Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC Punchestown 28/06/09

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Races are on, so it'll take a while to get down there, or at least that's my thinking behind it.

Should be a good buzz - Every bar in Dublin was blasting out some AC/DC tonight.

Does anyone know what the story is with buying tickets for the bus from Dublin (Dublin Bus bus) tomorrow? Only got back to Dublin at 5:30pm this evening and ticket sales had closed :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Myself and my dad are in Kildare now. Place is hopping. Is it possible to pay for the Dublin Bus service back from Punchestown I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Just awake now and feeling a bit ropey but a breakfast beer and a listen of back in black will cure me.. then the bus to deal with!

Just awake now and feeling a bit ropey but a breakfast beer and a listen of back in black will cure me.. then the bus to deal with!

At 6:40am.... Normally I wouldn't condone this kind of thing but........... FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK.......... it's acceptable to drink alcohol early

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I am going now in about 10mins :D going drinking with mates then a bus to catch at 11.30 can not wait, could barely sleep last night :(

• Advertisement

I am going now in about 10mins :D going drinking with mates then a bus to catch at 11.30 can not wait, could barely sleep last night :(

You might feel tired later on but when that first strum of the guitar is blasted out around Punchestown you'll be revitalised in a shower of rock and fcuking roll!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭YT

That_Guy wrote: »
    You might feel tired later on but when that first strum of the guitar is blasted out around Punchestown you'll be revitalised in a shower of rock and fcuking roll!!!

:eek: :D

My parents bought the ticket for me for my christmas present! Happy Christmas to me :cool:

Not going for the bus till 4.30, my cousin is coming with us and she's pregnant so we decided to go down a bit later. Gives me time to take the air guitar out and practise though!

Enjoy everybody. Rock on!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Can't believe its today!

Only downer is my mates are travelling from home and me from town so I gotta hang around like a tool all day cause they're leaving way too late and I have their tickets.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Heading over to naas in bout hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭doug1970

sensible wrote: »
    Pat McManus would be ideal for the spot + he's has the experience of playing in front of massive crowds from his days playing with the MAMA'S BOYS

oh yes !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

getting my beer on. Woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

pace yourself now!!!!!!!:D

you pace yourself! Today, Im a rock degen! i plan to be mouldy drunk, i just wrote my mates address on my arm to help me find my way home.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

To be honest i prefer to be sober to enjoy the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

zuroph wrote: »
    you pace yourself! Today, Im a rock degen! i plan to be mouldy drunk, i just wrote my mates address on my arm to help me find my way home.

Attachment not found.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Fúck, news reports of 70k crowd, gonna be a long journey down and back.

Dcully wrote: »
    To be honest i prefer to be sober to enjoy the show.
    suit urself nerdlinger :p

nah, I wont be that bad. just letting the hair down a bit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

all aboard the rock n roll train!!!!! todays journey includes the battering of the blizzards The Answer FINALLY getting the attention they deserve in ireland followed by the best set we shall ever see in our lives from the awsome acadaca!!!! anyone excited?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

\0/
    Cant Wait for this :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Can't wait, from what I've heard about the stage, it's going to be the same show as the O2 and that was AWESOME!!! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Will be good to hear how the concert went and if the transport back was better than Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Hasnt been good reports this end, just thought I'd see if there was anyone back from it yet. Mr. Smelltheglove is on his way home and said he was one of a large crowd leaving early. Lets see how everyone else rated it, I couldnt go as someone had to look after the kids, we spent the day in the zoo, hubbie says he would have preferred that!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Eeep, that's not looking good then.

I ended up not going, and left it too late to give away my tickets. Oh well - Maybe I saved myself a soaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Eeep, that's not looking good then.

I ended up not going, and left it too late to give away my tickets. Oh well - Maybe I saved myself a soaking.

There was a few people we know that didnt bother going at the last minute, but he usually enjoys every gig so it will be interesting to see the majority verdict.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

My bf parked in Goffs but couldnt get on a bus and ended up having to walk to Punchestown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Red Devil

Can't compare to the point, but a cracking gig expect spoiled somewhat by poor organisation.

Set was slighty shorter than our epic journey out. Left town at 6 and got into the gig at 8.50. Partially caused by late arrivals, but did Dublin bus need to send out the 30 empty buses in advance,

This was topped by the fiasco at the end!

Just managed to make it on to a Dubln bus after the barriers for the queue were broken through as the security were not stopping people breaking the line at the top. Combination of idiots in the queue, but p*** poor organisation and hrard to say if there was not enough security or just no cop on.
    Apologies for the bullets, writing on the bus as we move out of Naas.

Pretty scary and could have ended badly, why can we not do the simple things right!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

haven't heard from anyone since before the gig - a mate was on a bus before 5 and was still goin nowhere at 7:40, they said to allow for 3 hours for the trip but to be honest at that time it should have been fine......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

that... Was... Amazing... Incredible... Mind blowing... I was in the pit right up the front. Just wow

Advertisement