Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Macbook, or router?

• 08-06-2009 2:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

I have a problem for few days now... I have a eircom netopia router, downstairs in my house, and i am using it to connect my computers wirelessly, everything worked fine few days ago but now i cannot connect my macbook, at second floor, it connected fine before but now it wont connect ad if it connect then Internet speed is very slow, i tested connection with istumbler and it shown me 50-60% signal strength, i think its enough to connect and use Internet at normal speed, also i had done research in Internet because i taught its my macbook airport problem, but then i tested my other laptop which is windows, and it has problems to connect either! any experience with issues like this? Maybe its eircom router or macbook, because windows laptops had better connection when i finally connected it... Strange thing is all my laptops finds all my neighbour routers, but mine is in house and they sometimes cant find it!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

When did you last reboot the router?

Try turning it off for 30 seconds and then turn it back on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭marelz2

Soundman wrote: »
    When did you last reboot the router?

Try turning it off for 30 seconds and then turn it back on.

Done that but nothing! I decided to not disturb the eircom i just will buy cat5 patch cabels and install them to towo of my computer and one windows laptop will still be connected wirelessly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Dartz

You might be getting a strong signal, but if there are any other wireless networks in the area, they might be interfering with yours somehow. Though I really don't know how these things work...

Advertisement