a gun, but even for those who were done with a needle, most people do not keep titanium jewellery in. People actually commented when I wore barbells in my second holes because it's quite unusual to see. Most people either switch to 'regular' earrings or start stretching up.

What is your point, anyway? You were the one who assumed a poster was pierced by a gun when she had not said so. You seem very keen to jump on the 'guns are so evil' bandwagon without even knowing the basic facts of the situation. It's a bit of a jump to tell someone they were pierced by a gun just because coco earrings stretch their ears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

o.0

Chill out please the both of ye :)
    Fighting over which way her ears were pierced is a bit mad.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Really isn't any point in chastising the OP for something she may or may not have done, and I think we can safely say there are more than a few women (myself included) and men that have gunned lobes on this board.

To the OP: They probably won't stretch your ears noticably if you can get them in and out without problems. The ones I've seen/held have been a hell of a lot lighter than the dangly earrings lots of people wear. In fact I'd wager that the slightly larger size of the jewellery will make them less likely to make your ear look stretched than the heavy danglies with tiny, tiny hooks worn by lots of people.

Edit: Sorry Will, wrote this before you posted :P

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

mine were pierced with a gun because i was 5 years old when they were done and i don't think my mother would be the type to bring her very young child to a tattoo/piercing studion in germany to pay 5 times the price and have some tattooed man stick needles in her childs ears :D

all the others except my cartilage piercing i've done myself :O so none of mine have started at anytnhing bigger than .8mm

claire, i switch between heavy 1.6mm and regular earrings every now and again and the hole seems to shrink fairly quickly when i do so i wouldn't worry about it, they don't look very heavy at all so don't think they'd pull much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

anyone know where you can get those wooden earrings in dublin? I got a pair a few years ago in France but lost them recently, Id' only where them for a day or two then wear regular studs/hoops, so haven't noticed any change in the holes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i used to have a few pairs of these.at the time i didnt have my ears stretched at all and i found that it did stretch them up a little,but as soon as you take them out it shrinks right back down again,its only a very small stretch,you can get them on the stalls around grafton and they had them in georges arcade too last time i was in

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Tinchy

whats the difference in piercing with a gun or needle?
    i got my ears pierced when i was about 5 or 6, i assume with a gun, it is just that the hole is bigger?

Tinchy wrote: »
    i got my ears pierced when i was about 5 or 6, i assume with a gun, it is just that the hole is bigger?

Click the link and have a read

Why piercing guns are bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Tinchy wrote: »

http://tattoo.about.com/cs/psafety/a/piercing_guns.htm
    http://www.namaii.com/suck/
    http://news.bmezine.com/2003/05/09/piercing-guns-are-blasphemy-the-publishers-ring/

... ONE OF THESE DAYS, WILL! *shakes fist*

haha, i don't mean to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

I saw those earrings, ( we are talking about those half-moon and pin wooden ones, right?) in snake bite.

Advertisement