Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP! MISSING CAT

• 12-07-2009 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Our 4 year old cat went missing Thursday evening St. Flannans area of Ennis. :(

He's a timid black & white cat similar to Felix cat with white socks. Slim build with short hair.

Kids are distraught he's a much loved family member.

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Teadrinker

Claregirl wrote: »
    Our 4 year old cat went missing Thursday evening St. Flannans area of Ennis. :(

He's a timid black & white cat similar to Felix cat with white socks. Slim build with short hair.

Kids are distraught he's a much loved family member.

Any help appreciated!

If you haven't already, maybe get the neighbours to check their garden sheds. Most effective way is for them to prop the shed door open, go around to side or back and give it a good clatter and any stray beast will shoot out. Some neighbours may even be on holidays, so you might have to do a bit of wall scaling and calling cat's name! Hope you find him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 NiamhK

I feel your pain. My cat went missing and I canvassed the whole of Ennis trying to find her. It's just heart wrenching, I know.

Was he neutered? Tom's tend to go from rambles out of the blue, be prepared to have him returning looking like he's been in the wars! A picture would be handy as I pass that way every day and I'll keep an eye out for him.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and my eyes open.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Thanks Niamh!

He was neutered and hasn't ever gone too far from home before now. I'm still hoping he's just wandered a bit too far and I'll find him sitting on the doorstep any day now.

Pic attached. Unfortunately it's a little dated and the best I could find. He's lively and would never sit still for a photo!

Attachment not found.

Oh my god, he is identical to one of my cats Swishy McSwisherton (don't ask) Have you put up posters, some children could have brought him home with them and been allowed to keep him as a pet and he may be curled up on a big armchair somewhere. Try canvassing the area and the shops, Dunnes/Tescos included, you'd never know, someone might recognise him as the stray that wandered into their life!

Best of luck Claregirl

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Cat found trapped in Neighbours house after 9 days. He ate a full tin of cat food when we got him home and is now spending most of his time in the garden soaking up the sun!!

Thanks for the help everyone!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭johnnyonionring

love a happy ending :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Suzannem

aw that is great that your cat has come back home safe and sound :)

Aw, that is brilliant. I had thought the worst as my cat never returned and it's been over two years now. Really lifted my spirits there that he's home safe and sound. Let the pampering begin!

Advertisement