Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Post a pic of your bike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

blade1 wrote: »
    That's the 954 and the original one is the 600,yeah?

Nope.
    Both race bikes are CBR 600rr racers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭tonytoc11

Bought this Triumph Daytona 675 at the weekend. Full service history with 14k miles. Very different to drive compared to my K6 GSXR 600, but power available at any rpm.

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

tonytoc11 wrote:
    Bought this Triumph Daytona 675 at the weekend. Full service history with 14k miles. Very different to drive compared to my K6 GSXR 600, but power available at any rpm.

Love to try one of them, always think they look quite small, how is it for comfort?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

20190324-193600.jpg

The honda Devil! White looks good at night :) I'm happy with it, it's a good solid bike could do with a few more bhp but you cant have everything. Picked it up at the RSA auction there before Christmas and it's a nice clean machine with 13000kms on it which is good for a 2007. Most of the Deauvilles I see on donedeal and eBay have 60 to 100km up on them. So I have a few miles left in her yet.

It's just a nice solid relaxing machine. A few mods on the way heated grips, Led Spotlights and body coloured reflective markings. So it will look normal durning the day but light up like the sun at night.

One of the few middle weight shaft drive bikes left at the moment. Pitty they didn't up grade them with a bigger engine and a few more bits and pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭tonytoc11

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Love to try one of them, always think they look quite small, how is it for comfort?

I'm really impressed by the power delivery. Very nice for the road. the seat position id higher than my old K6, but it definitely feels lighter and more nimble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

2shea wrote: »
    [/url]

The honda Devil! White looks good at night :) I'm happy with it, it's a good solid bike could do with a few more bhp but you cant have everything. Picked it up at the RSA auction there before Christmas and it's a nice clean machine with 13000kms on it which is good for a 2007. Most of the Deauvilles I see on donedeal and eBay have 60 to 100km up on them. So I have a few miles left in her yet.

It's just a nice solid relaxing machine. A few mods on the way heated grips, Led Spotlights and body coloured reflective markings. So it will look normal durning the day but light up like the sun at night.

One of the few middle weight shaft drive bikes left at the moment. Pitty they didn't up grade them with a bigger engine and a few more bits and pieces.

Had a Deauville myself for a few years, absolutely great bikes for commuting and light touring.

As a heads up, the exhaust is renowned for rotting around the headers and the replacement is costly. Check around the headers for pinholes starting to form, given the year of the bike you may still be able to get an OEM set of pipes, but personally I went with the Blackwidow pipes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Had a Deauville myself for a few years, absolutely great bikes for commuting and light touring.

As a heads up, the exhaust is renowned for rotting around the headers and the replacement is costly. Check around the headers for pinholes starting to form, given the year of the bike you may still be able to get an OEM set of pipes, but personally I went with the Blackwidow pipes.

Friend of mine also has the full black widow system on their dullville for the same reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

zubair wrote: »
    Friend of mine also has the full black widow system on their dullville for the same reason.

Are they honestly that bad? this is the main reason i was put off buying one, plus i couldn't fit one down the side of my house due to the panniers.

Not bad, just dull. They're 100% a commuter work horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

The deauville can get a bit rough looking because they're out in hail rain and snow.
    Best bike for the money that honda ever made to go to work on. Just not a polished Sunday bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

20190327-114659.jpgall weapons in fallout 3

Clean for a 21 year old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

2shea wrote: »
    20190324-193600.jpg

You will want to replace the plug caps with NGK units asap, they give trouble.
    Fresh rubber and fluids and you will be well set for the summer.

zubair wrote: »

God I hate you so much right now zubair, it's a great bike! :pac:

Black Widow are basically the only EU manufacturer of the exhaust system. Honda stopped doing them back in 2015 or so for the old models, so these days Black Widow corner the market.

You can trawl through Ebay to try and get an OEM exhaust, but given the main reason to replace it, it's safe to say they're getting rid of it for the same reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Sonics2k wrote: »
    God I hate you so much right now zubair, it's a great bike! :pac:

Black Widow are basically the only EU manufacturer of the exhaust system. Honda stopped doing them back in 2015 or so for the old models, so these days Black Widow corner the market.

You can trawl through Ebay to try and get an OEM exhaust, but given the main reason to replace it, it's safe to say they're getting rid of it for the same reason.

Do Delkevic do downpipes for them?
    I know someone who got a them for a Cbr600.
    Maybe they only do sportier ones.

Do Delkevic do downpipes for them?
    I know someone who got a them for a Cbr600.
    Maybe they only do sportier ones.

From what I remember, they were only doing the tail pipes. I contacted them but they didn't do the actual downpipes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭davidglanza

Washed the gpz today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The big GS down at The Furry Glen, Phoenix Park

477250.jpg

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    My first ever bike, just back from its first drive. Brand new 2019 GSX 125cc

UsNhDG5.jpg?1

lovely looking machine. well wear! How did you find the spin on it?

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    My first ever bike, just back from its first drive. Brand new 2019 GSX 125cc

UsNhDG5.jpg?1

Love the colour. Best of luck with it.

Nice. Well wear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Brilliant in the Wicklow hills today...

in_wicklow_hills.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

A few new additions to the Africa Twin..

DSC-0972-Copy.jpg

Cocoon wrote: »
    A few new additions to the Africa Twin..

DSC-0972-Copy.jpg

Nice,By any chance I didn't pass you today somewhere around Dungarvan?
    I was on a black ZZR1400.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

Nice,By any chance I didn't pass you today somewhere around Dungarvan?
    I was on a black ZZR1400.

No it wasn't me, I'm up in Dublin..

Cocoon wrote: »
    No it wasn't me, I'm up in Dublin..

Ah right.
    Your bike looks like if Batman had an Africa Twin!;)

Ah right.
    Your bike looks like if Batman had an Africa Twin!;)

Might feature in return of the dark knight part 2 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

My machine

One from last winter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

ZX7R wrote: »
    One from last week

Fixed that for ya.....:D

• Advertisement

Fixed that for ya.....:D